VOW Staff Member

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:40 am

I am all fucking in on Los Ingobernables de PUNJAB

Jinder's promo was gold.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:58 am

As long as the match is a quick Orton squash I'll be fine, hell its probably not going to close that show probably and they'll have AJ vs KO as the main

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:46 am

I'd expect it to happen at the London event actually.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:59 am

Good for Jidner getting a title shot but, holy shit that s going to be such a bad match to watch unless its a squash
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:24 am

I'm into SDL and the Jinder shot and the Shakeup, but I have to say that so many turn-the-TV-off talents are featured now. Lynch and Nakamura et al. are missing and I have to watch Mojo and the Shining Stars and Baron Corbin. And Orton : ).

Push your shit wrestlers if you must, but please push the right ones too please or it's tough to get excited.

Not whining, I mean Sami was positioned as the biggest deal and got screwed for the loss. But Too many geeks this week. Weird holding pattern they're in while they wait for their PPV.

EDIT: Sleepy phone post, pardon the shit grammar and spelling
Last edited by Garuda on Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:25 am

I actually liked the Colons even if the finish was botched and the crowd was dead, hopefully they can string some better matches

John The Drummer

Post by John The Drummer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:14 am

Interesting.... SDL.... not complaining, its cool to see a change of pace, but.... just weird haha

I like the Colon's change up and giving them a more serious push.... BUT.... Smackdown has other teams that could use that some power. IMO The Ascension has a lot to give. Don't let them be that "we are LOD/Demoltion 2.0" and just let them be The Ascension. Good look, and they meld well as a team.

Anyway, it'll be................... interesting.............. to see what happens next.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 2:54 pm

I have more of a problem with Orton as champion than I do with Jinder as the challenger. Orton continues to confound me in terms of why he continues to get pushed as a big star when he clearly is below many in the company at this point. I get that with Cena out, they wanted a recognizable star up top, but there's a reason Batista took his spot 12 years ago and it remains the case today-Orton is just not that good.

And for the record, since he's been compared to him, Reigns on his worst day is way more interesting to me than Orton is.

GuestTimekeeper

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:28 pm

Jinder and the Bollywood Boys screams mid-00's Smackdown stable, like the Cabinet or LA Familia. It might be entertaining for a bit, but these things never go anywhere.

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:06 pm

Couldn't be more happy for Jinder. In an age of 150 lb twig "heavyweight champions" it's nice to see a guy take it upon himself to do the hard work and take the drugs necessary to be a true body guy and get that push.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FootOnTheRopes

Post by FootOnTheRopes » Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:03 pm

Can't wait until they have Ciampa act as Jinders lawyer.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:41 pm

Ferrante207 wrote:Couldn't be more happy for Jinder. In an age of 150 lb twig "heavyweight champions" it's nice to see a guy take it upon himself to do the hard work and take the drugs necessary to be a true body guy and get that push.

No one out diets Jinder, as he has said that he's "all natual".
Who's Rob Viper ?

Empiresk

Post by Empiresk » Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:45 pm

Get a roster to get the work rate fans erect over. Push Jinder Mahal vs Randy Orton as the main event for their first big show in Chicago of all places...

I genuinely don't know how to react to this...

van Fair

Post by van Fair » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:48 pm

Padje wrote:
BoxingRobes wrote:Talking Smack is such a great vehicle for Smackdown...I thought Jinder was great on there. I hate to put over two-star performers...but I thought the Talking Smack segment with him was great. Genuine. Not clean or rehearsed.

I'm such a mark for these former WWE guys coming back as the grizzled veterans. Would like to see Jinder stiff and work over WWE young boys.
Obviously he has that crazy unique body now, but he cuts a good form in a suit too. They need to drop the irate foreigner thing and give him something similar to Del Rio. I'm confident he could pull it off.
I guess we know who just got hired by WWE.
It's a dilapidated boat! - Matt Hardy 2016

Ferrante207

Post by Ferrante207 » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:51 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:
Ferrante207 wrote:Couldn't be more happy for Jinder. In an age of 150 lb twig "heavyweight champions" it's nice to see a guy take it upon himself to do the hard work and take the drugs necessary to be a true body guy and get that push.

No one out diets Jinder, as he has said that he's "all natual".
Folks act like taking a shit ton of drugs isn't a type of discipline. We applaud shibata destroying his body all for the graps yet when guys put their bodies through punishment to have an aesthetic physique to enhance their stock as a wrestler we get mad.