WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
NutCrack

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by NutCrack » Mon Aug 14, 2017 6:19 pm

cbacon87 wrote:
NutCrack wrote: Then obviously if you go back past the Attitude Era you've got 95 which ended up having some good matches but was absolutely a one match card going in and was main evented by Mabel/Diesel.
I'd put forth the argument that the 95 Summerslam was one of the best 5 PPV's they have ever put on by that time and in no way was it a one match card. Off the top of my head I can think of four matches at least which had a build. Five actually, the Skip match!

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:24 am

Per Meltzer on tonight's Observer Radio, Shelton Benjamin is returning soon.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:24 pm

With the end of New Day's reign on Sunday, Kofi Kingston now sits third amongst individual wrestlers for most days as tag team champion with 893. He trails Mr. Fuji at 932 and Billy Gunn at 953. Pretty safe bet that Kofi breaks that record before the end of 2018.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:58 pm

I find it quite funny how a lot of the fans will complain about WWE burying talent, WWE misusing talent, etc etc... then you have those same fans playing with beach balls and doing everything possible to distract themselves from the show and not pay attention.

Balor vs Jordan was pretty solid.... but no one seemed to care because they'd rather chant "Lets go beach ball/Beach ball sucks" than watch a good match.

If you're so against WWE's booking of certain people then try to put them over, cheer them, boo them, make them matter. Playing with a beach ball won't give WWE any insight as to what to do with people (not that it matters, but you never know).

I wish I had the money to blow on tickets to Summerslam/Raw/SD and then not even pay attention to the show I AM AT, must be a great feeling.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:59 pm

John The Drummer wrote:I find it quite funny how a lot of the fans will complain about WWE burying talent, WWE misusing talent, etc etc... then you have those same fans playing with beach balls and doing everything possible to distract themselves from the show and not pay attention.

Balor vs Jordan was pretty solid.... but no one seemed to care because they'd rather chant "Lets go beach ball/Beach ball sucks" than watch a good match.

If you're so against WWE's booking of certain people then try to put them over, cheer them, boo them, make them matter. Playing with a beach ball won't give WWE any insight as to what to do with people (not that it matters, but you never know).

I wish I had the money to blow on tickets to Summerslam/Raw/SD and then not even pay attention to the show I AM AT, must be a great feeling.
Or, don't go. I recognize that some believe that you pay your ticket, you get to act the way you want to. But, being disrespectful to not only the wrestlers but your fellow fans (and I'm sure many went to the show to watch the matches). It's being a dick to get yourself over and show how 'cool' you are. And if that's your trip, I've seen plenty of guys at ROH and Evolve shows working to get themselves over and they generally keep their markishness to themselves.

Rottenrocker

Post by Rottenrocker » Wed Aug 23, 2017 2:35 am

Poor Smackdown getting saddled with Roode. I remember him from when I was watching TNA regularly years ago and the never ending feud with Eric Young. Oh god that was terrible.

He'll be out of the WWE in two years if not sooner.

Oh and 205 Live is officially a clown show. The state of this company.

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:23 am

Rottenrocker wrote:Poor Smackdown getting saddled with Roode. I remember him from when I was watching TNA regularly years ago and the never ending feud with Eric Young. Oh god that was terrible.

Have you been following his run in NXT at all? He's been killing it both in ring and gimmick-wise.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:39 pm

Just finishing last week's Observer and the JoJo being Jose Offerman's daughter thing I'm shocked was never mentioned before. Was this known?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Aug 23, 2017 3:42 pm

Oh yes. I've made numerous jokes on Twitter about it and on the flagship podcast. Didn't know if it was super popular or very well known. I assume a large segment of WWE fans have no clue who Jose Offerman is either.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:26 pm

CThrash13

Post by CThrash13 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:59 pm

John The Drummer wrote:
Rottenrocker wrote:Poor Smackdown getting saddled with Roode. I remember him from when I was watching TNA regularly years ago and the never ending feud with Eric Young. Oh god that was terrible.

Have you been following his run in NXT at all? He's been killing it both in ring and gimmick-wise.
Maybe I was one of the few who enjoyed his TNA work, but he's definitely been really strong and getting better during his time in WWE. I actually thought his last few matches in NXT were his best, so that tells me he's adjusting fairly well. And he's definitely been strong on the mic. There's no reason he shouldn't be elevated to a pretty good spot on Smackdown. I honestly didn't know how many good years he had left when he signed with WWE, but I see no reason to believe he doesn't have several solid years left.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:33 am

Roode is going to be a "long time" WWE employee, I'd wager...as long time as a 40 year old could be, I suppose.

Got the look, passable on the mic, works a light WWE style that will allow him to be featured on house shows and work that mid-card until he falls apart...plus, he's got the right people clearly behind him.

I don't like him at all, but its pretty clear Roode is in this as the final gig of his career and he's got the "skill set" to last a while.

Eric Young, too, as versatile as he is...if he wants, could also last a while. EY though, has a lot of shit outside of wrestling that interests him, so thats always out there.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:21 am

BoxingRobes wrote:Roode is going to be a "long time" WWE employee, I'd wager...as long time as a 40 year old could be, I suppose.

Got the look, passable on the mic, works a light WWE style that will allow him to be featured on house shows and work that mid-card until he falls apart...plus, he's got the right people clearly behind him.

I don't like him at all, but its pretty clear Roode is in this as the final gig of his career and he's got the "skill set" to last a while.

Eric Young, too, as versatile as he is...if he wants, could also last a while. EY though, has a lot of shit outside of wrestling that interests him, so thats always out there.
EY seems like someone destined to be a coach at the PC or an agent. Probably stay active as long as they need him to speak for Sanity.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:53 am

He can do so much more then just be a guy for Sanity though. He can get over as the underdog babyface...the goofy comedy character...the lone wolf crazy guy, and now leader of a heel faction...he's too damn good to be a part of this unit forever.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:24 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:He can do so much more then just be a guy for Sanity though. He can get over as the underdog babyface...the goofy comedy character...the lone wolf crazy guy, and now leader of a heel faction...he's too damn good to be a part of this unit forever.
I was more saying what I expect rather than assessing his worth. Clearly, he can do much more, but he's pushing 40 and without the size that seems to reduce the age concerns for main roster WWE, expectations should be kept low.