WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

Re: WWE (Discussion)

Post by mlev76 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 pm

greenmanRD wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:28 pm
The character would be far more interesting if he had this Funhouse persona and switched between that and The Fiend. There would be an actual character with something interesting behind him. I can see this guy being completely boring by Mania when he presumably gets destroyed by Demon Balor.
Um, that's actually what has been happening....

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Tue Sep 17, 2019 7:55 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 6:43 pm
greenmanRD wrote:
Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:28 pm
The character would be far more interesting if he had this Funhouse persona and switched between that and The Fiend. There would be an actual character with something interesting behind him. I can see this guy being completely boring by Mania when he presumably gets destroyed by Demon Balor.
Um, that's actually what has been happening....
Apart from the sketches when has he been doing Funhouse Bray? I haven't seen every show but every time I see him in the arena he's The Fiend.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:17 pm

That's correct. When he's in the arena, he's the Fiend. When he's promoing, he's Bray. I don't think it work as well if you didn't have that separation.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:53 pm

Ok, now that I've seen it all, I'm gonna officially proclaim the 2019 KOTR tournament the best main roster tournament in WWE history.

Overall, that's not exactly glowing praise since tournaments on the main roster have usually been subpar, but this was well built, elevated several wrestlers and culminated in a great final.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:27 am

I don't know if I its ironic or I feel like they might really be onto something with this incarnation of Bray Wyatt...probably the former...but I now feel like they are just hotshotting the gimmick. Where do you go with this character as the champ? Where do you -- you know what, putting way too much thought into this.

Its WWE, so he's eating a few curb stomps as Seth Rollins BURNS IT DOWN at the Hell in a Cell only on the WWE Network.

Should have gone with the Dee Moan King Finn Balor style gimmick. Regular ol Bray when you want them to take an L...Fiend Bray when you want a squash.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:50 am

BoxingRobes wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:27 am
I don't know if I its ironic or I feel like they might really be onto something with this incarnation of Bray Wyatt...probably the former...but I now feel like they are just hotshotting the gimmick. Where do you go with this character as the champ? Where do you -- you know what, putting way too much thought into this.

Its WWE, so he's eating a few curb stomps as Seth Rollins BURNS IT DOWN at the Hell in a Cell only on the WWE Network.

Should have gone with the Dee Moan King Finn Balor style gimmick. Regular ol Bray when you want them to take an L...Fiend Bray when you want a squash.
Brock beat Kofi on Fox
Fiend beats Seth at HITC

Fiend vs. Brock at Survivor Series.

Not a prediction..just a hope

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sun Sep 22, 2019 7:51 am

It took me a week after the fact to watch CoC, I think the first PPV I've watched since last year's Rumble. While I obviously wasn't gonna watch everything, I did take the time to watch the tags and skim the rest, although I did note how throughout the night, there was a lot more than I remember of the commentary stepping all over itself to try and get the stories across, got distracting--I really wish THE Omakase hadn't pointed out how angry Graves sounds all the time now, since now I can't unhear it:
- Raw tag title match was straight TV match, complete with thoroughly unconvincing finish; at least virtually everyone who is paired up with Roode/Ziggler will look good by comparison, since they are as dry a heel team as you can imagine
- SD tag title match was fine, cool to see Revival get the post-match promo too (although Dawson is still the better of the two at it); felt bad for the small contingent trying to get the "This Is Awesome" chant going though
- Women's tag title match was mediocre, and I suspect the management knew it would be as such, given the random mid-match goofiness that occurred; cool to see the Total Elimination variant AND Total Anarchy in one match, though

As far as everything else:
- props to Nakamura for having the nuts to go out there looking as lower-card-goofy as possible; he's fully embraced being out of the main event, probably forever
- props to Banks & Lynch for getting the crowd into things for the first time I noticed...between the two women's singles title matches, though, I'm thoroughly confused as to the face/heel dynamics at play
- annoyed that I didn't get to see Alexander vs. Styles, the only singles match of the night I had been planning to watch; probably good that I didn't get to see Cedric get the Dragon Kid hometown treatment though
- not familiar with the Roman vs. Rowan feud, but if it ends with the return of the...I guess they're not the Bludgeon Brothers anymore, so I'll call them the Roughnecks...then it was all worth it
- the main event finish says many different things, and even as someone who doesn't follow the product anymore, I can read what those things are...most of which remind me why I stopped caring about the main event scene to begin with. Props to Braun for bringing it, though

I hope that I just picked a bad PPV to judge them by, and not that PPV crowds are usually this unresponsive these days.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:00 pm

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:09 am

Vince totally wrote that main event go-home angle for Anniversary.

