WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Buzz Sawyer

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:37 pm

The Jericho/Styles match was very peculiar from the start. It seems like they either had A.J "hold back" a bit or Styles was nervous or Jericho was being a dick and wouldn't let him do stuff to make Styles shine. I'm going to go with the latter.
Who's Rob Viper ?

y2chae

Post by y2chae » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:49 pm

wac wrote:
BillThompson wrote:
wac wrote:Gotta have the company's biggest star sexually humiliate the woman with heat backstage, huh
What happened now?
Rock ran into Lana backstage and brought up that time he was on Raw with Lana and Rusev and mentioned how she came to his hotel room after and ran down a list of different sex positions they did as she had to stand there and fake smile while looking like she'd rather be anywhere else in the world. Then Rusev showed up behind Rock and Rock says "I thought you guys are broken up" and Lana says "Actually, we're engaged to be married." Real subtle stuff.

I also like Meltzer's line that the heat is entirely on Lana with no residual heat on Rusev, when he was the first guy out of the Rumble in a minute, had Rock cut a promo about how he banged his fiancée without doing anything in response, and got laid out with a double powerbomb through the announce table to close the show.
If Lana is a bad person backstage or whatever, then punish her accordingly. But in 2016, no reason to make these juvenile slut shaming jokes.

y2chae

Post by y2chae » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:52 pm

The Authority also make no sense as heels. They hate Ambrose and Reigns so much that they book them in a tag team match against a a team of "jobbers to the stars" that they win cleanly. Then they reward them with a chance to headline Mania. What?

It's a forced deus ex machina that doesn't work logically at all. Just get rid of this heel authority figure shit. If you want an authority figure to make matches or whatever, fine. But don't say The Authority hates Reigns and Ambrose, yet they have no problem giving them chances at the title.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:06 pm

y2chae wrote:If Lana is a bad person backstage or whatever, then punish her accordingly. But in 2016, no reason to make these juvenile slut shaming jokes.
WWE isn't actually JUST calling a woman a slut for the sake of it. All the on screen sex stuff is WWE's go to with Lana as it is an inside rib on her as she talks about sex all the time backstage inappropriately to everyone who will listen. Like her favourite topic. People want her to knock it off. Obviously casual or even ardent WWE fans don't know this as it has never been reported. And even if they did it is silly awful and non-productive.

http://www.sescoops.com/lana-ribbed-on- ... th-ziggler

But she her own worst enemy and the heat has died down several times since her TMZ thing but she can't be find ways to put herself back in the doghouse.

wac

Post by wac » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:14 pm

Remember when The Rock defended his promos fat shaming Vickie Guerrero by saying they were friends in real life and she didn't take it personally, and then it came out that her daughter later had to leave the company because she was struggling with an eating disorder

y2chae

Post by y2chae » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:32 pm

rovert wrote:
y2chae wrote:If Lana is a bad person backstage or whatever, then punish her accordingly. But in 2016, no reason to make these juvenile slut shaming jokes.
WWE isn't actually JUST calling a woman a slut for the sake of it. All the on screen sex stuff is WWE's go to with Lana as it is an inside rib on her as she talks about sex all the time backstage inappropriately to everyone who will listen. Like her favourite topic. People want her to knock it off. Obviously casual or even ardent WWE fans don't know this as it has never been reported. And even if they did it is silly awful and non-productive.

But she her own worst enemy and the heat has died down several times since her TMZ thing but she can't be find ways to put herself back in the doghouse.
Well how many people watching Raw know that? Less than 1%?

So at face value it appears to be a guy give a chick a hard time for having sex. On a program that they market towards kids.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:33 pm

On an unrelated note. WWE's new Road Trip show was a pretty fun watch (if you completely ignore Ziggler and Miz's boring contrived conversation and just focus on the New Day). Honestly I feel like they should just replace everyone elses and make it just about the New Day on the road. I'd pay money for that.

y2chae

Post by y2chae » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:37 pm

Also I don't know how much I put stock in this "Lana talks about sex all the time backstage"

The only confirmed heat on Lana is from revealing her engagement and Rusev are engaged and this twitter beef with Paige.

The engagement reveal thing generating heat I've always found stupid. WWE likes to make non televised things kayfabe when it suits them and vice versa. Is Triple H's twitter always him being the character he is on TV? No. Hell, you have all the behind the scenes stuff for charity work they show during Raw where you have heel characters being nice to kids and soldiers. I don't have an issue with that, but then you can't act like Lana broke a cardinal sin by tweeting about a real life engagement on social media and acting like it ruined a storyline no one cared about to begin with.

Maybe it was all an excuse to punish her because she's not a likable person backstage or something. Still, it's dumb.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:55 pm

y2chae wrote:Also I don't know how much I put stock in this "Lana talks about sex all the time backstage".
I broke a lot of details of the Lana/TMZ stuff on this very forum. Daily to weekly updates. Stuff Meltzer took months to get fully correct.

The "slut shaming" IS the go to material for the reasons I gave.

Angry216

Post by Angry216 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:09 pm

rovert wrote:

Still man that isn't called for. But it is what it is.

Besides, like you said, she's her own worst enemy. History says she will do something or say something that will make the hole she's dug for herself deeper. Plus, I guarantee she won't be with the company by the end of this year. Either they will fire her or she will quit because the heat she's created for herself, will become to unbearable for her to deal with.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:18 pm

Angry216 wrote: Plus, I guarantee she won't be with the company by the end of this year. Either they will fire her or she will quit because the heat she's created for herself, will become to unbearable for her to deal with.
She is part of a litany of WWE film projects and related stuff like that coming out this year so I don't think they will release her.

Planet

Post by Planet » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:10 pm

Lana gets heat for revealing she's engaged to Rusev but there's tons of content on the WWE Network that barely even pretends that wrestling isn't scripted. Dumbass draconian BS. And to note that Rusev is still in good graces makesit even clearer that she's easily targeted for being a woman.

Superdeformed

Post by Superdeformed » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:30 pm

I can't wait for Camp WWE.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:55 pm

Planet wrote:Lana gets heat for revealing she's engaged to Rusev but there's tons of content on the WWE Network that barely even pretends that wrestling isn't scripted. Dumbass draconian BS. And to note that Rusev is still in good graces makesit even clearer that she's easily targeted for being a woman.
How much of it relates to current storylines?

Quite frankly, she is only as important as she is because she is a woman, an extremely attractive woman at that. Her star grew based on how much people liked her look and is falling because she is not acting how her employers want her to.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:45 pm

The Fray Movement wrote:Raw was back over four million viewers last night, brothers. HHH is a proven ratings draw and a worldwide leader in Sports Entertainment.

All hail.
Whoops: