Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:23 pm
mlev76 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:43 pm
BoxingRobes wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:40 pm
Seth Rollins is "a good hand."

There. I said it.

Prove me wrong.
He can put on good matches consistently and works very well in tag matches.

His promos have improved tremendously since his indie days and can certainly get the crowd to react to his catchphrases.

He's an exception tag team wrestler.

But as "the guy", he doesn't work. He doesn't have the it factor, not even comparable to Roman. He's a more talented, less annoying version of Dolph Ziggler.
I've definitely liked Rollins more as a tag guy than a singles guy.

As a top babyface, dude just doesn't cut it.
Raw is pretty barren when it comes to high end faces, at least male ones. Rollins, Braun, Ricochet, Rey and Miz are basically all you have. Which means if you eliminate Rollins from the equation, you need to either finally pull the trigger on Braun (who has always had crap matches with Lesnar), elevate Ricochet (can't see that happening in the short term), run with Miz (could be an intriguing match/feud) or try to squeeze one last run up top for Rey (I don't think they'd want to risk it).

So, given that, they can turn some of the heels face, import some SDL talent or pick someone from NXT and build him up to be the next big star. And quite honestly, all things being equal, I'd get Riddle up on RAW ASAP and build to him vs. Lesnar.

mlev76

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:55 am

One of the best RAWs of the three hour era tonight. If people came back from last week who had stopped watching, they got a damn fine show. Gauntlet match, Tag title match and the show ending angle were all great. Made me want to see next week's show just to see what comes next-which is the point afterall.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:36 pm

Can we please finally admit that Kofi is a weak champ with mediocre bell to bell?

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:32 pm

It'd be cool if they treat "The Fiend" like they treat Balor's "Demon" and only appears in action on PPVs. If Wyatt does any TV matches he should just be his "Mr. Rogers" character, and slowly start to snap leading up to his PPV matches. That pattern may get overdone fast, but I think it'd be cool!

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:25 pm

I'm still thinking about how WWE managed to walk into Summerslam with Seth as a lame ass challenger who was resoundingly booed in a backstage video, and yet somehow got the title win reaction they've been trying to give to Roman Reigns for nearly 5 years now.

ThommyGunn

Post by ThommyGunn » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:03 pm

Wiretaup wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:25 pm
I'm still thinking about how WWE managed to walk into Summerslam with Seth as a lame ass challenger who was resoundingly booed in a backstage video, and yet somehow got the title win reaction they've been trying to give to Roman Reigns for nearly 5 years now.
I think it's simply because they had a no BS kick ass match at the exact right moment in front of the exact right crowd. They portrayed Rollins like a bad mf'er who beat Lesnar straight up. That was the cleanest non-Goldberg or Taker loss in the history of Lesnar's career and the shit worked.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:01 pm

After last night, it seems odd to say, but Takeover was probably the weakest of the four shows in Toronto. Summerslam was a lot of fun even if the only notable thing was the main event and the best match was Trish/Charlotte. Both Raw and SDLive were super eventful and there were several very good matches (Cedric/Drew, Roman/Buddy, Charlotte/Ember). They've already lined up a bunch of stuff for next week and pretty much have a good path to Clash of Champions.

Ne

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:20 pm

So, so far, we have the following people advancing in KOTR:

Samoa Joe
Cedric Alexander
Andrade
Elias

Give the brackets, I assume the other winners will be Ricochet, Corbin, Ali and Gable. The Smackdown side of things is a little fuzzier since it's not totally clear if any of the four are considered heels, but my guess is Ali and Gable will get the nod. I'm also a little uncertain on Ricochet/McIntyre both considering Joe's recent shift to a bit of a tweener and my assumption that McIntyre is considered a favorite.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:43 am

mlev76 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:20 pm
So, so far, we have the following people advancing in KOTR:

Samoa Joe
Cedric Alexander
Andrade
Elias

Give the brackets, I assume the other winners will be Ricochet, Corbin, Ali and Gable. The Smackdown side of things is a little fuzzier since it's not totally clear if any of the four are considered heels, but my guess is Ali and Gable will get the nod. I'm also a little uncertain on Ricochet/McIntyre both considering Joe's recent shift to a bit of a tweener and my assumption that McIntyre is considered a favorite.
Fun first round and now we get:

Joe vs. Riccochet
Alexander vs. Corbin
Elias vs. Ali
Andrade vs. Gable

Part of me is hoping they buck what I presume is the favored Raw matchup and give us Ricochet/Alexander, but I expect Corbin to win. Ali/Andrade seems like a solid bet for the Smackdown side of things.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:56 am

The triple threat was a dumb idea and i wish they would have just given one of the guys the win. With that said, provided Gable beats Elias (and god help them if he doesn't), I would be perfectly fine with a final with a final with any of the three guys. Corbin has had a better tournament than I expected and if his match with Alexander is any indication, he would probably match up well with Gable.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:12 pm

https://www.wwe.com/shows/royalrumble/a ... l-packages

So, the two events included are the Rumble on Sunday and "Worlds Collide" on Saturday at the Toyota Center. No Takeover or Raw or Smackdown mentioned.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:14 pm

Serious question--would including Raw & Smackdown in that deal make it more or less enticing? I understand getting your money's worth, and if one is a diehard, they're a diehard...but holy crap, if WC and the Rumble are both even decent, you're invested in those two shows...and then you've got enough energy left by Raw the next night to walk to concessions for a hot dog during the piss break match, and maybe raise your arms up a couple of times for, say, a Ricochet match.

Kinda sad WWE isn't completing the Crash Bandicoot upgrading scheme and calling these packages Platinum/Gold/Sapphire, respectively.

LeeJM713

Re: WWE (Discussion)

Post by LeeJM713 » Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 am

https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2019/ ... edictions/

Clash of Champions preview by Jeff Hawkins and myself. Is there anything you agree/disagree withus about?
What match on the show are you most looking forward to?
What match on the show are you least looking forward to?
Do you think this will be a good show overall?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:12 pm

LeeJM713 wrote:
Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:20 am
https://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2019/ ... edictions/

Clash of Champions preview by Jeff Hawkins and myself. Is there anything you agree/disagree withus about?
What match on the show are you most looking forward to?
What match on the show are you least looking forward to?
Do you think this will be a good show overall?
Overall, I think your analysis is pretty good. The two exceptions are the analysis of the Roman/Bryan/Rowan story and Orton/Kofi. I think the former started poorly and has progressively gotten better once they moved away from the stupid stunts. As for the latter, I think the Kofi reign hasn't been quite the disaster others do. His stuff has been enjoyable, but I do agree with the point made on the Flagship about him not elevating himself enough.

Most looking forward to: Becky/Banks.
Least looking forward to: MizNakamura

Yes, I do believe this will be a good show.

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:28 pm

So what are people making of The Fiend at this point? Everything around him is so well-produced but the character is starting to fall flat for me. The Funhouse Bray segments have been fun, but we really don't ever see that Bray in arena. The Fiend is just his default for basically zero reason or explanation. He just attacks some random person who can never get revenge aside from I guess Finn and Seth, so there are like 0 stakes to anything he does.

Now, he's going after Seth and he is starting to feel like just some crazy guy who does the mandible claw. The character would be far more interesting if he had this Funhouse persona and switched between that and The Fiend. There would be an actual character with something interesting behind him. I can see this guy being completely boring by Mania when he presumably gets destroyed by Demon Balor.