WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
ODonnell

The Official WWE Thread: Road to WrestleMania 32

Post by ODonnell » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Still amazed that people think Dave's teases for the New Day match are the Rock, when he's said clearly already the Rock won't be involved in that since it wouldn't fit with the ending.

The "spot at the end" that Dave is teasing could be the Balor Club thing, or Cena. Either one I'm fine with

abrasiveobelisksa

Re: The Official WWE Thread: Road to WrestleMania 32

Post by abrasiveobelisksa » Wed Mar 23, 2016 2:21 pm

Boooo, who changed the title? :P

I can personally see Hogan coming back at the end. Balor Club seems like a Raw after deal.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:05 pm

abrasiveobelisksa wrote:Boooo, who changed the title? :P

I can personally see Hogan coming back at the end. Balor Club seems like a Raw after deal.
I can't see Hogan being brought back right now, especially with the racist comments so prominent in the discussion about the Gawker trial.

Cena doesn't make a whole lot of sense since I don't recall them having any great interactions.

But, what about their friend...their fallen captain...

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:23 pm

abrasiveobelisksa wrote:Boooo, who changed the title? :P
Twas me. I only just realized yesterday World Wrestling Federation was in the title lol. I have weird OCD and while the joke was funny, this thread has become the hub for WWE talk so I'd like it to have a somewhat more official name :D

JML

Post by JML » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:32 pm

This might be read as more fodder to the political hit theory but for me it's just a weird observation.

The promotion of this years Mania is Triple H vs Roman. They are the second to last image in the Mania commercials. The commercial for my cable company is only about Triple H vs Roman. The header of WWE's Twitter account is Triple H vs Roman but from what I see people talking about is Shane vs Taker and Dean vs Brock.

I don't know if Rob ran a poll on Twitter about what people are looking forward to but Wrestling Inc ran a poll and Triple H vs Roman got third.

I don't care much for the card but isn't WWE doing everything wrong by promoting Triple H vs Roman as their big match?

I just have a weird Mania 25 feeling going on with this one.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 9:29 pm

JML wrote:This might be read as more fodder to the political hit theory but for me it's just a weird observation.

The promotion of this years Mania is Triple H vs Roman. They are the second to last image in the Mania commercials. The commercial for my cable company is only about Triple H vs Roman. The header of WWE's Twitter account is Triple H vs Roman but from what I see people talking about is Shane vs Taker and Dean vs Brock.

I don't know if Rob ran a poll on Twitter about what people are looking forward to but Wrestling Inc ran a poll and Triple H vs Roman got third.

I don't care much for the card but isn't WWE doing everything wrong by promoting Triple H vs Roman as their big match?

I just have a weird Mania 25 feeling going on with this one.
The two things I see being promoted are Roman/Triple H and Taker/Shane. Every now and again I see a Dean/Brock thing, but it's like an 8-2 or 9-1 frequency.

I feel like Shane/Taker goes on last if for no other reason than it's Vince's story and they also know the last image can't be Roman being booed. And honestly, if they don't turn him, he'll probably get more boos than if they do.

maggot

Post by maggot » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Didn't everyone think Reigns was going to get booed last year too? By the climax of that main event, the fans were on Reigns side, ready to accept his coronation as the new face of the company.

wac

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by wac » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:54 pm

supersonic wrote:Cesaro pulled double-duty for sure.
Cesaro and Kidd, Los Matadores, The Usos, and the New Day were all in the opening tag title match and in the battle royal. I'd bet we still see the Usos, Dudleys, and Goldust and Truth in the battle royal even if they're all in that tag match. The New Day and League of Nations could be in there too.

wac

Post by wac » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:01 pm

Can Rich confirm if Daniel Bryan is showing up at Kaiju Big Battel?

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed Mar 23, 2016 11:23 pm

maggot wrote:Didn't everyone think Reigns was going to get booed last year too? By the climax of that main event, the fans were on Reigns side, ready to accept his coronation as the new face of the company.
What show were you watching? You're mistaking crowd enthusiasm for the match with support for Reigns

JML

Post by JML » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:47 am

Yeah I agree. Roman wasn't being cheered by most of the crowd as there were groans. I don't know if the WWE Network version of the match had piped in crowd cheering but in the Live version, the crowd was booing.

I don't think people will boo this match but more be like the TLC Crowd that chanted random shit and didn't give a damn about the match.

rovert

Post by rovert » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:08 am

wac wrote:Can Rich confirm if Daniel Bryan is showing up at Kaiju Big Battel?
Nothing new is in the Observer.

I was just told it is NOT a new health situation and Meltzer has the story and will report it "soon". Which I guess will be the next Wrestling Observer Radio this morning.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:22 am

wac wrote:Can Rich confirm if Daniel Bryan is showing up at Kaiju Big Battel?
I don't know what Rich can or can't confirm but I can confirm Ibushi's oponent at Kaiju might be a bigger story than Ibushi being there himself! :o
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:08 am

No confirmation yet but Meltzer's sources believe Harper has a torn ACL.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:36 pm