supersonic

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by supersonic » Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:07 am

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:25 am

Underrated Vince trope...

When he finally puts the hot act over...immediately has them start working with jobbers in a subversive attempt to say "see, I told you, they aren't that hot"...

CM Punk feuding with Kevin Nash.
Daniel Bryan feuding with Kane.
Dolph Ziggler post MitB feuding with Jack Swagger.
Becky feuding with Lacey Evans...nice way to cool down a hot, hard hitting women's division.
Kofi Kingston gonna face the ULTIMATE TEST...Jinder Mahal in his first feud.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Raw did pretty well in the shakeup, getting all the good NXT callups plus adding the VIKING EXPERIENCE and some other top level talent from SDL. I have a feeling Roman and probably 1-2 of the anti-shield crew are flipping brands ahead of going to Fox.

On a separate note, you should definitely seek out the Harper vs. Dominik Dijakovic match from Worlds Collide. Gave it 4 flat and hopefully their performance opened some eyes on the main roster and in NXT.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:59 pm

The Viking Experience is the absolute most Vince thing ever. Everything about it. Everything.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:47 pm

THE VIKING EXPERIENCE

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:15 pm

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:29 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:40 pm
On a separate note, you should definitely seek out the Harper vs. Dominik Dijakovic match from Worlds Collide. Gave it 4 flat and hopefully their performance opened some eyes on the main roster and in NXT.
I guess I shouldn't praise people less they ask for or be granted their release.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:39 pm

The When Worlds Collide II: NXT vs. NXT Alumni event was pretty good. Much better than anything I've ever seen from Axxxxxess. Crowd wasn't as bad as you'd think. They were generally engaged in what was going on.

Kassius Ohno v. Aiden English. Nothing special, but probably the best Aiden English singles match I've ever seen for whatever that is worth. Kassius Ohno could really use a re-packaging.

Luke Harper v. Dominick Dijak. This was really good. IF you called it four star fare, I would not be opposed. Would have been a really strong TV match on any show under the WWE umbrella. If this Luke Harper ends up in AEW, I'm all about seeing the next step of his career.

Undisputed Dragon v. Sanity. Sanity has been criminally underused on the main roster. I think the whole group are at worst good, solid, veteran hands that should have been used to put over plenty of people, teams, units. Time for Red Dragon to be belted up proper in NXT after the VIKING EXPERIENCE is now a full fledged RAW act (RIP btw). With that said...this was meh. Neither team was really into this. They were just there so they don't get fined. Crowd died about half way through this.

Roderick Strong v. Tyler Breeze. This was good. I have no idea why Tyler Breeze gets ~30 minutes of TV time on the main roster per year. He's a good little pro wrestler. Perfect good, solid, veteran hand that would be much better off than just putting over the potato salad back in catering.

Nice lil no stakes event. Watch Harper v. Dijak and you could probably punt the rest. Or just keep it on in the background and see if the Breeze-Strong match catches you late.

SuperplexlariatBW

Post by SuperplexlariatBW » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:35 am

supersonic wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 7:15 pm
As if there are tons of shows on cable drawing 17 million right now. Or as if any other promotion can draw better even though outside of sports and news channels there's not a whole lot of shows on cable drawing in the 2-3 million range or higher.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:12 am

Well.... Smackdown got the short end of the stick in the Shake Up....

... and apparently Asuka hasn't been on Smackdown for the last year+.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Apr 18, 2019 6:20 am

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu Apr 18, 2019 11:15 am

John The Drummer wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:12 am
Well.... Smackdown got the short end of the stick in the Shake Up....

... and apparently Asuka hasn't been on Smackdown for the last year+.
If you're going to give two Japanese women with questionable presentable English skills to Paige as a tag team...I am not sure why you don't just bring up Io Shirai. She'll figure out the quirks of WWE ring work.

Their booking of Asuka borders on weird. They protect her enough to put her on a singles run at any time, but they've really turned what was a killer into a bit of a puppy. She's going to summoning her inner Taguchi all year with all the ass attacks she's going to be throwing with this team. Going to be watching lots of Katie Forbes tapes to get creative with those ass attacks.