WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
abrasiveobelisksa

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by abrasiveobelisksa » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:08 pm

So, in hindsight, when was the moment of the decline this year? Was it the Undertaker beating Brock Lesnar at SummerSlam, because the Raw the night after was the big drop?

wac

Post by wac » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:12 pm

AJ is a confirmed ratings draw, brothers

Planet

Post by Planet » Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Yikes. She excelled at the role she was given as on-screen talent because she's particularly charismatic regardless of gender. And even if she's not "acting how her employers want her to" you don't deal with that by having the biggest movie star on the planet berate her on live television while she can say nothing to defend herself.

wac

Post by wac » Wed Jan 27, 2016 12:21 am

Planet wrote:Yikes. She excelled at the role she was given as on-screen talent because she's particularly charismatic regardless of gender. And even if she's not "acting how her employers want her to" you don't deal with that by having the biggest movie star on the planet berate her on live television while she can say nothing to defend herself.
Yeah that idea is just completely insane.

ajdb

Post by ajdb » Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:52 am

Saw a report tonight that Tyler Breeze was "You can't wrestle" chants. That's just about it for Breeze in general. I feel real sorry for him.

wac

Post by wac » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:21 am

Interesting Smackdown spoiler:
► Show Spoiler

Planet

Post by Planet » Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:53 am

I have a feeling that there will be a house cleaning soon if the figures for Nakamura and Style's contracts are as substantial as they've been made out to be.

hygogg33

Post by hygogg33 » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:31 am

wac wrote:Interesting Smackdown spoiler:
► Show Spoiler
I think it makes perfect sense based on what happened in the Rumble and the person in question needing a showcase match. Don't really see it as an indictment like some online.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:51 am

Planet wrote:Lana gets heat for revealing she's engaged to Rusev but there's tons of content on the WWE Network that barely even pretends that wrestling isn't scripted. Dumbass draconian BS. And to note that Rusev is still in good graces makesit even clearer that she's easily targeted for being a woman.
Please stop running with this narrative. The women's locker room dislikes her too. At one stage the make up ladies were refusing to do her make up - check out her return to TV after the TMZ thing.

She's not the martyr you are claiming. Only tonight she was back on Rusev's social media posting stupid shit:

saviorofstrongstyle

Post by saviorofstrongstyle » Wed Jan 27, 2016 7:54 am

um, Rovert, I don't see people running around with some exaggerated martyr narrative. People are calling out this segment for being total fucking garbage, which it was.

rovert

Post by rovert » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:16 am

saviorofstrongstyle wrote:um, Rovert, I don't see people running around with some exaggerated martyr narrative. People are calling out this segment for being total fucking garbage, which it was.
I thought the same about the segment. Still Lana keeps digging the hole. She instadeleted this a few minutes ago:

They aren't targeting her because she a woman they are targeting her as she has a "legacy" of doing things that would get her heat.

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:32 pm

Sexism, lmao, so what? It's fucking pro-wrestling, all the PC police officers seriously need to calm down, have a drink and go out on fresh air every now and then.

Shining Wiz

Post by Shining Wiz » Wed Jan 27, 2016 8:39 pm

Chismo wrote:Sexism, lmao, so what? It's fucking pro-wrestling, all the PC police officers seriously need to calm down, have a drink and go out on fresh air every now and then.
You're totally right.

It's also stupid that black guys don't all have great headbutts anymore. Because their skulls are thicker, you know?

Should probably try having a muslim terrorist again.....make Sheamus an alcoholic fireman......rename Del Rio's finisher the fiery jalapeno taco loco....Nakamura should wear fake buck teeth and be named Kamikaze......Darren Young should bleach his hair, wear feather boas and get REALLY gay about everything.....Styles should be a homophobic religious dude.

I don't expect my wrestling to be high brow, but could we maybe expect them to be a step above a Republican presidential debate?

Chismo

Post by Chismo » Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:32 pm

Shining Wiz wrote:
Chismo wrote:Sexism, lmao, so what? It's fucking pro-wrestling, all the PC police officers seriously need to calm down, have a drink and go out on fresh air every now and then.
You're totally right.

It's also stupid that black guys don't all have great headbutts anymore. Because their skulls are thicker, you know?

Should probably try having a muslim terrorist again.....make Sheamus an alcoholic fireman......rename Del Rio's finisher the fiery jalapeno taco loco....Nakamura should wear fake buck teeth and be named Kamikaze......Darren Young should bleach his hair, wear feather boas and get REALLY gay about everything.....Styles should be a homophobic religious dude.

I don't expect my wrestling to be high brow, but could we maybe expect them to be a step above a Republican presidential debate?
Tbf, I'd take it over where we've been (more or less) since 2008:

Stevierichardsisgood

Post by Stevierichardsisgood » Thu Jan 28, 2016 1:09 am

AJ Styles is already a homophobic religious dude