Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by supersonic » Fri May 31, 2019 5:26 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri May 31, 2019 8:18 pm

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 5:15 am

Going off twitter this show has wrapped up the worst show of the year right?

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat Jun 08, 2019 6:48 pm

Moxley interviews opened up the floodgates...doesn't seem like WWE creatively is being treated with kid gloves any longer and their work practices are being taken to task. Would expect this fire to get a lot hotter as we get closer to that FOX deal and as AEW on TV gets closer.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:31 pm

Stomping Grounds.

I won't touch upon the overall show, really. First half was solid. Second half was putrid.

But the end of that show...Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch together was laughably awkward. You know damn well the goal was to have them actually kiss on live TV. You can just hear Vince McMahon in the back..."KISS DAMNIT...KIIIIIIISS!" It came off so forced and awkward. Becky was no selling Seth for 10 minutes before the show went off the air. I thought it was cringy hilarious.

steve

Post by steve » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:03 am

Hard to work out who Rollins is working for at the moment. His "best wrestler in the world" imploded all over Twitter. The doubling down was extraordinary, given that it must have been approved by WWE. Granted, WWE must know a lot more about marketing than I do, but I'd have thought if you were the clear market leader the last think you want to do is to use your market reach to put eyeballs on a competitor; especially if you make yourself look kind of stupid in that process. And the truly amazing thing, Ospreay doesn't have a good track record at being good at Twitter, to get beaten by him in the ring is one thing, out smarted in less than 140 characters is taking a real L.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:27 pm

steve wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:03 am
Hard to work out who Rollins is working for at the moment. His "best wrestler in the world" imploded all over Twitter. The doubling down was extraordinary, given that it must have been approved by WWE. Granted, WWE must know a lot more about marketing than I do, but I'd have thought if you were the clear market leader the last think you want to do is to use your market reach to put eyeballs on a competitor; especially if you make yourself look kind of stupid in that process. And the truly amazing thing, Ospreay doesn't have a good track record at being good at Twitter, to get beaten by him in the ring is one thing, out smarted in less than 140 characters is taking a real L.
To think Ospreay won that exchange...

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:55 pm

Ospreay won in the eyes of the gallery he's playing to. I'm sure Rollins won to his gallery.

This is what wrestling and wrestling fandom is now.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 4:16 pm

cbacon87 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:55 pm
Ospreay won in the eyes of the gallery he's playing to. I'm sure Rollins won to his gallery.

This is what wrestling and wrestling fandom is now.
Sadly accurate. Twitter victories and burns matter more than enjoyment to some.

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Tue Jun 25, 2019 6:10 pm

Seth is now coming out and roasting Moxley for what he has said on podcasts after leaving WWE. Rollins is being an absolute bellend at the minute. I'm not quite sure what has spurred on these tweets and comments. Saying things like he loves Moxley for what they've done together but that he took his ball and went home? Like, I know Rollins is not that great of a person, but he's behaving very weird.

Maybe Vince and them are thinking this is good for WWE, but all their champion is doing is coming off as very insecure.

steve

Post by steve » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:09 pm

I'm thinking he may have hired a PR consultant on his last trip to Jeddah. But seriously he can't be doing this without the implicit approval / instigation of WWE management, I guess they think they are taking the fight to everyone else, but I don't really get it.

Oddest part of that interview for me is that Rollins castigates Moxley for taking his ball elsewhere, lack of gratitude, leaping on a soapbox and complaining etc. and then goes on to say:
"You need to take the first step, and that's looking in the mirror and asking yourself did you do every single thing you possibly could to make yourself and your situation what you want it to be, and if the answer is yes you did, then you can go elsewhere and complain."
And that seems to be exactly what Moxley said he did in WWE that he approached creative and Vince with ideas, but they were not listened to. So, whether Rollins means to or not he ends up saying that Moxley was right to go elsewhere and to complain.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:42 am

BoxingRobes wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:31 pm
Stomping Grounds.

I won't touch upon the overall show, really. First half was solid. Second half was putrid.

But the end of that show...Seth Rollins and Becky Lynch together was laughably awkward. You know damn well the goal was to have them actually kiss on live TV. You can just hear Vince McMahon in the back..."KISS DAMNIT...KIIIIIIISS!" It came off so forced and awkward. Becky was no selling Seth for 10 minutes before the show went off the air. I thought it was cringy hilarious.
I really can't see how you can say anything but the main event was putrid. The cage match was a bit slow, but had a good finish. Drew vs. Roman was the best match the two have had and was good overall.

As for the main event, two major problems. One, Baron Corbin is not a main event level talent. Even his comparables in terms of size (Kane, Big Show) had an aura that made their general in ring shittiness less noticeable. Corbin has none of that.

Second, the whole Lacey fucks over Seth angle was better suited for a tv angle, not a PPV main event (even if this was a low end show). As it was, it came across poorly. I happen to think she's better than most do, but having her here really brought down what was already a tough match to get over.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:27 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:42 am
BoxingRobes wrote:
Stomping Grounds.

The cage match was a bit slow, but had a good finish.
That's one way to put it.

It was one of the slowest most boring big time WWE matches I've seen in some time. Dolph really going out of his way to get some Triple H backpats on his way back through the curtain.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:28 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 3:27 pm
mlev76 wrote:
Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:42 am
BoxingRobes wrote:
Stomping Grounds.

The cage match was a bit slow, but had a good finish.
That's one way to put it.

It was one of the slowest most boring big time WWE matches I've seen in some time. Dolph really going out of his way to get some Triple H backpats on his way back through the curtain.
The WWE cage match formula really needs to be retired. They have Hell in a Cell which serves the purpose that regular cage matches used to serve and it leaves normal cage matches with not much oomph. The fact that Dolph/Kofi feels like a match that's occurred a million times didn't help.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:48 pm

This seems big