WWE Hell in a Cell 2016 - October 30, 2016

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Re: WWE Hell in a Cell 2016 - October 30, 2016

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:02 pm

ODonnell wrote:I think we watched different shows, the one I watched had the crowd chanting for Sasha before and during the match. 9

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
...for me.

Also...took time for the crowd to buy in after that shit..but I digress.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Dave on WOR said Sasha was originally supposed to go over, but the finish was changed. It might have been due to the change in the match order or, as Dave said, because they want the next title program to be Charlotte/Bayley.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:50 pm

mlev76 wrote:I'm not sure if its so much that he gets off on it than it is his philosophy to avoid manufactured pops beyond the actual overness of a character due to the hometown connection.

There's this Samoan gentleman in the company who has received every possible manufactured pop he can be given that might dispel that theory.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:55 pm

they are so bad at booking that they dont know how to make a sasha vs bayley ( face vs face) feud for the tittle.

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:38 pm

Something I have not heard much about was the sheer dominance Reigns had over Rusev in that feud. Rusev did not beat Reigns once on TV or PPV. NOT ONCE! Not to mention Reigns powered out of the Accolade WITH A CHAIN WRAPPED AROUND HIS FACE. Now I will say I do not think this feud will kill Rusev, mostly because he is so good at what he does, but I do have to question if this feud rehabbed Reigns. I do not think it did but you can bet your bottom dollar the machine won't stop until everyone realizes that Roman is a star, dammit!

So who's next to be sacrificed to the all mighty Reigns? It's a shame there isn't someone super over that Reigns can associate himself with. Maybe he can go down during the Goldberg/Brock match and just beat both of them down.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:54 pm

itsberlo wrote:Something I have not heard much about was the sheer dominance Reigns had over Rusev in that feud. Rusev did not beat Reigns once on TV or PPV. NOT ONCE! Not to mention Reigns powered out of the Accolade WITH A CHAIN WRAPPED AROUND HIS FACE. Now I will say I do not think this feud will kill Rusev, mostly because he is so good at what he does, but I do have to question if this feud rehabbed Reigns. I do not think it did but you can bet your bottom dollar the machine won't stop until everyone realizes that Roman is a star, dammit!

So who's next to be sacrificed to the all mighty Reigns? It's a shame there isn't someone super over that Reigns can associate himself with. Maybe he can go down during the Goldberg/Brock match and just beat both of them down.
How Vince has not started a full blown program with Roman yet in hopes of getting Austin style reactions for him is surprising. I know they have had some limiated interaction. But you'd think Vince would think it would work again.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:17 pm

itsberlo wrote:Something I have not heard much about was the sheer dominance Reigns had over Rusev in that feud. Rusev did not beat Reigns once on TV or PPV. NOT ONCE! Not to mention Reigns powered out of the Accolade WITH A CHAIN WRAPPED AROUND HIS FACE. Now I will say I do not think this feud will kill Rusev, mostly because he is so good at what he does, but I do have to question if this feud rehabbed Reigns. I do not think it did but you can bet your bottom dollar the machine won't stop until everyone realizes that Roman is a star, dammit!

If Reigns was the guy, we would have known long before this feud. Cena, for all his shortcomings, was a guy who moved numbers across the board within a short time of him being given the torch. He stemmed the bleeding from the HHH-dominant era of WWE television, moved a ton of merchandise, was a reliable house show draw, set a number of record live gates, multiple million-buy PPV numbers, etc. He was the closest thing Vince ever had to a true Hogan successor. Every heel that they put Cena over was for the greater good and accomplished something. It's been nearly 30 months of them doing the same with Reigns and they've somehow gone backwards from the start.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:38 pm

I won't even get into that God awful Reigns-Rusev finish. Absolutely contrived nonsense. You ruin everyone Reigns works with when you have the guy break out of being choked out by a chain, including Reigns himself who gets collectively handwoven everytime they Cena book him.

It took a lot...a once in a generation type of 'a lot' for Cena to overcome that booking. The rapport Cena needed to develop over YEARS to get fans respect and for the Cena Sucks chants to be tongue in cheek took an incredible amount of booking...more so than if you just let the build happen naturally.

