The Lucha Underground Thread

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
thecubsfan

Re: The Lucha Underground Thread

Post by thecubsfan » Fri Jul 29, 2016 1:10 am

Has anybody figured that these demos are based on the person's name on the cable or satellite bill?
Those are Neilsen ratings, so they wouldn't have anything to do with what's listed on a bill. (If I understand the process correctly, the selected Nielsen household has all the viewers in the house put in their age and other info into a device, then indicate when they start watching a show and when they stop.)

From experience, the live crowd at the tapings is somewhere around 90% 18-49, and that 10% is more likely to be under 18 than over 49. (The rare 49+-er tend to be Hollywood people in the VIP area who've brought their children.) I would expect that to be the same general audience they would draw if they ever ran events.

Frank Olson

Post by Frank Olson » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:13 am

Ferrante207 wrote:It's odd you mention the 50 year year old males. I have a coworker in my office that is around that age and he only watches LU. No other wrestling promotions. Was big into wrestling in the 90s. It's an anecdote, but fits the data.
My dad is in his 60s, was a big AWA and NWA fan in the '70s and '80s, and is pretty much only into Lucha Underground nowadays. I tried to get him into New Japan and ROH (he and I attended the Global Wars PPV together) and while he appreciates certain things about those promotions (he liked the Ospreay/Ricochet BOSJ match, and he likes Cheeseburger and Dalton Castle) he has never gotten invested in them like he has with LU.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Fri Jul 29, 2016 10:07 am

One can never have too many episodes of Lucha Underground.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Aug 02, 2016 10:46 am

CThrash13

Post by CThrash13 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:45 pm

I recently changed cable companies to a local one. Everything is great except the lack of El Rey Network. They usually post the main event on You Tube to watch, but I'm very hopeful something gets worked out with Hulu moving forward. It would be huge for increasing viewership, and most importantly, it would be huge for my viewing pleasure! Haha. I'll find every episode online if need be, but it'll be so much better to get it in crystal clear HD through Hulu! I read that a deal was possible a few months back, but I haven't heard anything since.

As far as Ultima Lucha Dos is concerned, I'm with Rob Viper in saying Puma vs. Rey is one of the best matches of the year. I loved it! It was well worth the wait!

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:59 pm

The Netflix deal I guess?

JML

Post by JML » Thu Aug 04, 2016 1:27 am

rovert wrote:
It's only in SD. I hope it goes to HD eventually like Viceland did.

This means for me no more buying on iTunes or waiting for them to post matches on YouTube.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:32 pm

Lucha Underground Season 3 Trailer!

Tranquilo?Tranquilo!

Post by Tranquilo?Tranquilo! » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:15 pm

So we don't get any resolution with Aerostar and the twelve tribes?

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:55 am

Tranquilo?Tranquilo! wrote:So we don't get any resolution with Aerostar and the twelve tribes?
I thought it was seven tribes? Isn't it seven tribes?

kcstlchi

Post by kcstlchi » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:58 am

Yes it's seven

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:45 pm

Tranquilo?Tranquilo! wrote:So we don't get any resolution with Aerostar and the twelve tribes?
Aerostar's in there and the people he met with appear to be in there. But they're definitely slow playing that storyline and whatever resolution might be years down the line.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:54 pm

I'm so behind on Lucha Underground that I may just restart Season 2 and watch them in a huge binge. Good idea or should I just pick and choose certain episodes to watch?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:02 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:I'm so behind on Lucha Underground that I may just restart Season 2 and watch them in a huge binge. Good idea or should I just pick and choose certain episodes to watch?
I thought the second season was significantly weaker than the first one, so I'd pick and choose the shows/matches that are either praised or key to storylines. Definitely watch the title changes, some of the better gimmick matches and anything else that sticks out. I'd even pick and choose through the four hours of Ultima Lucha Dos and probably just forget about the first hour in its entirety.

Until the CWC ends, it's going to be hard to give LU much attention. They really lost me this year and given my general proclivity to WWE, if something doesn't keep me hooked, it's easy to let it slide.Right now, if I so choose, I get seven hours of first run WWE each week plus PPVs. So, LU, ROH, TNA, etc. usually take a back seat to that plus any highly praised stuff out there plus any WWE Network watching I may choose.