WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk

supersonic

Re: The Official WWE Thread: Road to WrestleMania 32

Post by supersonic » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

http://www.arenalasvegas.com/events/las ... arena.aspx
WWE MONEY IN THE BANK – 6/19 (PURCHASE LINK COMING SOON)

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:58 am

Attended the MSG show tonight with me non-wrestling fan friend and his kids. Fun show only slightly behind the October Brock show, but still lots of good stuff. My friend loved the New Day and would have bought a Booty-o's shirt, but thought it might come across as racist outside the wrestling context.

The kids loved Kalisto, Roman and Dean the most not necessarily in that order. Roman's reaction was weird. It sounded like a lot of boos, but my whole section was cheering for him and I've heard the same about others as well. He was hugely over with the kids, so I really don't expect a heel turn any time soon even though that's what would be best for him.

Mogel

Post by Mogel » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:58 am

Got back from the MSG and I may or may not have recorded some...stuff.
► Show Spoiler
Thoughts/Results:
Ziggler/Miz started off the show which ended up boiling down to every other Miz and Dolph Ziggler match out there. The finish was interesting at least with Dolph super kicking The Miz right out of the air. Second up I was very glad they changed the announced ADR/Kalisto/Ryback triple threat match to Rusev/Kalisto I was not prepared to sit through the slog of an Alberto Del Rio match and I ended up missing the finish (Kalisto won.) Then Sin Cara/Ryback was the most nothing match, it was made after Ryback tried to attack Kalisto but Cara made the save. However Ryback made very quick work of Cara who ended up limping to the back (selling.) After the first 3 matches I had the loudest show pop chalked up to the National Anthem, Sasha and Becky faced off with B.A.D and the girls tried to give the NA a run for it's money. After the tag we got Wyatts (Bray and Rowan) Vs. Big Show and Kane. Alright so I don't know what changed since Monday but Show and Kan got HUGE pops enough to take the National Anthem down a peg. Show and Kane won after Show hit the KO Punch on both Bray and Rowan, followed up with Kane choke slamming Rowan. To send the lot off Show and Kane delivered a double choke slam to Strowman. Strangely Erick Rowan got the most heel heat during the show while he was working over Big Show mid match. Charlotte and Natalya followed getting a pretty good pop Natlaya's way, as well there was hardly a time during the match where there wasn't and audible "WOO!" Good match that ended after a Ric Flair interference and roll up.

-Insert intermission here-

Jonathan Coachman came out to be guest ring announcer, he was welcomed with loud "WHAT?" chants. Then after the Dudleyz came out to great fanfare they promptly crapped all over us fans and the Coach. New Day/Usos/Dudleyz ended like every other multi-team match involving the Usos and New Day, Big E stole the pin after one of the Usos set up the splash in their corner. Also there was one bit they kept going back to which was everyone slapping Xavier Woods in the back, that and "dabbing" what ever that is. (Also both Michael Hayes and Arn Anderson were watching this match from the tech area.) Finally we get to what I came to see. AJ Styles Vs. Kevin Owens was good I'd consider it the best match I've seen them have over the last week or so mostly because it didn't end because of interference. Owens won with a neat Short Arm into Pop-up Powerbomb. Then came the main event, which I promptly ditched after I recorded the two most important entrances. (I wasn't about to spend an extra hour in NYC just to see Dean and Roman work Sheamus for 20 minutes.)

Overall I really enjoyed the show I mean it got a little hard at times with the little kid screeching false WWE facts to his uninterested father and at the same time the kid refusing to sit in his seat and constantly kicking mine. (For reference he thought Wade Barrett was IC champ/Co-champ with Owens, didn't get why we couldn't see or hear the announcers and thought the HBK/Undertaker Mania match they showed before the show was live.) I also picked up none of the newer Kevin Owens shirts and was very disappointed I could not purchase a New Day unicorn horn for my dad.
THE CAPTAIN Image YOUR CAPTAIN

Skinnyfatass

Post by Skinnyfatass » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:07 pm

supersonic wrote:No confirmation yet but Meltzer's sources believe Harper has a torn ACL.
He was pretty lucky he wasn't put on the shelf at Fastlane after Ryback dropped him on his shoulder. Saw the footage of the injury and dude's leg just gave way.

Dude could do a Jericho and wrestle without one ACL, but not sure if thats possible for a guy the size of Harper.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:21 pm

Please have the Owens vs. Styles MSG match up before Raw!

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:27 pm

I dunno why, but I have a heavy feeling that the Bullet Club will be debuting in some form at WrestleMania. Maybe after the main event? Ro-Ro wins, they come out and destroy? They help Shane/Taker win? I dunno. I know that if they did I'd mark out almost as hard as I did in my mom's living room as I did with AJ Styles debuted lol

Skinnyfatass

Post by Skinnyfatass » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:08 pm

If Machinegun and Gallows do debut, it looks likely they will be heels. Finn Balor in his match with Swann on NXT this week was pretty heelish, which I liked. If he can somehow merge the Demon Balor with The Real Rock n' Rolla, then he should be able to get over on the main roster pretty easily if he is booked right.

Machinegun will probably have to find a new finisher, or use the Spinning Spinebuster. Can't imagine that they will let him use the same finishing move as Randy Orton.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:18 pm

I noticed that about the Balor match too, especially the ending of it where he came off as very ruthless. I'd be down for a heel Balor, it'd open up so much more to his character. A lot of guys try to play the "cool heel" and fail at it, but I feel he could really nail it and still be loved by everyone, even if he is "the bad guy".

Hollaplaya

Post by Hollaplaya » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:20 pm

I think whoever loses the title match at Takeover goes to the main roster. It can go either way. You can still set up Doc and Anderson to debut with Finn on either the main roster or NXT. Thee seems to have been talk of both.

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:31 pm

They have been teasing Balor as a heel for a while now. There was the tag match a few months back where people said at Full Sail he was beating the shit out of Enzo and they ended up cutting a huge portion of the match out in post.

BackLash

Post by BackLash » Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:55 am

Just when you think WWE can go five minutes with a Superstar getting injured, Miz may have been injured. He was seen limping after a match with Jack Swagger, which I hope is just him selling his ankle lock.

http://411mania.com/wrestling/miz-possi ... ouse-show/

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:28 am

This Undertaker-Shane McMahon match only ends with the debut of Bullet Club, right?

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:59 am

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:24 am

So the final card assuming the ARMBAR hasn't been bumped to the PPV portion:
WRESTLEMANIA 32:

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
TRIPLE H (C) VS ROMAN REIGNS

HELL IN A CELL MATCH
SHANE MCMAHON VS THE UNDERTAKER

NO HOLDS BARRED STREET FIGHT
DEAN AMBROSE VS BROCK LESNAR

DIVAS CHAMPIONSHIP
CHARLOTTE (C) VS SASHA BANKS VS BECKY LYNCH

CHRIS JERICHO VS AJ STYLES

LADDER MATCH - INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
KEVIN OWENS (C) VS SIN CARA VS THE MIZ VS ZACK RYDER VS STARDUST VS SAMI ZAYN VS DOLPH ZIGGLER

THE NEW DAY VS THE LEAGUE OF NATIONS

UNITED STATES CHAMPIONSHIP
KALISTO (C) VS RYBACK

PRE-SHOW:
20-MAN ANDRE THE GIANT MEMORIAL BATTLE ROYAL

THE USOS VS THE DUDLEY BOYZ

BRIE BELLA, ALICIA FOX, EVA MARIE, NATALYA, & PAIGE VS EMMA, LANA, NAOMI, SUMMER RAE, & TAMINA