Post by mlev76 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 4:19 pm

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=124943

Not shocking by any means.

Also, they signed DJZ.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Mar 26, 2019 12:43 am

If this company was smart, they wouldn't fuck up Ricochet...whatever ceiling you had for him...should be moved much higher. He's got big room charisma. They have high hopes for he and Black...but Ric outshines him and its not particularly close. He channels his inner Rock in some of his mannerisms, but it works for him to connect with the crowd.

ThommyGunn

Post by ThommyGunn » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:22 pm

Isn't the fact that it has taken this long for Ricochet just absolutely unbelievable. Truthfully the guy is the most can't miss star they've had in years.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Mar 26, 2019 2:51 pm

ThommyGunn wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:22 pm
Isn't the fact that it has taken this long for Ricochet just absolutely unbelievable. Truthfully the guy is the most can't miss star they've had in years.
If you mean how long it took to get him signed, it is definitely crazy. Far too much "we already have a guy like that" thinking during the initial indie recruitment. I think his LU contract probably pushed things back a year or 2 as well.

As far as a call up to the main roster, I think they timed it well. Spent just over a year in NXT, got used to the system, got over without giving up what made him special and came up confident and capable. Both he and Black will no doubt succeed on the main roster.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:11 pm

A pretty polarizing SDLive last night. I love the Charlotte/Asuka match and the gauntlet was good storytelling re: the New Day being not just one guy. But, if you believe many on Twitter and elsewhere, was a pretty large turd dumped on the WWE Universe.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Mar 28, 2019 11:36 pm

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Apr 05, 2019 9:20 pm

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:00 pm

RAW on 4/8 was some scumbaggery of the highest order.

That bait n switch was dirty.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:00 pm

It wasn't advertised. The people who paid for the tickets did not do so thinking they were getting that match. No one who watched the show lost any money waiting for it. In short, this is a very broad definition of bait and switch which a lot of people are using incorrectly. And if you've watching any wrestling show over the last 30 years, you could smell the angle/non match happening from a mile away.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:35 pm

Is the WM Fallout Raw even a can’t-miss event anymore?

I’m a firm believer that due to the weekend buzz and that so many in attendance spend hundreds more to stick around and be there, these episodes should ALWAYS have something really hot/memorable, something that really stands out above the rest of the year. These can’t be glorified holding pattern shows.

They didn’t even need to get creative and book a hot angle yet, as there were 2 no-brainer main event segments to give these fans something special. Batista gets an open mic on Raw, Angle gets an open mic on SmackDown, so there’s true closure with both legends. No working stories, just saying goodbye like Flair, HBK, Edge, Bryan, and Paige got to do. Let the fans go through the waterworks.

By comparison, I’ve no faith that sticking around for Monday next year in Tampa will be worth my time and money. I don’t wanna see a Rocksteady & Bebop tag team, whether they’re stale like Kane & Big Show 4 years ago, or quality workers like the Bar now, in a meaningless main event that will have no ripple effects.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Tue Apr 09, 2019 10:16 pm

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:03 pm

mlev76 wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:16 pm
BoxingRobes wrote:

It wasn't advertised. The people who paid for the tickets did not do so thinking they were getting that match. No one who watched the show lost any money waiting for it. In short, this is a very broad definition of bait and switch which a lot of people are using incorrectly. And if you've watching any wrestling show over the last 30 years, you could smell the angle/non match happening from a mile away.
Oh stop.

If you advertise a main event at 8pm and I sit around and watch your product until 11pm based said main event and don't deliver that main event...its a dirty bait and switch. You sold me a bill of goods at some point.

The crowd in attendance is a different story, but the viewer, its dirty either way.
---
I've been praising some of the main roster for a few months now, mlev, pick your battles for a retort.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Apr 10, 2019 6:06 am

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ww ... story.html
The football stadium under construction in Inglewood, which will open in 2020 as the home of the Rams and Chargers, is the front-runner to host WrestleMania 37, according to multiple sources. City and stadium officials would like to use hosting it as a test run for Super Bowl LVI in 2022.
Brad Shepard (who broke the XFL scoop in December '17 and was the first to very strongly hint that Tampa got WM36) told me this:

"That LA report has zero basis... That is not even a serious conversation yet"

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:57 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:03 pm
mlev76 wrote:
BoxingRobes wrote:

Oh stop.

If you advertise a main event at 8pm and I sit around and watch your product until 11pm based said main event and don't deliver that main event...its a dirty bait and switch. You sold me a bill of goods at some point.

The crowd in attendance is a different story, but the viewer, its dirty either way.
---
I've been praising some of the main roster for a few months now, mlev, pick your battles for a retort.
I was low key expecting a bait and switch but with a better pay off. I think they would have easily silenced the critics if they used that angle to debut Undesputed Era or something. But as soon as The Bar came out my TV went off. I think those AEW chants were 1000% deserved. People complaining on twitter about 'disrespectful' fans forget that they were pretty engaged for the entire show up until that point. The whole bait and switch is 100% why I won't be tuning in until the next Takeover.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:02 pm

dancecab wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:57 pm
BoxingRobes wrote:
Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:03 pm
mlev76 wrote:

Oh stop.

---
I was low key expecting a bait and switch but with a better pay off. I think they would have easily silenced the critics if they used that angle to debut Undesputed Era or something. But as soon as The Bar came out my TV went off. I think those AEW chants were 1000% deserved. People complaining on twitter about 'disrespectful' fans forget that they were pretty engaged for the entire show up until that point. The whole bait and switch is 100% why I won't be tuning in until the next Takeover.
Absolutely agree 100%

To be fair, I understand why they did it...and I understand what this time of the year means for the WWE schedule and program development...but that was a shitty bait and switch. If you're going to do that, give the switch something worthwhile.

The Bar to hold these guys over until they do the Superstar Shakeup is fine, but don't bait me n switch me into it.