Ask me how I know?

Because its a cuck angle. Vince fucking LOVES cuck angles. The more outrageous the better.

Vince really closed his main event of the start of the next era of his company with a cuck angle starring a large black man, an Eastern Bloc immigrant, and someone impersonating a Russian spy. They are really hitting all of their demographics with this one. Not bad.

This shit is objectively meta funny...I won't lie. Its good shit, damnit.

:lol:

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:43 am

BoxingRobes wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:09 am

Ask me how I know?

Because its a cuck angle. Vince fucking LOVES cuck angles. The more outrageous the better.

Vince really closed his main event of the start of the next era of his company with a cuck angle starring a large black man, an Eastern Bloc immigrant, and someone impersonating a Russian spy. They are really hitting all of their demographics with this one. Not bad.

It could have also be Heyman's idea as he's always played up the relationship dynamics between spouses and partners. Odd that we have three storylines in the company (Drake Maverick, Kanellis' and now Rusev/Lana/Lashley) revolving around either a lack of sex or cheating. I think one is more than enough.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:43 am

As someone who's been watching a bunch of ECW recently, I can't think of a single example of a promiscuous female turning on her man and linking up with someone else under Heyman's watch. I certainly haven't just sat through weeks of Gertner insinuating Francine is cheating on Tommy with Raven, only for her to actually ditch Tommy for Raven for, like, three weeks, before ditching him for Justin Credible, which I'm sure turns out great for both of them.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:06 am

cbacon87 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:43 am
As someone who's been watching a bunch of ECW recently, I can't think of a single example of a promiscuous female turning on her man and linking up with someone else under Heyman's watch. I certainly haven't just sat through weeks of Gertner insinuating Francine is cheating on Tommy with Raven, only for her to actually ditch Tommy for Raven for, like, three weeks, before ditching him for Justin Credible, which I'm sure turns out great for both of them.
Then there was the whole Sandman/Raven thing where they use Sandman's own child and wife to turn on him. Heyman loves that shit

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:14 pm

I’ll stick to being bogged down with sports considering this is October. A struggle to even give a fuck about rasslin’ this time of year..

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:10 am

mlev76 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:43 am
BoxingRobes wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 3:09 am

Ask me how I know?

It could have also be Heyman's idea as he's always played up the relationship dynamics between spouses and partners. Odd that we have three storylines in the company (Drake Maverick, Kanellis' and now Rusev/Lana/Lashley) revolving around either a lack of sex or cheating. I think one is more than enough.
Brother, do not even attempt to try and convince me that this was anyone but Vince's idea. I won't hear it, because it'd be completely false...and I say that knowing that the top cuck bookers in the world are 1) Vince McMahon 2) Paul Heyman. Heyman, too, loves a good cheating spouse angle, but Vince...loves to cuck his employees on screen. As you mentioned, there are like THREE going on at the same time, but Vince has a long history of these angles just getting him off. He loves this shit.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:13 am

mlev76 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:06 am
cbacon87 wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:43 am
Then there was the whole Sandman/Raven thing where they use Sandman's own child and wife to turn on him. Heyman loves that shit
Raven stealing Sandman's wife and kid...but he wasn't really cucking Sandman, to be fair.
Also, Tommy Dreamer stealing Beulah from Raven

These aren't quite like Vince's obsession with having these in real life spouses emasculate their husbands on TV. I mean, correct me if I am wrong, but this the THIRD(?) on screen angle of this nature involving Rusev and Lana alone...