WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Quentin Moody

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by Quentin Moody » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:12 pm

The Fray Movement wrote:I know this gets said by a lot of folk and they never go through with it, but I think it's time I take a break from the main roster for a bit. Too many things on the shows are just driving me up a wall and its not worth being upset by something that's supposed to entertain me. I actually usually end up taking a break post-Summerslam anyway. Then something will bring me back a couple of months later.
I always keep the main roster at arms length because if I was 100% in with WWE, I would be driving myself crazy. Things that would frustrate me I just can't help but laugh at. Like Sting getting a world title match, I can't help but find humor in that.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:22 pm

Quentin Moody wrote: I always keep the main roster at arms length because if I was 100% in with WWE, I would be driving myself crazy. Things that would frustrate me I just can't help but laugh at. Like Sting getting a world title match, I can't help but find humor in that.
They are telling stories. :lol:

Ziggler who is an annoying figure these days but that's by the by had a great midcard blob tweet:

greenmanRD

Post by greenmanRD » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:25 pm

I would just feel a ton better about this "revolution" if there was actually something for the Divas to do. They are getting longer segments, but it's much of the same stuff. It's still salvageable but it might be worth it to change the situation. I understand wanting to do a power struggle, I don't understand the teams they put together or why they are together. It would make more sense if the revolution was actually the NXT women vs. the WWE Divas imo. That would have something at stake because NXT is trying to "takeover WWE," the WWE Divas are fighting for their place and not to be sandbagged by a bunch of "rookies." It just makes far more sense to me as a story that I'm a bit perplexed as to why they didn't do it.

y2chae

Post by y2chae » Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:58 pm

Regarding the Divas, they need to reboot the whole thing. None of the feuds or storylines are based on anything and the Bellas seemingly shift from face to heel and back again every show.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:02 pm

My idea from the get-go may have been destructive to a few of their favorites but would've really made people stand up and take notice. Again, I hate doing fantasy booking but I was all in favor of the "Revolution" starting with Nikki in the ring holding her Divas title, Sasha comes out with her NXT title and says something to the effect of, "You're a diva, I'm a woman and I wrestle" whatever, it doesn't matter. It's essentially just pandering bullshit to remove all of old connotation of "Diva" and really make this look and feel different. Sasha lays her out, maybe there's a match and Sasha wins or you can build that up for a bigger show with the conflict of Diva vs. Woman.

Instead, mother goose Stephanie McMahon came out and assigned everyone to teams. The same featured people are still featured but now there's a few other women hanging around as well. It sucks.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Aug 25, 2015 3:47 pm

y2chae wrote:Regarding the Divas, they need to reboot the whole thing. None of the feuds or storylines are based on anything and the Bellas seemingly shift from face to heel and back again every show.
Most of everything sucks.

But a year ago I forecasted this. Others talk about how much time NXT has to rehearse as a negative and it is. But doing a match over and over again should be a positive in terms of improved levels of execution. Their basic repertoire should be be really tight and down but it isn't. There is/was a current blandness to the OVW style but at least they had the fundamentals down pat. For all the press releases WWE puts out about Del Rey her prize student Charlotte does nothing well execution wise. It isn't just Charlotte there's a bunch of moves the current women do that are never corrected or just flat out axed. But Charlotte is the most glaring to me and the deadest of dead horses in terms of who I rail on. But Becky's TV offense has always made me cringe too. The one time she wrestled like she did on the indies she tore the house down in the Takeover match with Sasha.

The Diva Revolution matches haven't improved week to week structurally. The Creative and announcing sucks but so does the in ring and agenting. But there currently seems to be a hesitancy to attack it online as Del Rey came from indies and NXT is this hailo brand. When people used to dine out of none of the women knowing how to run the ropes and Flordia Championship Wrestling in general.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Tue Aug 25, 2015 4:59 pm

The Fray Movement wrote:I know this gets said by a lot of folk and they never go through with it, but I think it's time I take a break from the main roster for a bit. Too many things on the shows are just driving me up a wall and its not worth being upset by something that's supposed to entertain me. I actually usually end up taking a break post-Summerslam anyway. Then something will bring me back a couple of months later.
I cherry pick at this point. I'll see the PPVs in whole when I get to them in like four or five years. Like I said on Twitter I see no reason to keep watching, and so I don't. I'll check out some Sasha from time to time, look at a Cesaro match, etc. But the days of me watching week to week are long over.

DanTheDazzler

Post by DanTheDazzler » Tue Aug 25, 2015 8:31 pm

BillThompson wrote:
I cherry pick at this point. I'll see the PPVs in whole when I get to them in like four or five years. Like I said on Twitter I see no reason to keep watching, and so I don't. I'll check out some Sasha from time to time, look at a Cesaro match, etc. But the days of me watching week to week are long over.
Same thing over here. I'll listen to reviews from whoever, but I'm at best cherry picking. I've seen two matches from Summerslam and have no interest in anything else, so I just won't watch them. As for Raw's, I very quickly tend to get to the point where I'm watching 4 or 5 segments a month.

The fact that there's people who'll come to a site like this, where they discuss all different kinds of wrestling, and feel like the market leader has nothing for them on their flagship is quite frankly an incredible indictment on them.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:57 pm

WWE isn't even close to the worst promotion in a world where Wrestle 1, TNA, K-Dojo, all exist. WWE pumps out way too much quality stuff to be included among that dreck.

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Brothers I don't care what you are doing, you just need to watch this video right now. New Day just tops themselves everytime.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Honest question...which US based promotion has put on a more consistent level of great matches this year?

Or even forgetting match quality, which US based promotion has produce more great moments?

You would think it was 1993, not 2015 in the way some folks are carrying on these days.

brandonbitw

Post by brandonbitw » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:53 pm

Does LU count?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:55 pm

brandonbitw wrote:Does LU count?
I believe it is produced here, so yes.

brandonbitw

Post by brandonbitw » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:35 pm

LU wins.

dcfranklin

Post by dcfranklin » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:04 am

mlev76 wrote:You would think it was 1993, not 2015 in the way some folks are carrying on these days.
I have to agree with this. Sure, some of the decisions the Fed makes are downright head scratching, but really...what does it matter? I tune in, I marvel at the greatness of New Day, I get HYPED by Paul E., I cheer for Rusev and Hot and Obedient Summer against the dastardly heel Dolph Ziggler, I get a couple of good TV matches with some solid banter along the way and I'm good.

Asking the Fed to book itself like Heyman's SmackDown is kind of tilting at windmills at this point. It is what it is and shall remain as such until Vincent Kennedy McMahon works his heart into a shoot attack. I suppose I'm saying, why not just enjoy it for what it is, and for that matter, what it isn't? *cough*TotalNonstopAction*