WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:26 pm

RobViper13 wrote:Make-a-Wish usually means the kid specifically requests things. Goldberg's kid really comes off as not giving a fuck about any of this. He's just humoring his dad who seems WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more into all this than he plays off in interviews where he claims he's just doing this for his kid who looks bored to tears and looked at the title last night like "oh... cool... a toy belt... please don't make me take my shirt off again dad".
Kid looks like a dork.

How is Goldberg's kid a chubster? Makes no damn sense.

JTGrasby

Post by JTGrasby » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:00 am

BoxingRobes wrote:
RobViper13 wrote:Make-a-Wish usually means the kid specifically requests things. Goldberg's kid really comes off as not giving a fuck about any of this. He's just humoring his dad who seems WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more into all this than he plays off in interviews where he claims he's just doing this for his kid who looks bored to tears and looked at the title last night like "oh... cool... a toy belt... please don't make me take my shirt off again dad".
Kid looks like a dork.

... he's a kid. You expect him to have abs of steel?

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:33 am

JTGrasby wrote:
BoxingRobes wrote:
Kid looks like a dork.

... he's a kid. You expect him to have abs of steel?
http://bfy.tw/ATbp

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 10, 2017 7:18 am

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:40 pm

supersonic wrote:
Is it a weekly TV taping or are they just doing two live specials?

themib

Post by themib » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:46 pm

Not sure what the plan is. The Knight family aren't happy and claimed on their local radio station that the WWE are specifically targeting them by running in their venue.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:46 am

Meltzer:
Some more on the WWE taping television on 5/6 and 5/7 in Norwich, England at Epic Studios. This will be a taping for the WWE's new U.K. television show. It's not clear if this will air on the network or on Sky, or somewhere else, but the idea was not for it to be a network show originally as it's meant to get the jump on ITV running its weekly show, which is not official, but probable. It is the same studio that the WAW promotion in the U.K. tapes out of, which is Paige's family. However, they are furious for WWE going there feeling it's their taping studio. It will be set up for 900 seats both days. This is obviously a late thing because the U.K. talent had been booked on WWE house shows those days and now they've been pulled. This will be a combination of the wrestlers under contract in the U.K. and several of the WWE cruiserweights who would be booked on 5/8 and 5/9 for Raw and Smackdown but weren't booked on the house shows in the U.K., so they were already coming, but headed in two days earlier. Taping that week makes sense, the production crew comes in without a separate trip, announcers already in, and non U.K. based talent was already coming in.

Mootio

Post by Mootio » Sun Mar 12, 2017 11:32 am

I don't understand why the Knight Family are pissed off. WWE are bringing a bunch of a wrestling fans into an area you run regularly, play your cards right and it's good exposure for their promotion to an audience that likely doesn't even know they exist.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:11 pm

Mootio wrote:I don't understand why the Knight Family are pissed off. WWE are bringing a bunch of a wrestling fans into an area you run regularly, play your cards right and it's good exposure for their promotion to an audience that likely doesn't even know they exist.
Because it is "their" town and "their" venue in their heads or something like that.

Seems like they think they are big enough names to see this like Vince moving into a WCW terf back in the days.

At least that is the vibes I am getting from this.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:13 am

You always have to be worried about WWE taking over the venue full time as the exclusive wrestling company. I would think that's the primary reason they're concerned.
Last edited by TGD287 on Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Mootio wrote:I don't understand why the Knight Family are pissed off. WWE are bringing a bunch of a wrestling fans into an area you run regularly, play your cards right and it's good exposure for their promotion to an audience that likely doesn't even know they exist.
the descendants of Verne Gagne, Bill Watts and any number of regional/territorial promotions from the 1980s might be able to answer that question.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:07 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:44 pm

Meltzer:
It is confirmed that Rusev had shoulder surgery last week. There were rumors going around and we were only told he'd be out of action for a while, but WWE officials confirmed it was shoulder surgery. Cedric Alexander is also out of action with a right knee injury. Pro Wrestling Sheet first reported the Alexander news.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:22 am

Observer:
A lot of times people talk about how there’s no long-term planning but the WrestleMania 34 main event for April 8, 2018, which obviously could change, is set for Lesnar vs. Reigns for the Universal title.
.Right now the plan is for Nakamura to debut on the main roster very shortly. I’m not sure what date it will be, but the likely scenario is he loses to Bobby Roode at Takeover and starts immediately after, with Raw after WrestleMania being a good bet. There are others who may be brought up as well. Asuka is likely not one of them because the posters for the U.K. tour are built around Roode, Asuka, Kassius Ohno, Dillinger, Aleister Black and Sanity [Note: every indivudal listing for this summer's UK tour has Nakamura currently advertised]
There has been a lot of talk around wrestling over the past few weeks that Jim Cornette will be the one to induct the Rock & Roll Express into the WWE Hall of Fame on 3/31. Some will be surprised about Cornette being at a WWE function, but I’m not in the least as he wasn’t going to turn down being part of honoring the team. Neither the WWE nor Cornette would confirm or deny the story
WWE announced a show called “United Kingdom Championship Live,” which will actually be taped, with the tapings taking place on 5/6 and 5/7 at Epic Studios in Norwich, England, a 900-seat building. The timing of the shows work well for WWE, since they are touring the U.K. at the time, meaning the entire crew is there and will be doing television on 5/8 and 5/9 from the O2 Arena in London. So taping at that time saves a lot of money, particularly since the plans for the tapings are to use both the U.K. talent under contract like champion Tyler Bate, Trent Seven, Pete Dunne, Mark Andrews, Wolfgang, Tyson T-Bone, Sam Gradwell, James Drake, Joseph Conners, Dan Moloney and Saxon Huxley, as well as WWE cruiserweight talent like Rich Swann, Akira Tozawa, T.J. Perkins, Brian Kendrick and Tony Nese. All of those wrestlers were being brought in for television, but may not have had other house show work as it’s most likely that the Raw crew tour will include Neville vs. Austin Aries title matches, so they wouldn’t be available for these tapings.

At this point, nothing has been said as to where the shows would air. WWE was looking at local television for a weekly U.K. series as opposed to it being on the WWE Network, since the idea is to create stars off television and run house shows off it.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:41 pm

Everyone's freaking out about another year of trying to get Roman over as the face of the company, and I'm over here thinking how much easier they made it to drop the network if the RAW brand is going to be built around (occasional) Lesnar title defenses for the next year. Neither guy has benefited from running in place for two years but Lesnar big footing over the entire roster hit it's expiration date a while back.