WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by mlev76 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:11 am

JML wrote:
mlev76 wrote:So, I wrote that I thought he'd be back but never posted my post.

And now, this:

Seeing this makes me think (and I'm purely speculating) that Del Rio didn't get popped for PEDs and he took something with Paige on their leisure. Again, I'm purely speculating.

Pretty petty of WWE to suspend both of them on Paige's birthday.
I've seen this complaint and agreed with those who said it really doesn't matter.

But...look at the tweet again. The suspension begins tomorrow. Her birthday is today.

So, they didn't suspend her on her birthday.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:16 am

Paige's suspension went down last week not this week and had nothing to do with attending the MMA event either. ADR's maybe too.

There's no conspiracy. They were simply caught and punished.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:57 am

Ok, so it's effective tomorrow.

Why was it announced today?

kcstlchi

Re: RE: Re: Official WWE Thread: Post-WrestleMania 32

Post by kcstlchi » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:01 am

TGD287 wrote:Ok, so it's effective tomorrow.

Why was it announced today?
So it didn't get brought up on the conference call

Edit: Just realized you probably meant why not wait until tomorrow. I don't know but is a birthday really some sacred day not to be messed with? She's an adult.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:57 am

You're right that in the grand scheme it's not a big deal to announce it on her birthday. But, I don't ever rcall a public wellness suspension announcement listing the suspension to begin at a later date. It's always been effective immediately or perhaps effective an earlier date.,although correct me if I'm wrong. l actually see it like someone losing in their hometown: a petty attempt to go ha ha at someone with something that the party doesn't even care about. It's just an eye roll scenario to me at the company, a company that just can't help themselves, but the talents ultimately screwed up so whatever.

JML

Post by JML » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:14 am

TGD287 wrote:You're right that in the grand scheme it's not a big deal to announce it on her birthday. But, I don't ever rcall a public wellness suspension announcement listing the suspension to begin at a later date. It's always been effective immediately or perhaps effective an earlier date.,although correct me if I'm wrong. l actually see it like someone losing in their hometown: a petty attempt to go ha ha at someone with something that the party doesn't even care about. It's just an eye roll scenario to me at the company, a company that just can't help themselves, but the talents ultimately screwed up so whatever.
http://www.wwe.com/article/roman-reigns-suspended

http://www.wwe.com/article/jerry-lawler ... d-arrested

http://www.wwe.com/article/raymond-lepp ... -suspended

These are articles for the people that were suspended this year. Roman, Adam Rose, and Konnor were listed as "suspended effective immediately" and Lawler was suspended the same day as his arrest.

WWE knew beforehand with Roman so that's why they get the belt off him and strategically times the suspension for him to come back. They know what they're doing with these announcements.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:09 am

Observer scoops including MVP cold feet, Ambrose heat, Alberto's cloudy future - http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 15#p135215

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:12 am

Also, this week's Raw in Corpus Christi only drew 6,000. So not only is the crowd notoriously cold quite often, but now can't be bothered to show up when the carnival comes to town. Will it FINALLY be time for WWE to pull back on the frequent stops there?

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:48 am

:!:
supersonic wrote:Also, this week's Raw in Corpus Christi only drew 6,000. So not only is the crowd notoriously cold quite often, but now can't be bothered to show up when the carnival comes to town. Will it FINALLY be time for WWE to pull back on the frequent stops there?
Eh just wait 20 years when Climate Change causes the Gulf to sink that city

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:03 pm

supersonic wrote:Observer scoops including MVP cold feet, Ambrose heat, Alberto's cloudy future - http://rohworld.com/forum/viewtopic.php ... 15#p135215
Nice loophole on posting entire Observer sections. :)

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:58 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Ferrante207 wrote:What do ya'll make of the VKM trust selling off a ton of stock?
Not to delve too far into my real life job, but it was an estate planning technique, nothing more or less. The type of trust those shares were in requires an annual payment to the creator (Vince) of the trust each year. No way of knowing when it was set up and therfore the applicable interest rate, but if it was created in a high interest rate environment, he may have need more liquidity to make the payment.

He controls 83% or so of the voting stock and 46% of the total stock, so it's not like his control changes.
So, since we are in a virtually 0% fed funds rate rn (I know japan and a couple other countries are even selling negative rate bonds), and the trust was set up in a much higher interest rate environment, he must sell extra stock off to the trust to make up for this gap?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:34 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:
mlev76 wrote:
Ferrante207 wrote:What do ya'll make of the VKM trust selling off a ton of stock?
Not to delve too far into my real life job, but it was an estate planning technique, nothing more or less. The type of trust those shares were in requires an annual payment to the creator (Vince) of the trust each year. No way of knowing when it was set up and therfore the applicable interest rate, but if it was created in a high interest rate environment, he may have need more liquidity to make the payment.

He controls 83% or so of the voting stock and 46% of the total stock, so it's not like his control changes.
So, since we are in a virtually 0% fed funds rate rn (I know japan and a couple other countries are even selling negative rate bonds), and the trust was set up in a much higher interest rate environment, he must sell extra stock off to the trust to make up for this gap?
More likely the rate of return required to justify the technique would have been higher because of a higher interest rate when it was set up. And, if the assets contributed to the trust were not producing sufficient growth and income, liquidation might have been necessary or desired.

It's also possible the trustee wanted to diversify the assets beyond a single block of stock in one company. Given the fact that the trust is private and we don't know the terms of it, this is all blind speculation.

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:19 pm

So Eva Marie just got bit by the Wellness Violation bug.

JML

Post by JML » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:22 pm

And she got suspended effective immediately. That means somebody is taking her place at Summerslam or they scrap the match altogether.

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:31 pm

JML wrote:And she got suspended effective immediately. That means somebody is taking her place at Summerslam or they scrap the match altogether.

Or it quietly becomes either a tag match or handicap match. There is no one else on the SmackDown women's roster, though I guess they could put Billie Kay in there since she was on SmackDown a few weeks ago before the brand split. Still, she has a match the night before at Takeover.
twitter me @ItsGrammarian