Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Potential WWE Network Changes & FloSports Speculation

Post by supersonic » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:07 am

This will be out of order just as Meltzer presented it tonight.
Per Observer Radio:
WWE looking into tier based pricing and conducting market research on the WWE Network.
Four different tiers would include
Free access, $4.99 monthly including WrestleMania, $9.99 monthly w/ upgrades, and $14.99 monthly including "regular footage of non-WWE promotions"
Meltzer doesn't know if the interest in TNA's library as well as, get this, ROH's library, would play into this. Meltzer also doesn't know if this would include live events, assumedly for other federations like UFC does with other ptomotions on Fight Pass.
The $14.99 tier would also allow fans to vote for the WWE HOF.
The free tier would be all the video clips and archives, but maxes out at 5 hours of viewing per month. The live 24/7 stream would also be available, but NXT, the Cruiserweight Classic, and live PPV events would be blacked out.
The $4.99 tier would only be for tablets and smartphones, and the only live PPVs included would be the traditional Big Four. NXT would be included but not live. Full video archive allowed without limit. 24/7 stream available, but the Cruiserweight Classic would be blacked out.
Cruiserweight Classic is being discussed as a weekly program.
Free plan would have plenty of commercials for obvious reasons. The current quantity of commercials would be applicable to the $4.99 plan.
The $9.99 tier would be the current service, with Cruiserweight Classic included as well as NXT live, but specifics haven't been given if NXT's weekly TV would be taped or become a regularly live program.
The $14.99 tier would have independent wrestling content; TNA and ROH libraries are being targeted for this. Like UFC's Fight Club, this tier's subscribers would have first dibs on purchasing live event tickets, HOF voting rights, and online chat participation, plus second screen content, and invitations to "exclusive VIP meetings" with talent.
An unnamed competitor is looking to get into this independent wrestling streaming market.

Hobbes

Re: OBSERVER SCOOP: WWE NETWORK CHANGES AFFECTING ROH AND TNA

Post by Hobbes » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:04 am

So if WWE is trying to go the UFC Fight Pass/WWN Live/Highspots TV route with the $14.99 tier, let me commit now that if WWE puts some grimy ass IWA-MS shows on it, I will buy it.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:26 pm

Exciting - can't help but smile when WWE busts out of their comfort zone. Hopefully it shakes out favorably for the fans.

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:10 pm

Predicted this at the Network launch. Rob McCarron and RobtheViper told me I was wrong. They can now suck it.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:12 pm

Longterm, this is bad for the industry. Any promotion that stands on its own two feet or who has a unique fanbase would be doing themselves a disservice working under WWE's umbrella, but that also means they risk being frozen out from using a ton of talent.

UFC has regional promotions like Invicta, Titan, and Pancrase on Fight Pass, but the industry still has actual competition like Bellator or ONE FC, where someone can make a living outside of the Zuffa umbrella.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:21 pm

Don't like this one bit if it ends up being legit. Last thing I want is to hear WWE shilling while watching an ROH PPV. Of course it may not get to that level but I still don't like the idea of WWE ruling over the indies either.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:57 pm

I am sure this as been on the cards for a while.

But Flo Sports had been contacting bigger indie groups to stream their shows live/buy their promotion or library over the last few months. So maybe WWE is trying to counter that as we head it into another phase of the stream age.

GuestTimekeeper

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:37 pm

As much good stuff that's in the ROH and TNA libraries, I don't have time to watch stuff from the archives already. Not sure I would pay five more dollars a month for that. If live events, or recently taped events were available though... that's a game changer.

I would think EVOLVE would make the most sense for indy live events, at least at first.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:43 pm

syxxpakk wrote:Predicted this at the Network launch. Rob McCarron and RobtheViper told me I was wrong. They can now suck it.
I don't know about this RobtheViper guy or why you want him to suck whatever it is but you're overreacting to a rumor.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:53 pm

rovert wrote:I am sure this as been on the cards for a while.

But Flo Sports had been contacting bigger indie groups to stream their shows live/buy their promotion or library over the last few months. So maybe WWE is trying to counter that as we head it into another phase of the stream age.

But what about this?

http://www.f4wonline.com/wwe-news/wwe-p ... rts-218701

Do you counter your investments?

syxxpakk

Post by syxxpakk » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:23 pm

RobViper13 wrote:
syxxpakk wrote:Predicted this at the Network launch. Rob McCarron and RobtheViper told me I was wrong. They can now suck it.
I don't know about this RobtheViper guy or why you want him to suck whatever it is but you're overreacting to a rumor.
So tough to own when you're wrong. I know, it's never easy for me either.
"If I’m Neville or Aries, I definitely give a shit about the take of TJ “Career Trajectory Vanilla Midget” Perkins regarding my burning desire for advancement and steady income." - supersonic

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:26 pm

I don't understand why there's heat about you making a prediction. Everyone was guessing - no one was significantly more brilliant than the other. Cool off.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:40 pm

I guess since the cat is out of the bag, I can confirm the Flo Sports bit. We were asked to advise on potential promotions by someone heavily involved in the company several months ago, probably in the spring or early summer.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:24 pm

syxxpakk wrote:
RobViper13 wrote:
So tough to own when you're wrong. I know, it's never easy for me either.
Stop being weird. It hasn't happened yet and these questionnaires largely come to nothing.