WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:36 pm

ODonnell wrote:
y2chae wrote:As for why Ambrose vs Ziggler was underwhelming I think there was a combination of factors. The crowd was starting to get tired, Ambrose the character has connected with the WWE fanbase but his offense and moveset hasn't. Aside from Dirty Deeds there's nothing in his arsenal that he does that the crowd really cares about. The build up to the match was great but I guess when it came down to it, fans couldn't get behind Ziggler either because he's been weakly booked over the past couple years and he wasn't seen as a credible champion.
Agreed on Amrbose/Ziggler being hurt by Ambrose's moveset. When I said earlier that AJ gets even better up close, Ambrose's wacky offense looks even worse up close. People were audibly groaning at some of his stuff, despite genuinely liking the guy.

It was also hurt that Ziggler just lost a feud to Corbin, and now he's going for a title. You can beat people and build them back up, but you can't skip the build back up phase. It just doesn't work.
WWE used to really nail the "light a fire under the guy" storytelling. You could have a guy lose a feud then in a few months rehab him back to a top-tier level and be ready to go. I'm not sure they can anymore and Dolph is evidence of that. After so many years of having it beat out of them why in the world would anyone actually care about Dolph? Likewise, nobody in the world thought Dolph had a prayer so the match was more of a formality than anything to really get behind.

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:50 pm

Part of me wishes Brock had been in the Universal title match and they did the part-time champion gimmick again on Raw for a bit while Smackdown had a full-time champion.

maggot

Post by maggot » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Are Kevin Owens and Chris Jericho effective heels?

rovert

Post by rovert » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:35 pm

Waiting for Wellnessgeddon to happen before I comment on the booking of Summerslam. But it certainly didn't add juice to single brand PPV era.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:53 pm

I'm handwaving face Ambrose. He's gotta go. Turn heel, please.

themib

Post by themib » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:44 pm

Dudz are hinting retirement on RAW tonight, I smell a breakup angle.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 7:51 pm

Where does Ziggler go from here?

Where does Rollins go from here?

both were pretty soundly defeated.

Is Brock capable of having 20 min main event style matches like he did with Angle back in the day? I enjoy the uniqueness of his suplex/ground and pound style but it would be nice to see him switch it up.

I enjoy when the women go for super reckless spots. Adds an element of danger. as always I am on team #consentingadults eff the wrestling nanny state.

JB Gremlin

Post by JB Gremlin » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:06 pm

I think Balor and Rollins would have gone down ALOT better had the crowd been interested from the get go rather than preoccupied with shitting on the belt. With the crowd being so distracted, under normal circumstances, you change your plan and do some chain for a bit but of course WWE needed THE DEMON KING on the PPV and thus you can't have him just wrestle round for 5 minutes while the crowd entertain themselves because it kills the idea of the character dead before it's even begun. So the first five minutes were a strange mix of a crowd who probably wanted to be interested being at best ambivalent about what should have been a good to great wrestling match. It was still good by the end, although I HATED the double stomp into a triangle spot, it looked messy and made no sense whatsoever. I hope they rematch next month with a crowd who haven't had to sit through 5 or 6 hours of wrestling previous and don't really mind about the look of a belt because I'm sure they can have a very good match.

AJ and Cena I will have to watch again, I didn't get the instant classic vibe that some have been touting. I didn't think it was a patch on the NXT tag match but I'll certainly give it another go, it was late here in the UK after all!

LK3185

Post by LK3185 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:49 pm

I don't understand how WWE thought letting Brock elbow Orton at the top of his head wouldn't cause excessive blood... UFC doesn't even allowed pointed elbow shots for that reason. You put that in the main event and that's the risk you take? Really dumb move by WWE

themib

Post by themib » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:45 pm

Really bad break for Finn Bálor it looks like - he got a shoulder injury last night, and WWE think it might be a torn labrum, which would be many months out at least. Would be a massive shot to their booking.

JML

Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by JML » Mon Aug 22, 2016 9:58 pm

He's done all that but people still say Rollins is the best worker in the company. This sucks because Balor looked like the number one full timer in WWE less than 24 hours ago.

EDIT:

I'm also not liking Inokisim coming into WWE.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:27 pm

Gillberg should have made the save last night :(

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:17 pm

Welp. Finn is out.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:17 pm

Welp, Balor dropped the title. Only positive I could see coming from this is elevating someone not named Seth to the title (KO, Cesaro) or Samoa Joe

Also, I understand the normal folks on Twitter doing the whole cryptic "big news is coming OMG" shit when in reality only a few probably know, but when reporters start doing that shit it's laughable

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:29 pm

ODonnell wrote:Welp, Balor dropped the title. Only positive I could see coming from this is elevating someone not named Seth to the title (KO, Cesaro) or Samoa Joe

Also, I understand the normal folks on Twitter doing the whole cryptic "big news is coming OMG" shit when in reality only a few probably know, but when reporters start doing that shit it's laughable
Which is why they are probably putting the belt back on Roman