WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by supersonic » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:37 pm

Ranallo has removed WWE from his Twitter bio.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:54 am

Padje wrote:Calling it a superstar shake-up leaves a door open for The Draft to happen in a few months time. They only seem to want to move a few key people anyway.

(I also believe they don't know what they're doing)
There's probably one big move that they want to happen, and then why not pop a rating while we're at it. Everything else they'll have to make up to support those two things.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:42 pm

Meltzer:
Ranallo deleted all references to being a WWE announcer on his Twitter account. As of right now, he is under contract to WWE through 8/12.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Sun Apr 09, 2017 3:17 am

I mean it's WWE who loses out here. Their mismanagement cost them a great talent. Maybe their PR black eye heals quick and it's not like Mauro was a "draw" per se, but I think he gave them real value while he was around.

Not worried about Mauro. He'll land on his feet.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Someone with an off-screen position shares a mutual friend with me. Mutual friend got in contact with his WWE connection.

To paraphrase, my mutual friend got confirmation that Layfield is a piece of shit. He will miss Ranallo's contributions in the commentary booth.

Considering Layfield's clout, I don't think anyone would wonder why I'm not providing any hints as to where I got this confirmation. Last thing I will do is give that cunt any ammunition to crush a colleague's lifelong dream.

maggot

Post by maggot » Sun Apr 09, 2017 5:57 pm

That's a great scoop, supersonic.

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Mon Apr 10, 2017 5:03 am

I don't deny that there's a bad backstage culture in WWE and that JBL has a 2 decade track record of activity, but I start to think coverage of this story is bullshit when Meltzer claims this stuff obnly happens in WWE. I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but when I hear something like this I start to think this is note than worrying about Mauro's well being and people being bullied in WWE and its more about other companies and their agendas.

So Dave is not going to talk about stories from the dojo in New Japan and other places. Like there's never anything people want to keep quiet about for New Japan? Like what was the full story on Cody Hall's injury, what were the full extent of his injuries, why was everything so quiet about him for a year and why is he in his comeback working for Noah instead of New Japan.

Also, didn't somebody get booted out of ROH late last year as a result of bullying?

This stuff about how WWE only hate the Observer and no other company reacts this way sounds so ludicrous. First off, ofcourse there's not going to be any negativity about the Observer from the New Japan side. Secondly, Dave actually says there's nothing from TNA. So did I imagine all this Observer trashing from TNA employees for the past few years every time Dave had a negative story about the company's status? Did I also imagine the TNA twitter campaign of TNA employees mocking the weekly bad morale reports?

Also if Dave and his followers are so against bullying then maybe they should do something about some of the threads that people start on their message board or allow to be posted. I mean things like the TNA mecca thread, mocking the state of Jim Neidhart in an interview from last weekend, how Chris Hero is fat, etc.

Like I said, I don't deny any of these WWE and JBL are legit, but I don't buy that there's nothing else happening elsewhere. I think it's pro wrestling/sports entertainment as a whole.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:06 pm

Bullying, Hazing, etc. has been a big time story around the world of real sports...but only when the top company gets exposed will you see the trickle down stories about how deep the culture runs. You can't even really broach what happens in NJPW or some bullshit Indie until you go at the WWE...because otherwise...who cares?

Bill DeMott already got fired for some terrible shit...no matter how teflon JBL is backstage, an expose on him would have him packing his bags, too.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:36 pm

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:56 pm

Uhaacrewz wrote:I don't deny that there's a bad backstage culture in WWE and that JBL has a 2 decade track record of activity, but I start to think coverage of this story is bullshit when Meltzer claims this stuff obnly happens in WWE. I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but when I hear something like this I start to think this is note than worrying about Mauro's well being and people being bullied in WWE and its more about other companies and their agendas.

So Dave is not going to talk about stories from the dojo in New Japan and other places. Like there's never anything people want to keep quiet about for New Japan? Like what was the full story on Cody Hall's injury, what were the full extent of his injuries, why was everything so quiet about him for a year and why is he in his comeback working for Noah instead of New Japan.

Also, didn't somebody get booted out of ROH late last year as a result of bullying?

This stuff about how WWE only hate the Observer and no other company reacts this way sounds so ludicrous. First off, ofcourse there's not going to be any negativity about the Observer from the New Japan side. Secondly, Dave actually says there's nothing from TNA. So did I imagine all this Observer trashing from TNA employees for the past few years every time Dave had a negative story about the company's status? Did I also imagine the TNA twitter campaign of TNA employees mocking the weekly bad morale reports?

Also if Dave and his followers are so against bullying then maybe they should do something about some of the threads that people start on their message board or allow to be posted. I mean things like the TNA mecca thread, mocking the state of Jim Neidhart in an interview from last weekend, how Chris Hero is fat, etc.

Like I said, I don't deny any of these WWE and JBL are legit, but I don't buy that there's nothing else happening elsewhere. I think it's pro wrestling/sports entertainment as a whole.
How this topic is being brought up to me is as much of an issue as the underlying issue itself. Said my piece on other threads, but I completely agree with this assessment.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:39 pm

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:41 am

After seeing what RAW has gotten in the SHAKE UP...I am pretty excited for what could possibly be going to Smackdown. Smackdown could be very very good.

Owens
Maybe Zayn
Maybe Rusev/Lana
Maybe the Club...Maybe New Day
Maybe some SIN CARA

Charlotte
Maybe Emma...maybe the ICONIC broads

Smackdown gonna get an influx of workers and the guys that left aren't exactly talents I care to watch on a weekly episodic format.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Tue Apr 11, 2017 4:52 am

I'm hearing some people crowing about SDL losing out, but it seems like they made out good in this trade so far. Who did they lose, really?

They kept Styles, barring an angle, and their only big losses were Miz, and Bliss & James out of an already-thin women's roster. And there's good odds that they'll still end up favorable on both of those losses.

I've always been a supporter of Ambrose, but he's been dead on Smackdown recently and my interest in him has hit an all-time low. That trade's good for everyone.

Like robes says, if Smackdown ends up with Owens, Zayn, a solid tag team and Charlotte/Emma, that's a great haul for the brand. Especially in the latter categories, because that women's division needs heels. And the tag needs anyone.

Only black mark: Orton/Bray in a House of Horrors match?! Let's hope it at least provides some non-cringey novelty. Or hell, some really shitty novelty even.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:18 am

A top of the card of AJ, Nakamura...with SDL finally airing in Japan this is pretty important...Owens, Orton with a part timer in Cena versus BIG DOG, Rollins, Ambrose, Bray, Finn Balor...I kind of like Smackdown over two hours versus the latter with three, especially if we focus on the in-ring product. Balor is oddly directionless on RAW, unless you count that odd Bray interaction...maybe he gets moved too. That'd be a lot of stock in Japanese draws on Smackdown, so idk.

I think there is nothing but win with the women on Smackdown, too. Bliss and Mickie for Charlotte, maybe Emma and ICONIC? Couple them with Becky, Natty and part time Thikki? Again, big win if you like wrestling.

Would love to see The Club on Smackdown if the goal is to do AJ/Club...would like to see New Day potentially get some fresh matchups...would like to see Cesaro/Sheamus for selfish reasons. Either way, I think the tag team division could use a little boost here.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 11, 2017 12:26 pm

New Day and Revival to SDL, perfectly setting up the latter for a hometown manager return in Louisville next week.