WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
TGD287

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by TGD287 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:26 pm

I have to imagine it's show to show, as all the shows are now full of talents that still take Indie bookings. Wonder how long that'll last.

DXvsNWO

Post by DXvsNWO » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:54 pm

The Undertaker is making his first WWE appearance since WrestleMania at the SmackDown Live Taping in my hometown a few weeks from now:

http://citizensvoice.com/the-undertaker ... -1.2112310

Seems very random, but apparently it's the 900th Episode of SmackDown, so you would think he'd be appearing on TV in some form...

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:57 am

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:16 am

Good if that move got pulled. The match is supposed to be a grudge feud conclusion in a violent gimmick match, not some aerial spectacle.

JML

Post by JML » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:22 am

The amount of hyperbole in that clip calling Charlotte the greatest women's wrestler of all time is just ... ooof. I'm not going there.

I agree that the moonsault wasn't needed. I watched it last night again for the third time and it's still great. I'm probably one of the few on this board that thinks that way but i don't give a shit. That match was great and it didn't need a crazy moonsault spot as the powerbomb through the table was enough.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:16 am

Charlotte is very good but any "all time" talk should be in terms of women in WWE only.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:13 am

Observer:
Stephanie McMahon signed a new three-year talent contract on 10/7 for $500,000, which would be paid based on the contract in weekly checks for $9,615.38. That is in addition to her executive contract.

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:47 pm

ayaashm wrote:Charlotte is very good but any "all time" talk should be in terms of women in WWE only.
Image Best of all time

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:13 pm

Mootio wrote:Is the problem with the Cruiserweights not just that they don't stand out presentation-wise? They are about the same size as Seth Rollins and AJ Styles and barring an extra rotation on their springboard flippy-do, they have no real superior athletic ability to flirt. Most of WWE's main events now are high work rate sprints with lots of near falls. Is that not exactly the same style of match that the Cruiserweights are going to offer, only with more high spots?

Naturally, the comparison to WCW is unavoidable. Because when you have Hogan vs. Piper doing their thing in the main event, you can bring on the Cruiserweights to offer the sharp, strong alternative week in, week out. By virtue of assocation, they stand out. But today is a different landscape and I think the divide between the Cruiserweight matches and the main event matches is too narrow for a Cruiser division to ever excel in its current format. It may one day be as good as NJPW's Junior division can be, with storytelling between excellent workers taking centre stage. I think that's their aim right now, to not present it as an alternative but instead try to get the division over by virtue of the participants' merits.
This is all true and a really good point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:29 pm

Jeff Hawkins wrote:
ayaashm wrote:Charlotte is very good but any "all time" talk should be in terms of women in WWE only.
Image Best of all time

Jesus fucking Christ. That was so bad and that was all on Charlotte. Jeeez.
Lanza is a geek.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:37 pm

Jeff Hawkins wrote:
Image Best of all time
Was in the building for that show. I honestly thought Sasha broke her neck at first, our whole section gasped.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:47 pm

I saw it live but somehow I think I saw it at a different angle than this. It looks so much worse from this angle especially how carelessly Charlotte drops her.
Lanza is a geek.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Thu Nov 03, 2016 3:55 pm

The busted open guys are massive marks for anything Charlotte/Matt Hardy related, since they're friends with Ric and Matt, even went to Matt's wedding.

Not worth discussing, although it is refreshing to tune in once and a while since they get some good guests and it's nice to hear upbeat wrestling talk every now and then

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uhaacrewz

Post by Uhaacrewz » Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:01 pm

Grammarian wrote:Has it been reported anywhere what kind of deal Kenny and Mikey are working under? I would have assumed just a per-date basis. WWE did add them to their roster page, which is traditionally only for people with deals. Perhaps Kenny and Mikey got deals similar to Curt Hawkins and Jinder Mahal. Reportedly those types of deals weren't for very much and most turned them down.
On Monday it was announced that they were taking bookings through Bill Behrens so I guess they're being signed at this point.

MobbVanDam

Post by MobbVanDam » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:02 pm

ODonnell wrote:The busted open guys are massive marks
They thought the Lesnar/Orton finish was a shoot. they are the absolute worst