monster mafia

Re: WWE Hell in a Cell 2016 - October 30, 2016

Post by monster mafia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:18 am

not watching the ppv just reading the spoilers of the main event:

FUCK THIS COMPANY SO HARD.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:34 am

monster mafia wrote:not watching the ppv just reading the spoilers of the main event:

IM SO ANGRY AT SOMETHING I DIDNT WATCH

Wrestling fans in 2016

Show was in the middle, three cells matches were all good to great. Sasha/Charlotte was awesome....except that finish. Vince in 2016 is rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:38 am

ODonnell wrote:
monster mafia wrote:not watching the ppv just reading the spoilers of the main event:

IM SO ANGRY AT SOMETHING I DIDNT WATCH

Wrestling fans in 2016

Show was in the middle, three cells matches were all good to great. Sasha/Charlotte was awesome....except that finish. Vince in 2016 is rough

I am talking about the finish ,in her hometown...every 2 weeks a new champion? fuck that shit.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:42 am

Thumbs in the middle show.

Best match - Kevin Owens v. Seth Rollins

I didn't mind the finish of the main event. Charlotte is the glue of that division and that PPV streak can be used to build up her defense at Mania, whether it be against Bayley or Dana. Also, you can't trust Sasha to work a full schedule and stay healthy at this point, Charlotte's the safe hand.
My wife enjoyed the main event, although she kept yelling for Sasha to fix her wedgie at the end. I wasn't complaining 8-)

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:44 am

First off, reading the spoilers and not actually seeing the match doesn't do very much to give you any ability to judge things. You can, but it really makes little sense.

Second, in terms of the result of the main event, I don't really know why people get angry over things like the idea of beating hometown people in their hometowns and the fact that Vince likes some people (Charlotte) better than others (Sasha). I'd understand if the chosen person sucked, but Charlotte has done quite well and grown as a wrestler this whole year.

Finally, the finish was a bit flat especially for such a brutal and emotional match. I still thought it was great, but I like Roman/Rusev better.

All three Cell matches delivered in one way or another and I thought the opener and the main event were great. Owens/Rollins was a notch below, but still very good.

The rest of the show was truly filler but with three matches like this it really doesn't matter as long as the other stuff doesn't suck (it didn't) and isn't too long (wasn't.)

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:55 am

1. i have the ability of talk about anything i want to talk
2. you guys are right on one thing,charlotte is the star and sasha..well idk ...i see an early retirement for her if she insist on wrestle that way.

maybe they wanna build bayley vs charlotte or something..

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:07 am

Reigns v. Rusev ***1/2

Bayley v. Brooke *

Gallows/Anderson v. Enzo/Cass **

Owens v. Rollins ****

Perkins v. Kendrick **1/2

New Day v. Cesaro/Seamus **

Banks v. Flair ***1/2

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:12 am

Reigns - Rusev : ***3/4
KO-SR : ***3/4
Sasha - Charlotte : ****1/4
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:10 am

That show was a chore to sit through. The matches that had a chance to deliver had wonky finishes, and a few matches were dull as dirt.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:26 am

mlev76 wrote:I don't really know why people get angry over things like the idea of beating hometown people in their hometowns.
Because it's sort of stupid to kill off the enthusiasm of a crowd in attendance hoping their local guy wins? I've got no skin in the game, but if I'm a paying fan coming on to see my local guy compete and defend a title and they're actually the babyface then why wouldn't I be annoyed that my guy lost? What about a 4 hour show where I get that as my climax is gonna induce me to come back next month for the house show?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:31 am

Danwaka wrote:
mlev76 wrote:I don't really know why people get angry over things like the idea of beating hometown people in their hometowns.
Because it's sort of stupid to kill off the enthusiasm of a crowd in attendance hoping their local guy wins? I've got no skin in the game, but if I'm a paying fan coming on to see my local guy compete and defend a title and they're actually the babyface then why wouldn't I be annoyed that my guy lost? What about a 4 hour show where I get that as my climax is gonna induce me to come back next month for the house show?
The problem is that they do it so much, it feels like VKM gets off on it. Which supposedly he does.

Like anything else in wrestling, booking hometown wins and hometown losses can both be beneficial to business when done at the right times. The crowd wasn't exactly red hot for Sasha tonight. I don't think it would have made a difference tonight if she had won tonight whether it was Boston or LA or Tokyo or Birmingham. Boston didn't seem to care at all that she was the home team.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:44 am

The stretcher job killed Banks-Charlotte dead. They came out HOT...then killed it on the spot with that trope nonsense.

Sad, because the match itself was rather good, albeit "safe"...Lil disappointed no one went off the cage though.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:45 am

I think we watched different shows, the one I watched had the crowd chanting for Sasha before and during the match.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:58 am

Joe Lanza wrote:
Danwaka wrote:
The problem is that they do it so much, it feels like VKM gets off on it. Which supposedly he does.

Like anything else in wrestling, booking hometown wins and hometown losses can both be beneficial to business when done at the right times. The crowd wasn't exactly red hot for Sasha tonight. I don't think it would have made a difference tonight if she had won tonight whether it was Boston or LA or Tokyo or Birmingham. Boston didn't seem to care at all that she was the home team.
I'm not sure if its so much that he gets off on it than it is his philosophy to avoid manufactured pops beyond the actual overness of a character due to the hometown connection. I actually don't think Banks' connection is that great with Boston that it really matters nor do I think it had anything to do with the decision to put Charlotte over.

Charlotte is their choice for the face of the division and honestly, I don't think it's the wrong choice. I also look at the reality of a HITC match and recognize who should survive if this is real. I like Banks a lot, but she's clearly not as physically imposing as Charlotte nor as sturdy. Logically, someone like Charlotte should win in this situation.

As with everything, the key is what's next. I know someone a couple of weeks ago suggested that Charlotte may be turned face by feuding with a reformed Danna/Emma duo. If they shift the focus in ring from Dana to Emma, I'd be 100% on board with that.