NWA Thread - The Relic, The Remnant

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Headlock

Re: NWA Thread - The Relic, The Remnant

Post by Headlock » Tue Nov 07, 2017 11:39 am

I'm love the 10 pounds of Gold series, NWA does something that is important in every Story telling medium, they huminaze the wrestlers, wich makes it so much easier to get invested in them.
Showing the wrestlers in there Home just spending time with their Family is so much more effective than, Anything WWE is doing.
CIMA said once Dragon Gate is a fantasy based on REALITY and much more companys need to pic up on that concept.
Call me leon

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:43 pm

Headlock wrote:I'm love the 10 pounds of Gold series, NWA does something that is important in every Story telling medium, they huminaze the wrestlers, wich makes it so much easier to get invested in them.
Showing the wrestlers in there Home just spending time with their Family is so much more effective than, Anything WWE is doing.
CIMA said once Dragon Gate is a fantasy based on REALITY and much more companys need to pic up on that concept.
Who doesn't sympathize with Tim Storm at this point? A 50+ year old grandfather who after over 20 years in the business finally captures one of the great world titles that has eluded him for so long?

Who doesn't get behind that?

Leafs451

Post by Leafs451 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:58 am

They are streaming the Aldis/Storm title match on Facebook right now.

https://www.facebook.com/pg/NWA/videos/ ... e_internal

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:05 am

Sound quality on the cordless mic is not great, but I'm still hyped.

Leafs451

Post by Leafs451 » Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:27 am

Storm beats Aldis.

The match was...fine. It's pretty much exactly what I expected it to be, semi botched finish aside. I wasn't expecting anything above 1.5-2 stars but this wasn't about the match quality. Glad Tim Storm won because I feel like he has more a story to tell.The story made me care so much more then the work then I ever would have. All in all, good showing. I like when wrestling makes me care. I wonder who else they bring in to face him.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:03 am

fwiw, I don't want to say the facebook stream was put together last minute, but the original plan was a YT upload.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:01 pm

Overall I liked the match. The main grief was the bad sound settings on the FB video, but I could deal with that.

There were two botches in the entire match so overall I think they did real well for themselves. Not a fantastic classic but not horrible either.

Will be interesting to see where this goes now

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:50 am

For what it was, the match was decent, botchy in places, but they worked very hard. I wish they had better chemistry, but Storm in his 50s showed more athleticism, risk-taking and heart than other men his age and even some younger veteran WWE/Impact talent. Like I said, the cordless mic was an issue, which may not have been a problem on YouTube, but it was no big deal. As for what's next? Who knows, although if this happens:

I'll be really excited.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:48 pm

Storm and the NWA are apparently getting a lot of booking requests after this, both for Storm as a talent and for promotions to host NWA title matches so it definitely generated some buzz.

If the NWA can work out deals to get to host the title matches on facebook or youtube we could have some nice travelling champ matches until they have a proper promotion set up

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:05 pm

Here is the match in youtube form

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:44 pm

A promotion using a few former TNA guys. Seems to be the guys Corgan is approaching to use for his new NWA to start with

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:50 pm

Tim's next defense is set. And it is vs Jocephus Brody. And boy howdy does he cut a promo.

I remember him from when Corgan helped run Resistance Pro. He's a good talent so this will be good.

Leafs451

Post by Leafs451 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7ezAUDM7-I&t=50s

He put up another promo and my god this man is intense. Never heard of him before today but he could teach a lot of the WWE roster about promos. The way he goes completely unhinged at the end is perfect.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:41 am

I love how he becomes more and more unhinged as the phone call moves along, and I love how he dropped in an Aldis reference, too.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:31 pm

The Dave Lagana episode of Wrestlenomics was great, best interview/podcast I have listened to in years, and the thing I took out most was him saying "Why do we need a roster?".

Have Tim Storm tour the US and pop up all over the place whilst Lagana films him on his phone. Let him wrestle whoever and if they get over, like Jocephus, keep him them in your back pocket as if/when they do go down the line of running their own show or building a roster. Ready made storylines and history.

Seriously, Indy promotions on YouTube are mostly shit. Look at how PROGRESS is one of the hottest promotions in the world yet their YouTube presence has been dwarfed by the NWA. And it's not like PROGRESS aren't trying...

Less than TEN videos in and they already have Tim Storm over, Nick Aldis has a sympathy and a genuine reason to have a rematch and this unknown Jocephus guy has cut fantastic promos on both of them. Imagine Storm going to CZW, Glory Pro, Beyond, Wresltecircus and having Lagana film Elgin, David Starr, Joey Janela and whoever else. Hell, get him on shows at Mania weekend and get on Janela's Springbreak. Have an NWA Title match on the undercard of the WWN Supershow or WrestleCon. Make some buzz.

So much potential to build on from what they have done on a relative shoestring budget. Probably the most exciting wrestling story going into 2018 so far.