Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Shining Wiz

Re: Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

Post by Shining Wiz » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:47 pm

Do you think EVOLVE would sell its back catalogue to a WWE 'competitor' if it meant severing ties with WWE? Or even w/o WWE permission? Of course, when you consider WWE owns a part Flo means they're not really a competitor.

The idea that WWE invests in a company which then just happens to develop a indie wrestling network to piss off an investor is kind of silly.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:08 pm

syxxpakk wrote:WWN is cool but I can't help but think this NEEDS PWG to work.
Yeah, but isn't PWG's whole deal that they DON'T stream? Their talent are swamped with non-compete clauses, and they aren't activated by months-delayed DVD sales. If they streamed I think they'd torpedo their business.

You're totally right that it's likely the most valuable indie on the table, but it never really could be on the table for PWG.

Unless I've misunderstood their business, which is very possible.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:10 pm

Really hope this leads to ROH back catalog being on demand. As someone who started watching wrestling in 2011 I missed the ROH glory days.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Oct 24, 2016 10:13 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:Really hope this leads to ROH back catalog being on demand. As someone who started watching wrestling in 2011 I missed the ROH glory days.
x2

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:48 pm

Will this be a ps4 app? I hate using the chromecast.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:04 am

Garuda wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:WWN is cool but I can't help but think this NEEDS PWG to work.
Yeah, but isn't PWG's whole deal that they DON'T stream? Their talent are swamped with non-compete clauses, and they aren't activated by months-delayed DVD sales. If they streamed I think they'd torpedo their business.

You're totally right that it's likely the most valuable indie on the table, but it never really could be on the table for PWG.

Unless I've misunderstood their business, which is very possible.
Would the non-compete clauses really matter if ROH and EVOLVE are all doing the same thing? With TNA going under...
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:58 am

On to F4W board, Dave said PWG rejected Flosports offer immediately. I'm guessing the obligations all their talent has with promotions who distribute digitally would cause too many headaches for them. Even though I am a big critic of their distribution model, I get why this specific formate doesn't work for them.

Obviously, if we are to read the tea leaves that Dave and Keller have put out there (as well as rovert outright saying ROH is on board), WWN is obviously first but not last. I have to wonder if the fact that Joey Styles has begun to announce for Chikara and Beyond is an indicator that they too will come on board. Both have their own streaming services, but maybe the cost to them of sharing revenue in return for not having to pay for the expenses of running those services might make sense for them. I also wonder about some of the other second tier indies like HOH, AIW, AAW and others.

Depending on how widespread this goes, I can see this having a negative effect more on the RFVideo, SmartMark and Highspots of the world than anyone else.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:06 am

What Dave has said on this so far :
Anything at all written about WWE and them is premature. As of this minute, the sides have not even had the first conversation although guaranteed they will.

But idea that WWE will give them stuff or they'll give WWE stuff, while possible they could reach an agreement, it's every bit as possible as WWE will give NJPW stuff and NJPW will give WWE stuff, or same with ROH (which I think has allowed WWE to use some stuff) maybe slightly more but only slightly.

WWE is not happy that the price value has just skyrocketed (and that word is not exaggerated) if they want to get into the indie content game, and they obviously did based on their surveys.

Also, more importantly, if you are Adam Cole, Kyle O'Reilly and the Young Bucks, you have no idea what good news this could be.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:46 am

I'm really curious if this will include the past archive of federations involved or just the live events and then the archive of those live events which streamed on Flo.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:37 am

Ferrante207 wrote:Will this be a ps4 app? I hate using the chromecast.
They said that both a PS4 and Xbox app is in the pipeline. But they won't give a deadline for it yet since they don't want to get people's hopes up regarding it and not delivering.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:41 pm

Got the Roku app loaded up this morning. I'm going to be diving deep into the women's beach volleyball scene as a perk of my subscription.
College Beach Bash is coming up next month 8-)

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:08 pm

Seriously, glad it's $20/mo for all of the niches. I heard a good amount of buzz for the Submission Underground, so I'll check that.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:26 pm

So as far as FloSports/FloSlam goes, I have a few questions:

- Does the deal between FloSports/FloSlam & WWNLive mean that the actual WWNLive site (with all of the VOD's and such) is going away, or will that still be kept going? Similarly, if more promotions get together with FloSports/FloSlam, does this mean that their respective streaming services would no longer exist/come to an end?

- This next question pertains more to ROH. If ROH ends up being involved with FloSports/FloSlam, would that have any effect/impact on all of the current contract situations involving ROH talents who are rumored to be leaving?

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:48 pm

saviorofstrongstyle wrote:I'm really curious if this will include the past archive of federations involved or just the live events and then the archive of those live events which streamed on Flo.
Oh I should have read the press release, for WWN at least it is clear:
"In addition to live coverage and replays of all future WWNLive promotions, FloSlam will host archives from all WWNLive events dating back to 2003"

http://www.flosports.tv/flosports-annou ... loslam-tv/

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:52 pm

I believe Gabe stated that the site will be kept up for those who previously purchased VODs, plus they'll still be an iPPV distributor for other companies. But yeah, I would think if a significant amount of money is being offered to these groups, that there would be some exclusivity involved, and thus that would mean the end of their services. The initial press release talked about how subscribing to multiple sites quickly add up, so the goal is to absolutely get as many as possible under one umbrella.