WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by mlev76 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:54 am

While I'm not shocked in the least that Ambrose lost, watching the match from last night tonight really filled me with a mix of appreciation for how great Dean has been this year and concern over whether they get what they have with him. I fear they may do the easy thing and turn him heel so he can be fed to Roman while building Roman to a rematch with Lesnar. With Rollins, Cena and Orton all probably coming back soon, his window will likely close again and it might not open again for a while.

But with all that said, that was the best WWE match this year so far.

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:57 pm

AJ and Jericho being in the IC Title match is more likely, in my view, than another Styles vs AJ singles.
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Mon Mar 14, 2016 5:58 pm

AJ vs. Styles would be 5 stars prob tho.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:40 pm

If you think Jericho would come back and write a long drawn out storyline only to be thrown in a multi man match you're nuts.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 8:15 pm

Rob McCarron wrote:AJ and Jericho being in the IC Title match is more likely, in my view, than another Styles vs AJ singles.
That would be quite a shoehorning for them. Right now, there appears to be four people already lined up for that match (Owens, Zayn, Neville, Miz). If he's healthy, Show makes sense with respect to his interactions with Owens.

I feel like AJ/Jericho is going to be a singles match, perhaps with a submission gimmick

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:26 am

I'm lowkey enjoying HHH v. the new wave of "young" guys. Just gotta get through the VINTAGE HHH prolonged, slow mid-match heat segment.

Roman Reigns with the post match heelish assault on the take-on-all-comers workhorse champion after a long valiant defense of his title.

...do they want people to boo Reigns?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:32 am

BoxingRobes wrote:I'm lowkey enjoying HHH v. the new wave of "young" guys. Just gotta get through the VINTAGE HHH prolonged, slow mid-match heat segment.

Roman Reigns with the post match heelish assault on the take-on-all-comers workhorse champion after a long valiant defense of his title.

Ambrose (or literally any other babyface on the roster, and even some of the heels) would be cheered if put in the exact same position. I would bet my life on it in the case of Ambrose.

Very tired of this nonsense. It isn't a HHH thing. It is very clearly a rejection of Roman Reigns thing. He isn't the guy, and I told everybody that pre Shield break up.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:45 am

They really should have just had Roman win the Rumble in 2014 in retrospect, then have the Shield last longer and continue having Seth winning the MITB.

ThomasOP

Post by ThomasOP » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:25 am

BoxingRobes wrote:...do they want people to boo Reigns?

Yes.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:46 am

Meltzer reports Neville has broken ankle and shinbone.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:20 am

Joe Lanza wrote:
BoxingRobes wrote:I'm lowkey enjoying HHH v. the new wave of "young" guys. Just gotta get through the VINTAGE HHH prolonged, slow mid-match heat segment.

Ambrose (or literally any other babyface on the roster, and even some of the heels) would be cheered if put in the exact same position. I would bet my life on it in the case of Ambrose.

Very tired of this nonsense. It isn't a HHH thing. It is very clearly a rejection of Roman Reigns thing. He isn't the guy, and I told everybody that pre Shield break up.
HHHs is going to his bag of tricks to get heat against Reigns. Every other face on the roster gets cheers and the crowd behind him (Ambrose and Ziggler on essentially, consecutive nights). People just do not want Reigns.

If you had Ambrose v. the Authority and played it out a little longer...and then you had Ambrose v. HHH at Mania and they had a match that mirrored the Roadblock match, just with Ambrose getting over...the match is critically acclaimed and you could've made an argument, that they theoretically made a star in Ambrose on that stage.

Instead, we're going to get a terrible match and a chorus of boos for 30 minutes during the main event segment at Mania.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:33 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:

HHHs is going to his bag of tricks to get heat against Reigns. Every other face on the roster gets cheers and the crowd behind him (Ambrose and Ziggler on essentially, consecutive nights). People just do not want Reigns.

If you had Ambrose v. the Authority and played it out a little longer...and then you had Ambrose v. HHH at Mania and they had a match that mirrored the Roadblock match, just with Ambrose getting over...the match is critically acclaimed and you could've made an argument, that they theoretically made a star in Ambrose on that stage.

Instead, we're going to get a terrible match and a chorus of boos for 30 minutes during the main event segment at Mania.
Reigns is getting booed because he is viewed as "the chosen one", and this is a company run by an out of touch old man who didn't learn the lesson of what fans want/don't want with the Daniel Bryan/Batista situation.

Reigns is getting booed because he isn't nearly as charismatic or likable as they think he is.

Period.

Triple H crotch chopping during a beatdown has nothing to do with it. There is no grand conspiracy. They very badly want him to get over, and they think everything they are doing should be leading to that.

