WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

Post by supersonic » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:26 pm

What about all the unreleased FIP?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:44 pm

TGD287 wrote:Seriously, glad it's $20/mo for all of the niches. I heard a good amount of buzz for the Submission Underground, so I'll check that.
That sounds like something on a fetish website.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:48 pm

DXvsNWO wrote:So as far as FloSports/FloSlam goes, I have a few questions:

- Does the deal between FloSports/FloSlam & WWNLive mean that the actual WWNLive site (with all of the VOD's and such) is going away, or will that still be kept going? Similarly, if more promotions get together with FloSports/FloSlam, does this mean that their respective streaming services would no longer exist/come to an end?

- This next question pertains more to ROH. If ROH ends up being involved with FloSports/FloSlam, would that have any effect/impact on all of the current contract situations involving ROH talents who are rumored to be leaving?
I think the WWNLive site will remain for all past VOD content and streams not covered by the WWN/Flosports contract. All WWN content going forward will be on Floslam.

Dave's implication and what seems to be indicated by other commentators is that this would provide enough capital for the promotions involved to keep talent that would otherwise go to WWE. Here's why this doesn't make much sense to me-Sinclair could do that now, but hasn't. So why do we believe that they will continue invest the level of capital they are investing now if someone else is footing the bill? They seem very bottom line driven and I have a hard time believing they specifically would not use this deal to pad their bottom line rather than invest in the product.

Maybe that's a bit too cynical, but as of now, ROH hasn't been officially announced as being involved.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:54 pm

mlev76 wrote:
TGD287 wrote:Seriously, glad it's $20/mo for all of the niches. I heard a good amount of buzz for the Submission Underground, so I'll check that.
That sounds like something on a fetish website.
Heh. I'd have to imagine subscribers of the various Flo sites look at the other sports on the list and say "people pay for THAT? Weirdos."

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:02 pm

Excited for the marching band competition.

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:17 pm

mlev76 wrote:
I think the WWNLive site will remain for all past VOD content and streams not covered by the WWN/Flosports contract. All WWN content going forward will be on Floslam.
The announcement states the deal with WWN INCLUDES the full archive dating back to 2003.
"FloSlam will host archives from all WWNLive events dating back to 2003"
http://www.flosports.tv/flosports-annou ... loslam-tv/

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:34 pm

saviorofstrongstyle wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
The announcement states the deal with WWN INCLUDES the full archive dating back to 2003.
Gabe has stated that if you purchased content on WWNLive.com, you will still have access to it. Not sure if you can separate out those things on the Floslam site, but there's a lot of content on WWNLive.com not connected to the promotions under the WWNLive banner. I assume this archive only includes the WWN family of promotions and not the other hosted content (Kayfabe Commentaries, ICW, CZW, etc.)

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:26 pm

Jeremy Botter was on WOL today, and said he suggested to a VP at Flo they stream Wrestling, and was asked to prepare a proposal. So he went to Meltzer (who was initially cold on the idea) and Dave helped him put together the proposal that was accepted.

So Dave sat on this and was involved in it from the start, and I guess we should have seen it coming when he cryptically made mention to Evolve not being available on the WOR where he outlined WWE's networking pricing tier

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:42 pm

mlev76 wrote:
DXvsNWO wrote:So as far as FloSports/FloSlam goes, I have a few questions:

- Does the deal between FloSports/FloSlam & WWNLive mean that the actual WWNLive site (with all of the VOD's and such) is going away, or will that still be kept going? Similarly, if more promotions get together with FloSports/FloSlam, does this mean that their respective streaming services would no longer exist/come to an end?

- This next question pertains more to ROH. If ROH ends up being involved with FloSports/FloSlam, would that have any effect/impact on all of the current contract situations involving ROH talents who are rumored to be leaving?

Dave's implication and what seems to be indicated by other commentators is that this would provide enough capital for the promotions involved to keep talent that would otherwise go to WWE. Here's why this doesn't make much sense to me-Sinclair could do that now, but hasn't. So why do we believe that they will continue invest the level of capital they are investing now if someone else is footing the bill? They seem very bottom line driven and I have a hard time believing they specifically would not use this deal to pad their bottom line rather than invest in the product.

Maybe that's a bit too cynical, but as of now, ROH hasn't been officially announced as being involved.
If we're strictly talking about ROH names with New Japan bookings then I don't see what difference this makes. Even without the Flo Sports deal I think it's still questionable if these ROH names go to WWE or not with them having ROH deals, New Japan tours and other things in between. The real question to me is if WWE wants to sign guys like Tony Nese, Drew Gulak, Matt Riddle or more U.K. scene talents in the future then what will happen. What direction would these wrestlers go in?

Bix

Post by Bix » Wed Oct 26, 2016 1:13 am

mlev76 wrote:
saviorofstrongstyle wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
Gabe has stated that if you purchased content on WWNLive.com, you will still have access to it. Not sure if you can separate out those things on the Floslam site, but there's a lot of content on WWNLive.com not connected to the promotions under the WWNLive banner. I assume this archive only includes the WWN family of promotions and not the other hosted content (Kayfabe Commentaries, ICW, CZW, etc.)
Talked to Gabe about this earlier today. This is basically correct, plus if you have existing VOD purchases, those will still be available through the WWNLive site.

BradPTBN

Post by BradPTBN » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:12 am

mlev76 wrote: Obviously, if we are to read the tea leaves that Dave and Keller have put out there (as well as rovert outright saying ROH is on board)
Where did rovert say that?

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:22 am

BradPTBN wrote:
mlev76 wrote: Obviously, if we are to read the tea leaves that Dave and Keller have put out there (as well as rovert outright saying ROH is on board)
Where did rovert say that?
He legit tweeted "they have Evolve and Roh" before the Evolve news even broke.

I believe he gets more attention when he's cryptic. The last few things he's legit come out and said and very few picked up on it.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:41 am

ODonnell wrote:Jeremy Botter was on WOL today, and said he suggested to a VP at Flo they stream Wrestling, and was asked to prepare a proposal. So he went to Meltzer (who was initially cold on the idea) and Dave helped him put together the proposal that was accepted.

So Dave sat on this and was involved in it from the start, and I guess we should have seen it coming when he cryptically made mention to Evolve not being available on the WOR where he outlined WWE's networking pricing tier

I saw Rovert screencap this and Botter call him out for it not being true and that he never said Dave helped him put together the proposal.

Time stamp 24:19 on WOL and I am directly quoting here "I called up Dave, when I need information I call up Dave. And he was cold on it at first and then we started talking and get he got more excited. HE WAS A REAL BIG HELP, A LOT OF MY INITIAL PITCH AND PROPOSAL THAT I PUT IN FRONT OF THESE PEOPLE, DAVE HELPED ME WITH IT ENORMOUSLY"

Maybe he said too much? But my recap was pretty spot on to what he said. Botter then when on to say that the guy who is in charge of rights acquisition is an Observer subscriber.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:08 pm

DGUSA confirmed for FloSlam as per Jeremy Botter's AMA on Wreddit.

Consider me signing up for at least 2-3 months.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:40 am

Flo has bungled this so badly. They obviously didn't know their audience. You can't launch a $20 service with WWN and a promise to add additional undetermined content at a date to later be announced. Nearly every podcast I've heard over the last 5 days has been cold on this. The same goes for newly every person I spoke with. Not good.