WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by supersonic » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:14 am

Milwaukee hosting Fast Lane 2017 on March 5.

JML

Post by JML » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:59 am

ODonnell wrote:
monster mafia wrote:imagine...just imagine.

If you listen to the latest Bauer and Pollock, Court doesn't think it's too far fetched.

Court said if you think AJ is going home to photoshop a picture with HBK out of the blue and the WWE isn't behind this you're crazy. Whether Shawn does it or not, Court says the full court pressure from WWE is on, and it's possibly why they feel ok with Goldberg/Lesnar at Survivor Series since they know they have AJ/HBK for the Rumble

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basically confirms my assumptions from back in April/May that Vince sees AJ as his new HBK.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:09 am

Kalisto returned last night:

DETROIT_KEJB

Post by DETROIT_KEJB » Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:14 pm

Looks hefty.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Kalisto looks like he should be in a grimey Mexican Indie doing mat work over some 19 year old with that physique.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:44 am

My god...Raw....

I LOVED Enzo and Cass having the crowd do their intro. Love seeing them succeed so much even without a massive push yet. And the New Day tag was good with a great finish, and Jericho is just on another level.

BUT MY GOD that Bayley/Dana segment died a death, we have to watch Golden Truth/Shining Stars while Joe/Nakamura/Roode etc sit in NXT.

Raw is seriously starting to kill me, and I'm a more positive fan than most

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:55 am

And then a terrible women's contract signing segment in which Foley was the angry old man just randomly yelling, and Paul Herman trying to get the crowd to chant Goldberg IN BROCK LESNARS HOMETOWN.

Vince is so fucking lost...

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:14 am

raw is a waste of time...

wwe too.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:22 am

Its amazing how the machine that is WWE just grinds people up if they don't fit their idea of a star or the guy they want to push. I hate it especially because everyone basically said they were going to fuck up Bayley and ruin her and I played the wait & see game and got burned hard. WWE has Kevin Steen wrestling Tyler Black as a program and no one gives a shit and its amazing.

I really want to see how Raw is written and then compare it to Smackdown to see what truly separates how one show can be so banal with the talent they got while one can be good with the "lack" of talent they got.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:27 am

achillesforever6 wrote:Its amazing how the machine that is WWE just grinds people up if they don't fit their idea of a star or the guy they want to push. I hate it especially because everyone basically said they were going to fuck up Bayley and ruin her and I played the wait & see game and got burned hard. WWE has Kevin Steen wrestling Tyler Black as a program and no one gives a shit and its amazing.

I really want to see how Raw is written and then compare it to Smackdown to see what truly separates how one show can be so banal with the talent they got while one can be good with the "lack" of talent they got.

Or if there is a "philosophical" difference between Smackdown in RAW from production, what in the hell is the formula that RAW is working on? Smackdown has a kind of thesis to it - simple booking with clear builds, like the NXT formula.

What is the RAW approach to things as they see it? What vision are they executing? Because the booking just feels the the repetition of old habits and behaviors that have no foundation in the present.

Headliner5

Post by Headliner5 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:57 am

RAW was in Minneapolis tonight and I could have gone but I'm so glad I didn't waste the money. The show was absolutely dreadful, I don't understand how you can only have five minutes of entertaining TV in the span of over three hours. It's like they throw crap at the walls to see what sticks but everything falls on the ground only for them to say screw it and do the show as written anyway. Or Creative will actually write a decent show but we wouldn't know because Vince steps in and changes everything like the insane old man he is.

I swear I need a break from WWE and this may be the time, but I'm actually interested in the Sasha vs. Charlotte match so there's that although that segment was absolutely awful tonight.

ayaashm

Post by ayaashm » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:10 am

Somebody tell me how did we go from, 'BAWH GAWD HE'S KILLED HIM, HE'S KILLED HIM'.
To, 'THAT HAS COST PEOPLE WEEKS OF THEIR CAREERS'.
Lanza is a geek.
Twitter : https://twitter.com/drunkonchai/

Superkix

Post by Superkix » Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:26 am

Watching Heyman trying to goad people into chanting Goldberg (with Lesnar smiling on) and then awkwardly ending the segment was funny/sad.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:57 pm

ODonnell wrote:And then a terrible women's contract signing segment in which Foley was the angry old man just randomly yelling, and Paul Herman trying to get the crowd to chant Goldberg IN BROCK LESNARS HOMETOWN.

Vince is so fucking lost...

Foley's promo was awesome and delivered big. Also instead of Jericho trying to find his list, he needs to find the person who stole his chest. He needs to put a shirt on.
Who's Rob Viper ?

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:36 pm

Headliner5 wrote:RAW was in Minneapolis tonight and I could have gone but I'm so glad I didn't waste the money. The show was absolutely dreadful, I don't understand how you can only have five minutes of entertaining TV in the span of over three hours. It's like they throw crap at the walls to see what sticks but everything falls on the ground only for them to say screw it and do the show as written anyway. Or Creative will actually write a decent show but we wouldn't know because Vince steps in and changes everything like the insane old man he is.

I swear I need a break from WWE and this may be the time, but I'm actually interested in the Sasha vs. Charlotte match so there's that although that segment was absolutely awful tonight.
I gave up on going to WWE TV tapings after the first three hour Raw I attended in Miami. It's an insufferable night.

House shows and PPV's are a different story. I still attend as many of those as I can.