WWE Smackdown Live

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Padje

Re: WWE Smackdown Live

Post by Padje » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:34 pm

ODonnell wrote:
Padje wrote:It's a shame the tag finals won't be American Alpha vs Breeze and Fandango, but this should lead to an Usos heel turn, allowing them to wash their Roman association stink off them.
I'm thinking Alpha lose to Usos in the semi because the Usos cheat, and then Usos beat Slater/Rhyno to get the fans even more pissed at them.

Slater looked like a star tonight, really enjoyed his segments
That's a great idea.

If they do the classic 'big fella answers Heath's challenge' the next month and Heath beats him, that would cement him as someone. He's got so many of the skills.

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:41 pm

I think the Heath tag storyline would have been perfect for Tye Dillenger. Him and Heath would be so damn over.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:42 pm

Are we thinking that Styles wins the championship at Backlash?

It could go either way, and both men have fresh mashups (this is the beginning of the new rosters after all), but I can't help but feel that Styles takes his momentum all the way to the top. I'm not sure if they'll put him over Ambrose, but I think Ambrose has a lot of interesting things he could do without the title, while Styles I think needs the title to continue his top-of-the-world arrogance.

AssDan316

Post by AssDan316 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:44 pm

When they were first talking up a soft brand split after WM31 I remember reading Bryan thinking he could get Slater over fairly well. I wonder if the Slater angle is his idea (probably not).

Also 100% Styles should get a run now, it's his time. Ambrose should get it back eventually however because there's no other face that is really worthy of it on Smackdown.

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:45 pm

I can't help but think they're going to blow this Heath thing to keep him a heel goof

Usos beat Slater/Rhyno in semis after a long fought match where the Usos grab the tights to win and screw one of them. Slater blames Rhyno

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Wait, did I miss something, or is there a mystery tag team in this tournament?

American Alpha, Breezango, The Ascension, The Usos, The Hype Bros, The Vaudevillains are the 6 tag teams, and Slater/Rhyno makes seven. Who's the eighth? Did I miss something obvious?

EDIT: Thinking about it, it means we may get a cool NXT spot (unlikely, even for a one-shot), or it's going to be like Kane & Baron Corbin teaming so that Slater/Rhyno can get an unlikely win.

themib

Post by themib » Wed Aug 24, 2016 8:26 pm

Yes, they said Rhyno and Slater will face a mystery team next week.

Padje

Post by Padje » Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:54 am

Garuda wrote:Are we thinking that Styles wins the championship at Backlash?

It could go either way, and both men have fresh mashups (this is the beginning of the new rosters after all), but I can't help but feel that Styles takes his momentum all the way to the top. I'm not sure if they'll put him over Ambrose, but I think Ambrose has a lot of interesting things he could do without the title, while Styles I think needs the title to continue his top-of-the-world arrogance.
After the story coming out of sunday's match, I can't see Styles not winning the title here or at the next Smackdown PPV. I'd expect him to hang on to it until Mania.

The crowd is going to turn both guys at Backlash.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:47 am

Remember when people thought AJ would never get over because he couldn't cut a promo?

Cream rises to the top. His personality in the WWE is A+.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:50 am

The show's been great, but I'm sitting here watching this Heath Slater skit that's just pure death. Isn't it funny that he's a poor redneck?

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:51 am

Kinda thought the show sucked, no where near as good as last week.

At least the women are getting time, and Crews/Styles was a good 6 minute match.

Ziggler answering the Miz was a super disappointing payoff, hopefully talking smack makes up for it

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:09 am

Garuda wrote:The show's been great, but I'm sitting here watching this Heath Slater skit that's just pure death. Isn't it funny that he's a poor redneck?
Rhyno's reactions were the glue that held that segment together, glad the Headbangers seem to be in good health and got a one off paycheck

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:39 am

Reading reviews and watching Talking Smack has been great for me so far.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:29 am

JML

Post by JML » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:22 am

I listened to Shelton on MVP's podcast and he said that he hadn't had his medicals done yet when they aired the promo videos. He said he tore his rotator in April and still wrestled while at NOAH