WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
rovert

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by rovert » Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:48 pm

ODonnell wrote:Becky is on a upward swing right now, and I'm already dreading the Ric Flair distraction finish that will cost Becky the title at the Rumble.

This is the first storyline of the "divas revolution" that has some substance and is getting over with the fans, if they just do the dumb babyface gets distracted finish again I think it could just end Becky's momentum all together. Hopefully they realize this and give Becky the title. At this point, I'll take a Charlotte pinning Becky clean finish over Becky looking like a dumbass and it costing her the match. God forbid they give a rising babyface the title though.
The Divas division doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but often it can be the most interesting/quirky. Especially currently. There's a strong case that Charlotte should be the heel Champion that holds it until Wrestlemania. But it would be a shame for Becky to potentially move out of the title picture after the Royal Rumble as she is catching fire currently. Also feel bad for Becky as when Charlotte is asked who she wants to wrestle at Wrestlemania Charlotte says Sasha or Bayley - Becky is never mentioned.

What the Wrestlemania Divas match will be will be interesting to follow. I was never really fully sold that they have been "saving" Sasha for strong push in the Spring. Total Divas is back so cast members of that show will likely be featured more strongly on TV and in the title picture. Personally I can't imagine a Wrestlemania card without (a healthy) Nikki and/or Paige on it.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:23 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
rollup wrote:what's with all the the non finishes on smackdown ?
It's SmackDown? :|

This SHOULD be a more important show since it's on USA now but it appears nothing has changed which is truly disappointing.
Commentary is good at least

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:15 pm

rovert wrote:The Divas division doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but often it can be the most interesting/quirky. Especially currently. There's a strong case that Charlotte should be the heel Champion that holds it until Wrestlemania. But it would be a shame for Becky to potentially move out of the title picture after the Royal Rumble as she is catching fire currently. Also feel bad for Becky as when Charlotte is asked who she wants to wrestle at Wrestlemania Charlotte says Sasha or Bayley - Becky is never mentioned.

What the Wrestlemania Divas match will be will be interesting to follow. I was never really fully sold that they have been "saving" Sasha for strong push in the Spring. Total Divas is back so cast members of that show will likely be featured more strongly on TV and in the title picture. Personally I can't imagine a Wrestlemania card without (a healthy) Nikki and/or Paige on it.
I miss the days of Vince saying "no Total Divas cast member can hold the title." Of course Nikki was good, but for storylines to be timed to coincide with the show is insane.

I think Cheap Heat was discussing the likelihood of two divas matches on Mania. Although unlikely, something along the lines of Charlotte vs Sasha, and Paige/Becky vs the Bellas. The latter is a mirror image of last year's match with Becky instead of AJ, but at least it won't be like Mania 30 and just have all the divas in one big cluster fuck.

In WWE's mind, Paige/Nikki/Sasha/Charlotte have to be on the show. Nikki/Paige are their Total Divas Stars, and Sasha/Charlotte are their Divas Revolutions stars for Steph to take credit for. Unfortunately I don't think Becky is at that "must be on the show" level yet, but other than having a fatal four way, I can't see them leaving any of those 4 off, which could open the door for two matches.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:20 pm

TGD287 wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
supersonic wrote:YES YES YES YES YES YES

Tremendous. One off or will this go somewhere?
Part of me thinks that what Owens said was true, and he just wanted to be at the venue again, so they turned it into a cool surprise. Now, I don't think he's booked anywhere for Friday, so I could see them having a special bonus match in Green Bay tonight, perhaps as a way to get a final push for the one place that isn't sold out.
It's entirely possible it's a one off either to give Owens a chance to come to the venue or for NXT to promote their live events on the "anyone can show up/anything can happen vibe.

It is also possible that this can be used to build up an Owens/Sami match on NXT or the main roster.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:30 am

rollup

Post by rollup » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:23 am

it's good to have Owen come back to tie up any loose ends to his feud with sami ...

Derek Drago

Post by Derek Drago » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:53 am

rovert wrote:
ODonnell wrote:Becky is on a upward swing right now, and I'm already dreading the Ric Flair distraction finish that will cost Becky the title at the Rumble.

This is the first storyline of the "divas revolution" that has some substance and is getting over with the fans, if they just do the dumb babyface gets distracted finish again I think it could just end Becky's momentum all together. Hopefully they realize this and give Becky the title. At this point, I'll take a Charlotte pinning Becky clean finish over Becky looking like a dumbass and it costing her the match. God forbid they give a rising babyface the title though.
The Divas division doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things but often it can be the most interesting/quirky. Especially currently. There's a strong case that Charlotte should be the heel Champion that holds it until Wrestlemania. But it would be a shame for Becky to potentially move out of the title picture after the Royal Rumble as she is catching fire currently. Also feel bad for Becky as when Charlotte is asked who she wants to wrestle at Wrestlemania Charlotte says Sasha or Bayley - Becky is never mentioned.

Without knowing when Sasha is coming back...don't you kind of have to pull the trigger on Becky at the Rumble? Or Fast Lane if they're going to drag it out. The story calls for it. Becky is getting pretty fucking over and there's not much left for Charlotte to do right now unless she's going to turn face again. There's no face divas. Nobody knows when Nikki is coming back either, so who would Charlotte even feud with next? BAD/BELLA heels. Doesn't work. You'd have to turn someone face or do a multi woman match at WM which I'm sure is the most likely option just to get as many girls on the card as possible.

Also, Charlotte also said when it comes to the main roster and who she wants to wrestle at WM, she said Sasha and Nattie. So that's 3 she prefers over Becky. Very weird considering how close they are and how Becky is basically her rock on the road.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:14 pm

Charlotte and Becky never had a big NXT match together though, so maybe it's just a comfort thing, where Charlotte already knows she can have a great match with Sasha or Natalya.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:54 pm

Derek Drago wrote: Without knowing when Sasha is coming back...don't you kind of have to pull the trigger on Becky at the Rumble? Or Fast Lane if they're going to drag it out. The story calls for it. Becky is getting pretty fucking over and there's not much left for Charlotte to do right now unless she's going to turn face again. There's no face divas. Nobody knows when Nikki is coming back either, so who would Charlotte even feud with next? BAD/BELLA heels. Doesn't work. You'd have to turn someone face or do a multi woman match at WM which I'm sure is the most likely option just to get as many girls on the card as possible.
Paige has been medically cleared and may return to action as soon as tonight. On Live Events at least before Paige's mild concussion the match on every line up was Becky vs Charlotte vs Paige.

Paige might be added to the feud post-Royal Rumble.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:16 pm

Today in New Delhi, a WM32 main event preview:

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:21 pm

Not really. It is a spectacle match you would do in India.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:26 pm

I've hammered it down on the Board, I'm gonna educate all of you here as well. That main event will be truly best for business, define that everything is BIGGER in Texas, and draw the legit indoor attendance record that the company craves so badly come April 3 in Arlington.

You are correct that is indeed a spectacle. One worthy of the most prized match slot in the history of the entire business. Two legendary giants going at it in front of 100,000+, with one of them after 20 years in the company finally getting his elusive WM main event.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:27 pm

Leave gimmick posts like that to F4W please.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:24 am

People need to calm down on Jericho, I thought it was pretty apparent he was turning heel at the Rumble and feuding with Ambrose for Mania. This face stuff is a temporary thing