WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
thecubsfan

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by thecubsfan » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:22 pm

NXT is going to get so raided (again) after Takeover. If not sooner.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 9:13 pm

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:34 pm

I thought Extreme Rulezzz was pretty good until the main events.

Undertaker/Roman Reigns v. Shane McMahon/Drew McIntyre - if I said this match was over four stars, would anyone believe me? idk, but I thought it was. Work was really good and The Undertaker looked incredible all things considered.

Revival v. Usos - a good, acceptable TV match.

Aleister Black v. Cesaro - So...is Aleister Black a heel? I don't know...but I thought this was a solid ***1/2 type match. At times hard hitting and some very good strike exchanges. The finish flash KO was one of the better ones I've seen from Black.

Bayley v. Nikki Cross - trash.

Braun Strowman v. Bobby Lashley - are they ever going to legitimately rocket pack Strowman? He hasn't reached geek levels yet, but its time to give him more to do. I thought this was some three star fun.

Bryan/Rowan v. New Day v. Heavy Machinery - I thought this was four stars. Everyone looked great.

Ricochet v. AJ Styles - I liked it...better than a gentleman's three. It was a bit long and slow.

Kevin Owens v. Dolph Ziggler - time for Dolph to go back to doing stand up, I guess.

Kofi Kingston v. Samoa Joe - trash.

Seth/Becky v. Corbin/Sassy Southern Belle - trash.

Brock MitB cash-in ... about time and hopefully is a symbolic changing of the guard to a Heyman run RAW. Seth wasn't working at all. Becky isn't either...but thats a story for another day. Ronda Rousey can't come back soon enough. Brock Lesnar is a great champion. I don't want to see the champ every week and he is one of the few big ticket players in the WWE system. With Brock as the champ, a focus on AJ Styles and the CLUB week to week could be some good TV. idk, but whatever they have been doing has stunk so something other than Seth is a good thing.

As for Smackdown...giving New Day all the belts extends the Kofi shelf life for a little while longer, but its time to build up someone to take the title off of him. I'd build up Reigns to beat Kofi at SummerSlam and give Kofi his gold watch and move him back down the card. I'm one of the higher guys on Kofi's ascent to the top and his title reign...but its time to move on. Its time to give your top guys belts and let'em run with them into the new Fox/USA era.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:58 pm

Overall, Extreme Rules was one of the most consistent and good shows WWE main roster has put out this year. The WWE Title match was really my only disappointment as they either have no chemistry together or one or both took the night off. I've seen Joe put out stinkers in big spots before, so I'm more inclined to blame him than Kofi.

The main event was better than it had any right to be and the ending and cash in worked for me. I've seen some question why Rollins didn't just run away or why he was so prone to defeat and I think the fact that he was emotionally/psychologically broken as opposed to the typical physical mess a person is in pre-MITB cash in was lost on some.

As far as Summerslam goes, I'm ok with Brock/Seth as they've never gotten a chance to do a full on match. Their two previous matches logged a total of about 11 minutes combined, so if they can get a decent amount of time (but not too much), I feel like they can deliver. Brock is generally better with smaller guys than with the big ones.

Natalya/Becky does nothing for me at all and I can only imagine this is a setup for some Ronda involvement. If not, then I'm completely perplexed as to why they went with her.

Bayley/Moon could definitely deliver something pretty damn good. Moon hasn't gotten much opportunity to shine this year, so I'm sure she'll be ready to prove herself.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:11 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:58 pm
Overall, Extreme Rules was one of the most consistent and good shows WWE main roster has put out this year. The WWE Title match was really my only disappointment as they either have no chemistry together or one or both took the night off. I've seen Joe put out stinkers in big spots before, so I'm more inclined to blame him than Kofi.

The main event was better than it had any right to be and the ending and cash in worked for me. I've seen some question why Rollins didn't just run away or why he was so prone to defeat and I think the fact that he was emotionally/psychologically broken as opposed to the typical physical mess a person is in pre-MITB cash in was lost on some.

As far as Summerslam goes, I'm ok with Brock/Seth as they've never gotten a chance to do a full on match. Their two previous matches logged a total of about 11 minutes combined, so if they can get a decent amount of time (but not too much), I feel like they can deliver. Brock is generally better with smaller guys than with the big ones.

Natalya/Becky does nothing for me at all and I can only imagine this is a setup for some Ronda involvement. If not, then I'm completely perplexed as to why they went with her.

Bayley/Moon could definitely deliver something pretty damn good. Moon hasn't gotten much opportunity to shine this year, so I'm sure she'll be ready to prove herself.
I wouldn't expect that match to get much more than 11 minutes tbh. Going to be another Brock Smash...Seth hope spot...before getting throttled again. I don't mind that Brock formula, but methinks Seth is getting downcycled...it'll be a good match if you dig the Brock style.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 1:57 am

BoxingRobes wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:11 pm
mlev76 wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:58 pm

I wouldn't expect that match to get much more than 11 minutes tbh. Going to be another Brock Smash...Seth hope spot...before getting throttled again. I don't mind that Brock formula, but methinks Seth is getting downcycled...it'll be a good match if you dig the Brock style.
It's probably main eventing, so I'd imagine it gets at least 15. And really, you don't need much more than that to get a good Brock style match. Agree that this will probably be Rollins swan song with the Universal title at least for the foreseeable future.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:29 pm

WWE trademarked "shorty g". Could this be Liv Morgan's new gimmick? I find Liv to be a total charming babe, who's solid enough in ring. I'm excited.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Jul 22, 2019 4:22 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Jul 22, 2019 11:19 pm

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:40 pm

Sid pulling out of the show just shows that no one in WWE has ever listened to John Thorne's podcast or spoken to EC3. It's actually more entertaining that he was advertised and didn't show than whatever he would have actually done.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:40 pm

Seth Rollins is "a good hand."

There. I said it.

Prove me wrong.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:43 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:40 pm

There. I said it.

Prove me wrong.
He can put on good matches consistently and works very well in tag matches.

His promos have improved tremendously since his indie days and can certainly get the crowd to react to his catchphrases.

He's an exception tag team wrestler.

But as "the guy", he doesn't work. He doesn't have the it factor, not even comparable to Roman. He's a more talented, less annoying version of Dolph Ziggler.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:31 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:40 pm
Sid pulling out of the show just shows that no one in WWE has ever listened to John Thorne's podcast or spoken to EC3. It's actually more entertaining that he was advertised and didn't show than whatever he would have actually done.
From everything I've seen and heard he pulled out days earlier and WWE continued to advertise him as being there.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:19 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 1:31 pm
mlev76 wrote:
Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:40 pm
From everything I've seen and heard he pulled out days earlier and WWE continued to advertise him as being there.
The whole thing was weird. He was listed in the list of superstars, but never as a main attraction. Never spoke of by any of the announcers and never mentioned being cancelled.

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:23 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:43 pm
BoxingRobes wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:40 pm

There. I said it.

Prove me wrong.
He can put on good matches consistently and works very well in tag matches.

His promos have improved tremendously since his indie days and can certainly get the crowd to react to his catchphrases.

He's an exception tag team wrestler.

But as "the guy", he doesn't work. He doesn't have the it factor, not even comparable to Roman. He's a more talented, less annoying version of Dolph Ziggler.
I've definitely liked Rollins more as a tag guy than a singles guy.

As a top babyface, dude just doesn't cut it.