WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
kcstlchi

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by kcstlchi » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:56 am

Amazing stuff. Years of being shit on just fueled the most intense promo you'll see in 2016 wwe

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:06 am

kcstlchi wrote:Amazing stuff. Years of being shit on just fueled the most intense promo you'll see in 2016 wwe
Hugh has never given a promo like that.
twitter me @ItsGrammarian

ajdb

Post by ajdb » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:13 am

I mean...Miz...holy shit. That was AWESOME! Where was this a decade ago?

SmackDown was great. Thank the lord Dolph didn't pin Styles. While I happy Carmella turned I fear very much Nikki is winning the Women's title now and Becky will be cast aside again. I'd much rather see Becky & Alexa feud over the belt than Nikki & Carmella, but I'm sure Big Match John left Nikki's booking with someone in the back. Tag tourney is pretty fun. Really great seeing Rhyno gives a shit about Slater's 3 or 5 kids.
As I sat through a really bad RAW last night, I couldn't wait for SmackDown tonight and it DELIVERED!

JML

Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by JML » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:22 am

Reading the previous posts made me pause watching Stranger Things and go to the Network to watch it.

My lord. Give Miz the Jay Lethal push with his IC Title run. Hell of a promo. That show felt organic as hell. I guarantee you that all that show had was talking points and no scripts.

Bryan saying he saw Ambrose in those CZW matches and telling Miz that he was what a soft WWE wrestler would be made me chuckle.
Last edited by JML on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:24 am

Just reminds you have great the dichotomy and feud was between both those men and baffles why they never gave them short programs once a year to keep them both hot. I give you a hot take and say Bryan-Miz is a more meaningful feud than Owens-Zayn and that Miz is a better heel than Owens.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:11 am

ajdb wrote:I mean...Miz...holy shit. That was AWESOME! Where was this a decade ago?

SmackDown was great. Thank the lord Dolph didn't pin Styles. While I happy Carmella turned I fear very much Nikki is winning the Women's title now and Becky will be cast aside again. I'd much rather see Becky & Alexa feud over the belt than Nikki & Carmella, but I'm sure Big Match John left Nikki's booking with someone in the back. Tag tourney is pretty fun. Really great seeing Rhyno gives a shit about Slater's 3 or 5 kids.
As I sat through a really bad RAW last night, I couldn't wait for SmackDown tonight and it DELIVERED!
Miz has always been low key great as a character. His in-ring work is hit or miss, but as a character, his story and arc is A+. Especially when you incorporate the backstage nonsense when he first showed up by the veterans.

He might be putting in the best work of his career right now. Dude is peaking.

cian68

Post by cian68 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:14 pm

BoxingRobes wrote: Especially when you incorporate the backstage nonsense when he first showed up by the veterans.
Which has been incorporated in to TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKU_k9mcZsc

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:43 pm

That Miz promo was absolutely amazing. Probably the best promo on WWE TV since the Punk promo. The only problem I have with it is that it builds to a match that is not going to happen.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

ronpeppers

Post by ronpeppers » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:17 pm

ajdb wrote:Really great seeing Rhyno gives a shit about Slater's 3 or 5 kids.
That really came from leftfield which probably helped it work in the moment but if that's the final outcome of this Heath Slater story it'll be a tragic waste. Tbh its a shame they're already making Darren Young Great Again, that same story would have worked beautifully with Slater/Rhyno.

maggot

Post by maggot » Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:58 pm

I'm loving this brand split to be honest. It's forced the company to spice things up in terms of presentation and set design. Raw is still a true, immense slog to get through, it's true. But that doesn't mean the brand split is fundamentally a bad idea, it's that three hour length that's killing it. Look at Smackdown's roster. It's pretty darn thin. But there's a competency to the booking and most importantly, it's VERY well paced. Every match last night was better than the previous one.

I would like the brand centric PPV's to have more of a NXT vibe, where there's less matches and more time given, not necessarily running a three hour length either. I mean christ, this might have to happen just out of sheer necessity. Are Smackdown going to be consistently able to fill a seven match card every month?

The Miz is the best heel in the WWE and the best promo. He is not cool, he doesn't make gags that get the crowd on side (Jericho, Steen), he is smarmy, dislikeable and gets heat and is also incredibly confident with the mic.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Aug 25, 2016 5:02 am

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:58 pm

Does people REALLY believe NXT was watched more than WWE's 2nd biggest marquee show of the year? I mean come on can we just use a little common sense here.

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:59 pm

Morten VH wrote:Does people REALLY believe NXT was watched more than WWE's 2nd biggest marquee show of the year? I mean come on can we just use a little common sense here.
SummerSlam is #3 behind Rumble now.

also, 2 hour program for a hot product is much more appointment television vs. a 6 hour event where most everything will be explained the next two nights.

I had a few friends who watched NXT and wanted to wait to see what was worth watching on SS

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:13 pm

If SummerSlam is behind the Rumble now i really don't think we should put any value in that list whatsoever. Let's use our common sense here.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:07 am

Wellness bombs nothing more than murmurs?