Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Re: Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:34 am

Multiple people told me ROH was in. They were also soft advertising Final Battle for a short time on their site. So either something changed, or Flo is spacing out the announcements so they stay in the news.

FootOnTheRopes

Post by FootOnTheRopes » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:38 am

Could it be that ROH got wind of all the other deals FloSports have in the pipe line like Beyond etc which they weren't aware of before or has sussed out this was a rather underhanded way for the WWE to in the end get the rights to Library they really shouldn't.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:20 am

Was led to believe the announcement would be last Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe Sinclair hasn't signed off on it.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:49 am

Joe Lanza wrote:Multiple people told me ROH was in. They were also soft advertising Final Battle for a short time on their site. So either something changed, or Flo is spacing out the announcements so they stay in the news.
When asked about that, Botter has said that he needed to fill the site with content and wrestling news, etc so he put all the major wrestling ppvs on there, WWE included. When people started asking if this meant deals, he yanked all of it except for WWN.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:00 am

rovert wrote:Was led to believe the announcement would be last Tuesday or Wednesday. Maybe Sinclair hasn't signed off on it.
Sinclair getting cold feet would be a disaster. I haven't been a ROH guy in years, but their inclusion is pretty much a necessity for this thing to have a chance.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:05 am

Honestly it wasn't rumourz it came from the same people told me everything else about Flo and that has been spot on. If it wasn't I would just wave it off as wrong and admit error.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:06 am

There is another streaming deal cooking up via a group out of Dallas.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:14 am

Joe Lanza wrote:There is another streaming deal cooking up via a group out of Dallas.
for roh?

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:15 am

Seemingly Sinclair is jealous/resentful of Flo and are holding up the Flo/ROH announcement.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:40 am

monster mafia wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:There is another streaming deal cooking up via a group out of Dallas.
for roh?
No, in general. Talked to a promoter who was approached by a new potential venture.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:53 am

rovert wrote:Honestly it wasn't rumourz it came from the same people told me everything else about Flo and that has been spot on. If it wasn't I would just wave it off as wrong and admit error.
I wasn't suggesting anything. You've been 100% solid on this one. Hopefully we hear something soon.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Tue Nov 01, 2016 3:56 am

Joe Lanza wrote:
monster mafia wrote:
for roh?
No, in general. Talked to a promoter who was approached by a new potential venture.
We're very quickly reaching market saturation here. Fighting for crumbs at a certain point.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:42 am

I mean, they are slowly uploading the EVOLVE back catalog (up to #68 currently), and DG USA 2009 Open the Freedom Gate and DG USA 2010 Enter the Dragon just got uploaded, but yea, would have been a lot better if an actual library of stuff was available at the time of announcement.
I want to sign up, but I am waiting until the EVOLVE back catalog is fully available and for more DG USA stuff. So right now instead of paying 20 bucks a month, I'm just waiting.

I saw on Twitter there is another streaming service starting up called Powerbomb.tv http://powerbomb.tv/

Does the dream of having a bunch of indies under one roof seem to be dwindling, as they will most likely just continue with their own service that they already have set up, or be spread out across an oversaturated market of streaming services?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Nov 01, 2016 7:39 am

With DGUSA, I recommend every show through Danielson's farewell weekend in the Midwest. By that point, the novelty seemed to be getting a bit thin and his star power shielded that, which became obvious once he was gone again.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:56 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
monster mafia wrote:
for roh?
Is it this?