WWE Smackdown Live

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

Re: WWE Smackdown Live

Post by rovert » Sat Sep 17, 2016 7:25 pm

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:17 pm

Fun way to keep things hot. Good on 'em.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:34 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:50 am

Observer:
This may not happen, especially since it would be months away if it does happen, but there’s been a pitch for Benjamin, Swagger and Ziggler as a Varsity Club/shooters type group on Smackdown. The thing is from an international standpoint, the most accomplished wrestler on Smackdown would be Gable, who went to the Olympics, although Benjamin, who placed third in the nation as a senior would be the most accomplished NCAA wrestler on the brand. Gable in NXT at one point headed up a shooters group and it was dropped because of the idea that Vince hates those kinds of gimmicks and it would hurt everyone involved

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:04 am

Holy shit, I'm going through SD, and that Miz/Ziggler segment was SO good. It's a must-see.

When Smackdown went live, the question was "if this works, which wrestlers will really benefit from the increased focus?" Ziggler I could've predicted, but The Miz has been such a wonderful surprise.

If you watched that segment, rewatch it and LISTEN to the CROWD. They're so into it.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:00 am

Cena's promo on talking smack just completely destroyed Ambrose, I mean he just took a shit on him.

God I love smackdown and talking smack

billknust

Post by billknust » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:16 am

Honestly, Smackdown is the best 2.5 hours of wrestling every week. Love how they've made this show different from Raw, and it is working so well. The Miz has been so fucking good on the stick lately, and having his wife with him makes him more of a star, IMO. She is so good, and that rubs off on him as well, too. I am actually excited to see him and Ziggler wrestle for the billionth time at No Mercy. Same for the three-way for the WWE title, that match has 4.5 star potential written all over it.

And, Talking Smack. I mean holy fuck. Thank you for unscripted promos. Becky and especially Cena were really good tonight.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:44 am

Not to add nothing, and not to parrot, but GOOD GOD that Cena promo was incredible on Talking Smack. To take nothing away from Becky, who totally delivered, but Cena's already so good on the stick, the "unfiltered" approach just lets him unleash his talents.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:52 am

Smackdown is such a smooth show most weeks. Hope they pick up Cesaro and/or Neville to give them more options in the ring though. Can't keep rotating between Ambrose, Cena and Styles.

Napalm Death

Post by Napalm Death » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:55 am

Garuda wrote:Not to add nothing, and not to parrot, but GOOD GOD that Cena promo was incredible on Talking Smack. To take nothing away from Becky, who totally delivered, but Cena's already so good on the stick, the "unfiltered" approach just lets him unleash his talents.
It was. I hope this pushes Ambrose to "step up".

billknust

Post by billknust » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:45 pm

I think the other thing I enjoy about Smackdown is the heels get to keep their heat for awhile, and they aren't chickenshits in a bad way. They do chickenshit heel stuff, but they don't come off like the Raw heels do. They are believable. You want to see them lose in the end. It's what wrestling should be.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:10 pm

2 hours: that is the best thing about smackdown...they can make every character important

raw has so much time and they dont know how to make things right.

the tag division is still for me very bad.

maggot

Post by maggot » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:48 pm

Where is Eva Marie?!?! That Bliss attack on Lynch would've been the perfect way to reintroduce her and her "Doesn't Compete" gimmick.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:59 am

That Cena promo was scorched earth. Damn.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Oct 19, 2016 12:16 am

OK, I'm watching it Live, and I'm really getting sick of this Bray shit. In smaller doses it's flat, but not totally obnoxious. I just let it pass.

This Orton feud has exhausted my tolerance. And it's because Bray Wyatt never DOES anything. He just talks, distracts, and I guess now rolls around in a coffin. He's not depraved, he's not insane, and if he was he'd do ANYTHING other then stand near Halloween decorations.

I have reached my breaking point tonight. Please go away Bray.