It's gotten to the point that anything that occurs on RAW is shoehorned and forced into this #PoliticalHit fan fic nonsense. Last night, it was "Valiant babyface champion Triple H wins a hard fought match clean, and is attacked by heel Roman!!11!!". Nonsense. Ziggler is a fucking mid carder, there is nothing wrong with a strong heel champion beating a mid carder clean, especially two weeks before Mania. Roman did not behave as a heel. He was seeking revenge on his own attack, to put heat on the Mania match. Any other babyface gets cheered in that scenario. ANY. Roman gets booed because HE ISN'T THE GUY.

Some people are just having fun with this stuff, It's tongue in cheek, I get it, that's fine, but some people are falling into delusion. People need to accept that Roman just doesn't have it. I knew it two years ago.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:39 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
BoxingRobes wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:

Reigns is getting booed because he is viewed as "the chosen one", and this is a company run by an out of touch old man who didn't learn the lesson of what fans want/don't want with the Daniel Bryan/Batista situation.

Reigns is getting booed because he isn't nearly as charismatic or likable as they think he is.

Period.

Triple H crotch chopping during a beatdown has nothing to do with it. There is no grand conspiracy. They very badly want him to get over, and they think everything they are doing should be leading to that.

It's gotten to the point that anything that occurs on RAW is shoehorned and forced into this #PoliticalHit fan fic nonsense. Last night, it was "Valiant babyface champion Triple H wins a hard fought match clean, and is attacked by heel Roman!!11!!". Nonsense. Ziggler is a fucking mid carder, there is nothing wrong with a strong heel champion beating a mid carder clean, especially two weeks before Mania. Roman did not behave as a heel. He was seeking revenge on his own attack, to put heat on the Mania match. Any other babyface gets cheered in that scenario. ANY. Roman gets booed because HE ISN'T THE GUY.

Some people are just having fun with this stuff, It's tongue in cheek, I get it, that's fine, but some people are falling into delusion. People need to accept that Roman just doesn't have it. I knew it two years ago.
I'm not sure if you misunderstood me or not.

This isn't a political hit...I don't believe in that nonsense...what I do believe, is they are trying EVERYTHING in the book to get him over in this role, and its falling flat on its face. So much so, the booking has the opposite effect. They've tried every babyface trick in the book already...fell flat. Now, they are going elsewhere. The revenge beatdown by a real babyface doesn't happen post-match after the champ has a 20 minute match. That's heelish or tweener behavior...but Reigns is supposed to be a babyface. Its not a political hit...its just trash booking while they reach for takes to get something...ANYTHING...to get this guy going in the direction they want him going. It'll never happen, but they keep trying and some of the attempts are confusing and nonsensical.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:45 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:
Joe Lanza wrote:
BoxingRobes wrote:

Period.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood me or not.

This isn't a political hit...I don't believe in that nonsense...what I do believe, is they are trying EVERYTHING in the book to get him over in this role, and its falling flat on its face. So much so, the booking has the opposite effect. They've tried every babyface trick in the book already...fell flat. Now, they are going elsewhere. The revenge beatdown by a real babyface doesn't happen post-match after the champ has a 20 minute match. That's heelish or tweener behavior...but Reigns is supposed to be a babyface. Its not a political hit...its just trash booking while they reach for takes to get something...ANYTHING...to get this guy going in the direction they want him going. It'll never happen, but they keep trying and some of the attempts are confusing and nonsensical.
Gotcha.

Yeah, the booking is pretty terrible. I thought Roman was the most protected & pushed person on the roster for about two years. Now he's firmly entrenched in the shitty booking with the rest of the plebs. That doesn't help, but yeah, it isn't indicative of a conspiracy because nobody is booked well from a traditional standpoint with the possible exception of Owens. Roman isn't good enough to overcome it.

JML

Post by JML » Tue Mar 15, 2016 4:09 pm

I tried yesterday and watched the last hour of Raw since I wanted to see how Triple H vs Ziggler would go. Better match than I thought it would be and I'll give Triple H credit yesterday as he got cut on the side of his head and took a TV to his back to try to make Roman look like a badass but the damage has been done with him being the new guy.

I recently believed in the political hit theory off what Dylan Hales' has presented in terms of Triple H positioning himself as the top guy. However since they shot the angle of him bouncing his head off the table to the Yes chant and the Crotch chop, he's done everything by the book to be the main heel leading up to Mania.

I think we should all meet in the middle that there was something going on with Triple H trying to get himself over in the middle of this terrible booking and overall incompetence of this company. The guy has been over since 1999/2000 so he didn't need to do all of that. But Joe is right that the man in charge is out of touch but Vince also wants that casual audience consumer audience.The girls that were going crazy in the front row over Roman punching Triple H, that's the money Vince wants and doesn't care if the hardcores don't like it. But he doesn't know how to go the medium with satisfying your hardcores with your casuals. They prop up this WWE Universe like comic books do but the comic book industry goes with the medium when they do movies and TV shows.

You add those horrible Golden Truth segments along the Shane vs Taker stuff and it just turns me off on Mondays. I'll stick to Smackdown and NXT but Raw isn't for me.