WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
mlev76

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by mlev76 » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:19 pm

CThrash13 wrote:
NutCrack wrote:He wasn't crushed though, he was defeated. The next night on Raw he went on his rampage and most people will forget the loss.
We (fans who post at VoW and other wrestling forums) aren't most people though! Haha. Your reply points out the reason Vince and the rest of the booking team get away with such crappy booking on a consistent basis. The casual fan still looks at Strowman as a beast because he destroyed some guys on RAW. The hardcore fans who have watched for years knows Strowman was defeated by one F-5 in a blah match in 7 minutes at No Mercy. The same hardcore fans witnessed the brutality that Strowman hit Lesnar with a month or so earlier at Summerslam and numerous times on RAW in between. Crazy!!

That's the most frustrating part of being a die-hard WWE fan (wrestling fan in general), but it's just part of it!
If your goal is to do Reigns/Lesnar at Mania, then having Brock defeat Braun isn't crappy booking. Could you have had Braun win and get there another way? Yes. Would it have been better if the match was better? 100%, but that's not really a booking issue. To me, Braun losing here reminds me of Cena's first PPV title shot in 2003. He lost, but he came back and became one of the best in promotion history. Braun obviously does not have time on his side, but remember that he was first started down this path about a year ago. And I don't think it's a casual vs. diehard fan thing with regard to being able to get over the loss. I would consider myself fairly diehard and I am already over it.

CThrash13

Post by CThrash13 » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:34 am

Agree to disagree. I'll just be respectful, and leave it there.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:13 pm

The Shield reunion build has been one of the best the company has done in quite some time and I thought they did a very effective job of making next week's show seem important. Several people have noted that the two big events in the group's history (their first appearance and their breakup) took place in the same building where next week's Raw will be held, so that's a nice touch. They've also left it ambiguous as to who they will be facing with the Miztourage, Miz himself, the Bar and Braun all seemingly potential targets.

UditSharma

Post by UditSharma » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:24 pm

Anyone who would like to be an admin on my facebook page ruthless agression era ? You dont have to post about that particular era. You can post about anything wrestling related. It have 22k likes

Sent from my SM-C900F using Tapatalk

NutCrack

Post by NutCrack » Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:24 am

Seth needs that yellow streak back in his hair if this is going to be legit, dammit.

CThrash13

Post by CThrash13 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:38 am

NutCrack wrote:Seth needs that yellow streak back in his hair if this is going to be legit, dammit.
Well said sir, well said!

I'm all about some Shield action, but I have to admit it's a bit weird so far. I'm hoping they at least come out dressed in their old threads and enter to the Shield theme once as a reformed unit. That being said, I'll probably be more interested in which of the 3 will be the one who goes "2014 Seth Rollins" on the other two. Haha

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:48 pm

SHIELD back is actually v cool...its got legit legs if they play it right.

Sister Abigail segment, is the worst, cringiest segment Ive seen in the WWE since Papa Shango made the Ultimate Warrior bleed black goo from his head on Superstars. Horrendous stuff.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:34 am

Gooker favorite so far?

Wyatt vs. Orton saga
Bayley’s booking
Mahal's push
Sister Abigail revealed

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:40 am

WWE really has a banner year for Gooker Candidates. They have had an abysmal year with some incredibly terrible book-jobs and feuds. So bad. They may legitimately have Gooker nominees 1-10 before we get to some other company.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:10 pm

Baller Brand is still near the top (er.... bottom?) for me :(

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:51 pm

supersonic wrote:Gooker favorite so far?

Wyatt vs. Orton saga
Bayley’s booking
Mahal's push
Sister Abigail revealed
Both Bayley's push and Mahal's push are not Gookeresque nominees.

You can probably just say "Bray Wyatt" and call it a day as his character stuff has been utter shit this year.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:59 pm

Bayley was significantly cooled off to the point of crowd betrayal in the arena that hosted her defining moment to date.

Metrics are down and there have been a grand total of zero acclaimed segments or consensus *** matches out of Mahal since his push began. The blame cannot just be placed on Cena’s absence; the hierarchy is out of order on the brand. If he was managing to pull Hollywood Hogan numbers while stinking up the ring (as Mahal has now done in his 3 most recent PPV performances) then a pass would be justified. Having 2 house shows in India for 2017 would not show much return on investment.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:14 pm

Goat

Post by Goat » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:26 pm

I'm stunned. Honestly when those stories came out about WWE being annoyed by The Bucks and Cody doing a glorified tail gate party at a random Raw I thought it was just the Bucks planting stories to puff themselves up. Even WWE at their pettiest have no reason to give a shit about that.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:09 am

I am kind of surprised they never tried to make him a manager in WWE
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97