Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Empiresk

Re: Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

Post by Empiresk » Sat Dec 17, 2016 10:35 pm

For the people who have taken the plunge with FloSlam, what are your overall opinions on the service?

I am very strongly considering signing up during the next few weeks during the Xmas time off work. Not bothered about the live streaming of Evolve and WWN as I am in the UK, but have the Evolve production values and look of their overall product improved at all?

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:30 am

Empiresk wrote:For the people who have taken the plunge with FloSlam, what are your overall opinions on the service?

I am very strongly considering signing up during the next few weeks during the Xmas time off work. Not bothered about the live streaming of Evolve and WWN as I am in the UK, but have the Evolve production values and look of their overall product improved at all?
I quite enjoy the Flo service, especially since the yearly plan also includes some big BJJ events. They upload the shows the night it happens unless something weird happens with the feed. There have been weird one-offs like someone pulling a plug out at the evolve show last week but Flo uploaded the full match the next day. Evolve improved their lighting some last year after the WWE partnership began but I haven't noticed any improvements since the move to Floslam. Tbf its only been a month and new equipment is pretty damn expensive.

themib

Post by themib » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:49 am

Just watched the SHINE show on replay last night, it now streams smoothly after buffering like hell in November. Dipped into some EVOLVE and Beyond as well, very much worth the $20 a month.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:36 am

So I got this thing to watch Ricochet/Ospreay but I can't seem to find any of the archive. I see the search button to type in wrestlers' names but where exactly is the page where all the EVOLVE/DGUSA shows are archived?
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

RolandGunner

Post by RolandGunner » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:38 am

RobViper13 wrote:So I got this thing to watch Ricochet/Ospreay but I can't seem to find any of the archive. I see the search button to type in wrestlers' names but where exactly is the page where all the EVOLVE/DGUSA shows are archived?
They don't have a full archive up yet up what has been loaded is here:

http://www.floslam.tv/article/48096-ful ... brary-list

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:40 am

Ah, thanks. I thought the full selection would be available, especially older DGUSA shows.

I'll probably check out Style Battle & maybe the EVOLVE shows later this month if I remember but I can't see sticking around considering my lack of interest in newer EVOLVE.

On the bright side Ricochet/Ospreay was amazing and that's really why I subbed so I don't get regret it.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

themib

Post by themib » Thu Jan 19, 2017 8:27 pm

WWE are intervening with the UK-based FloSlam shows - IPW:UK on Sunday was meant to have Matt Riddle vs. Pete Dunne, and Joseph Conners involved in an eight person main event, but now Dunne is in a pre-show match against Tom Dawkins, and Conners is off the card. Riddle now faces Ryan Smile.

The first Lucha Forever show on April 17th also had its main event changed - Pete Dunne vs. Travis Banks is now Shane Strickland vs. Travis Banks.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Jan 20, 2017 3:46 am

2016 was the year nearly every indie match was possible. In 2017 it is a joyless minefield for promoters. Pretty much a sea change happened over the course of a month.

Talked to various people yesterday involve in promoting wrestling or booking appearances. It has been a very stressful 24 hours. Expect more card changes tomorrow.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:25 am

Got confirmation on confirmation that WWE hates FloSlam now.

The standard EVOLVE contract has an out clause for talent so WWE could clean out the roster if they wanted. Interesting times.

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Fri Jan 20, 2017 6:16 am

rovert wrote:Got confirmation on confirmation that WWE hates FloSlam now.

The standard EVOLVE contract has an out clause for talent so WWE could clean out the roster if they wanted. Interesting times.
Something tells me WWE will make a serious play for Riddle sooner than later.

The thing going that's scarey about this is that WWE has already done a lot to clean out their roster. With all this talk about raids and monopolies I feel that there hasn't been enough talk about how Evolve has actually been hit the worse when it comes to talent losses.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:03 am

WWE is such a dogshit company. On every level.

FootOnTheRopes

Post by FootOnTheRopes » Fri Jan 20, 2017 10:33 am

It's no surprise the WWE are doing this, their history to create what they are now is based on doing just this. They are just clever enough try to hide it with a big sign says "we are just giving them a platform".

It will be interesting to see where the wrestling business is in 2017, I wonder how many companies will still be around, if Flo will still be in the wrestling business at all. I wonder what happens when the likes of ICW want to leave the network or those companies change because of being on the network.

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:42 pm

I don't see any issue with the WWE not wanting their contracted workers to appear on someone else's streaming service. Why should their guys make money for a direct competitor in the streaming marketplace? I'm fairly certain this has always been in their contracts to some extent (no iPPVs, etc).

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:28 pm

this is sad.