WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
powerfulmgp

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by powerfulmgp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:37 pm

Brock and Paul are just collecting their money. Neither of them really give a fuck at this point and I can't say I blame them.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:39 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:
ODonnell wrote:And then a terrible women's contract signing segment in which Foley was the angry old man just randomly yelling, and Paul Herman trying to get the crowd to chant Goldberg IN BROCK LESNARS HOMETOWN.

Vince is so fucking lost...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Foley's promo was awesome and delivered big. Also instead of Jericho trying to find his list, he needs to find the person who stole his chest. He needs to put a shirt on.

It made literally no sense. If you want to see an accurate use of the "Foley warns wrestler X about the dangers of the cell", go watch his promo with Dean a few years back. THAT was awesome and served a purpose.

He literally just yelled at them and made it about himself, when HE'S the one that put them in the match in the first place. I didn't even have that big of a problem with his first set of yelling, but when each girl said their piece and he goes "YOU SHOULDN'T BE. YOU SHOULDN'T BE" it was so god damn awkward and terrible.

guilleroach

Post by guilleroach » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:50 pm

my recipe to watch raw yesterday:
watch owens and jericho segments, cw match, strowman segment, heyman.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:57 pm

Foley needs to go home. He's embarrassing himself out there. The constant social media flubs aren't doing him any favors either.

GuestTimekeeper

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:31 pm

I'll inject something positive about Raw here. They've done a really good job with Braun Strowman so far. As long as he doesn't squash Sami in 3 minutes at HIAC, this will have been a good build and program.

Of course, they have no main event faces for him to fight, but whatever. Normally a guy like Strowman is built up just to be fed to Cena. Now, I don't know.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:38 pm

GuestTimekeeper wrote:I'll inject something positive about Raw here. They've done a really good job with Braun Strowman so far. As long as he doesn't squash Sami in 3 minutes at HIAC, this will have been a good build and program.

Of course, they have no main event faces for him to fight, but whatever. Normally a guy like Strowman is built up just to be fed to Cena. Now, I don't know.
it's roman

GuestTimekeeper

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:58 pm

Logically that's the only answer, but I really really hope that's not the case. Are they going to waste a potential monster heel on a midcard belt?

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:04 pm

Hawkins made two great points on shake them ropes last week, which resonated a ton with tonight's raw. There is too much camp in the WWE product and the focus on branding and "approved phrases" is getting out of control. The main event feud is centered around what amounts to Jericho's woopie cushion.

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:37 pm

K. Hare wrote:
GuestTimekeeper wrote:I'll inject something positive about Raw here. They've done a really good job with Braun Strowman so far. As long as he doesn't squash Sami in 3 minutes at HIAC, this will have been a good build and program.

it's roman
That match is going to suck. But hey they are only going to sacrifice Sami Zayn a potential top babyface to not get over Roman Reigns one single bit to do it.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:37 pm

This James Elsworth angle is going to be the end of me watching Smackdown. My lord.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:45 pm

powerfulmgp wrote:This James Elsworth angle is going to be the end of me watching Smackdown. My lord.

You're in the minority on this one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:48 pm

powerfulmgp wrote:This James Elsworth angle is going to be the end of me watching Smackdown. My lord.
I'm loving it which is sad in of itself that THIS is the story of a babyface they can tell and make work.

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:50 pm

ODonnell wrote:

You're in the minority on this one

I'm getting that impression. Over the past three months, they've done a great overall job with Smackdown. This angle would be fine on the undercard, because that's where the comedy underdog can be effective and make money. Doing it in the main event over and over, much less with your World Champion, defines the entire show down as nothing. It's not what i'm looking for in wrestling and it's frustrating to see it on what has been a solid wrestling show.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:10 pm

The ellsworth stuff is so lame for me. It completely devalues the title and the sense of competition in the company.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Oct 26, 2016 10:30 pm

I think the Ellsworth thing works. Not to argue with anyone's taste.

It's a story about Ambrose fucking over Styles and psyching him out. Then last night they closed the loop in a satisfying way by Ambrose bringing Ellsworth in again but having it blow up in his face right when it was going to lead him to the title shot.

I thought Ellsworth desperately looking for a friend, finding one, then accidentally losing his only friend by standing up for himself was a really good mini-story. When Ellsworth hit the kick he, Ambrose, and Mike Chioda all gave it the right time and sold the moment perfectly.

I guess the idea is that now the feud is pushed for now so that one or both of Ambrose or Styles can compete in the Survivor Series match? Or maybe it's just making time to fill their extra-long TV time until SS.

Either way I think it's been really well done. Not feud of the year, but a well told, well performed story.