Reigns needed that LOSS in my opinion...and in that fashion...Rusev being more brutal. Then Reigns overcoming THAT in a future match is similar to Cena choking out Umaga...would have been a better jump start than what they just did.

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:25 pm

Imagine explaining to a child the Rusev/Reigns angle.... There was this man who is from another country. He is very close to his family but wanted to move to the United States to live out his dream. He eventually met and married the woman of his dreams and became a US champion. They celebrated their marriage until this other 'guy" came in and ruined the festivities. This "guy" made his wife look foolish and shamed the couple. This " guy" even made fun of the man's family. Every time this man tried to defend his family and wife's honor he failed. He even had this '"guy" alone in a cage with nowhere to run just to lose to him. He was unable to defend his family and wife's honor. The end.

Now ask the child who is the bad guy and who is the good guy? Is this a happy ending?

WWE booking ladies and gentlemen.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:30 pm

I fucking hated the finish to the women's match, but I do see a little bit of a positive.

And its that they have come to grips with Dana's inability to wrestle/be a pushed wrestler. Last night was them going "holy shit, we're in the process of ruining Bayley, she needs to go into a program with Charlotte immediately"

I assume they think Sasha is made, so she can take the loss and go beat Nia in a program, while Charlotte battles Bayley for the title. I dont hate that, but I dont like the way they got there at all.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:42 pm

itsberlo wrote:Imagine explaining to a child the Rusev/Reigns angle.... There was this man who is from another country. He is very close to his family but wanted to move to the United States to live out his dream. He eventually met and married the woman of his dreams and became a US champion. They celebrated their marriage until this other 'guy" came in and ruined the festivities. This "guy" made his wife look foolish and shamed the couple. This " guy" even made fun of the man's family. Every time this man tried to defend his family and wife's honor he failed. He even had this '"guy" alone in a cage with nowhere to run just to lose to him. He was unable to defend his family and wife's honor. The end.

Now ask the child who is the bad guy and who is the good guy? Is this a happy ending?

Way to conveniently leave out that Rusev is a bully and that along with Lana, shits on American wrestling fans for the crime of being American wrestling fans. While not mentioned since the singles feud started, Rusev also tried sabotaging Reigns in the main event several months back, including attacks at TLC and Royal Rumble.

itsberlo

Post by itsberlo » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:54 pm

supersonic wrote:
itsberlo wrote:Imagine explaining to a child the Rusev/Reigns angle.... There was this man who is from another country. He is very close to his family but wanted to move to the United States to live out his dream. He eventually met and married the woman of his dreams and became a US champion. They celebrated their marriage until this other 'guy" came in and ruined the festivities. This "guy" made his wife look foolish and shamed the couple. This " guy" even made fun of the man's family. Every time this man tried to defend his family and wife's honor he failed. He even had this '"guy" alone in a cage with nowhere to run just to lose to him. He was unable to defend his family and wife's honor. The end.

Way to conveniently leave out that Rusev is a bully and that along with Lana, shits on American wrestling fans for the crime of being American wrestling fans. While not mentioned since the singles feud started, Rusev also tried sabotaging Reigns in the main event several months back, including attacks at TLC and Royal Rumble.
Ok so they're both bad guys. As it pertains to this angle however I still feel Reigns came off the dick more so than Rusev.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:21 pm

supersonic wrote:Way to conveniently leave out that Rusev is a bully and that along with Lana, shits on American wrestling fans for the crime of being American wrestling fans. While not mentioned since the singles feud started, Rusev also tried sabotaging Reigns in the main event several months back, including attacks at TLC and Royal Rumble.
Shitting on American wrestling fans doesn't make you a heel in my book. :lol:

Not to mention that Reigns literally started the feud by coming out to the ring when Rusev and Lana were celebrating their wedding and got Lana tossed into her wedding cake. Lana didn't even have anything to do with the League of Nations.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Lana insulted the fans in that segment, so she got ate humble cake for it.

If Tom Brady and his model wife ever presented themselves in a similar fashion on a public platform, fans outside the Northeast would be masturbating every time someone buried them or got a dirty hit on the GOAT.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:48 pm

ODonnell wrote:I think we watched different shows, the one I watched had the crowd chanting for Sasha before and during the match.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The match was pretty heatless during some very key moments.