WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
supersonic

Re: Official WWE Thread

Post by supersonic » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:18 am

Observer:
For the 2018 WrestleMania, it is now down to the final four cities. We’re not sure what they are other than Minneapolis is a city that was mentioned. Minneapolis was originally earmarked for 2017 but Orlando got the nod.
In something that would have significant impact on how WWE does business, the Obama Administration is urging all states to ban non-compete contract agreements. This would be something each individual state would have to put into law.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:53 am

So what's the reason since beating future Raw champion Kevin Owens at Battleground, Sami Zayn has only been booked on the PPV portion of 1 out of the 3 cards the Raw roster was available for?

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:46 pm

supersonic wrote:So what's the reason since beating future Raw champion Kevin Owens at Battleground, Sami Zayn has only been booked on the PPV portion of 1 out of the 3 cards the Raw roster was available for?
Don't worry, he'll be putting over Braun Strowman on PPV soon enough.

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:55 am

So why don't they let Swann do his standing 450 finish?

powerfulmgp

Post by powerfulmgp » Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:06 am

supersonic wrote:Observer:
For the 2018 WrestleMania, it is now down to the final four cities. We’re not sure what they are other than Minneapolis is a city that was mentioned. Minneapolis was originally earmarked for 2017 but Orlando got the nod.

In something that would have significant impact on how WWE does business, the Obama Administration is urging all states to ban non-compete contract agreements. This would be something each individual state would have to put into law.
Wasn't Philly the runner up for XXXI? I wonder if they're still in the game.

I believe WWE tries to run everything though a favorable court in CT. They'll spend a fortune to lobby against this on their home turf. Interesting nonetheless.

RobViper13

Post by RobViper13 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:16 pm

Listened to the WOR RAW recap today and it's absolutely amazing how they've taken the successful CWC formula and turned the division into something where the wrestlers are asking their opponents to lose & purposely getting counted out. Some of you fought me when I dared suggest WWE wouldn't get this right because it's in their DNA not to accept it and boy are they proving science right. What a disaster.

Someone here on a previous page said the Cruiserweight Division is the new Divas Division and that is so 100% right. I'm totally stealing that.

Also, I want PAC to be the example of why everyone should be careful next time they scream about which super high flyer on the indy/international scene should be in WWE already. As a fan that's pretty much the last thing you should want in most cases. How many awesome PAC, KENTA, Nakamura & Sombra matches did we miss out on this year? From a personal standpoint I totally get why you should be happy for these guys if they're making better money but I'm guessing nobody who posts here is actually personal friends with any of those guys so you have no reason to cheer for that over seeing great wrestlers have great matches.

It's so sad there is no legit viable #2 anywhere in sight.
"Whoa is me" - BuzzSawyer

King Of Indy Style

Post by King Of Indy Style » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:39 pm

RobViper13 wrote: Also, I want PAC to be the example of why everyone should be careful next time they scream about which super high flyer on the indy/international scene should be in WWE already. As a fan that's pretty much the last thing you should want in most cases. How many awesome PAC, KENTA, Nakamura & Sombra matches did we miss out on this year? From a personal standpoint I totally get why you should be happy for these guys if they're making better money but I'm guessing nobody who posts here is actually personal friends with any of those guys so you have no reason to cheer for that over seeing great wrestlers have great matches.

This. I'm glad to see guys doing something they want to do, but from a wrestling standpoint, and for me as a fan, it sucks seeing them go to WWE.

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:10 am

Good god I want to see Daniel Bryan back in the ring so bad. What a segment.

ODonnell

Post by ODonnell » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:58 am

Cruiserweights, like the the women's division before it, will catch on when the right people are paired and they let them do their thing. Confident it will happen, just a matter of time.

I am concerned with Neville though. Zero idea how they continue to not push him

achillesforever6

Post by achillesforever6 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:38 pm

JML

Post by JML » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:19 pm

RobViper13 wrote:Listened to the WOR RAW recap today and it's absolutely amazing how they've taken the successful CWC formula and turned the division into something where the wrestlers are asking their opponents to lose & purposely getting counted out. Some of you fought me when I dared suggest WWE wouldn't get this right because it's in their DNA not to accept it and boy are they proving science right. What a disaster.

Someone here on a previous page said the Cruiserweight Division is the new Divas Division and that is so 100% right. I'm totally stealing that.

Also, I want PAC to be the example of why everyone should be careful next time they scream about which super high flyer on the indy/international scene should be in WWE already. As a fan that's pretty much the last thing you should want in most cases. How many awesome PAC, KENTA, Nakamura & Sombra matches did we miss out on this year? From a personal standpoint I totally get why you should be happy for these guys if they're making better money but I'm guessing nobody who posts here is actually personal friends with any of those guys so you have no reason to cheer for that over seeing great wrestlers have great matches.

This kind of thinking bothers me. I can root for these guys to go to WWE cause as a human being, I will never hate someone is trying who is trying make a better living financially in their careers. These guys don't owe me anything so why do I have to think that they have stick to the indies or their home promotion just for fans enjoyment? That's like telling fans that they have no business rooting for any of the actors when they move on to Hollywood from their favorite TV Show. That's selfish.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:45 pm

JML wrote:
RobViper13 wrote:Listened to the WOR RAW recap today and it's absolutely amazing how they've taken the successful CWC formula and turned the division into something where the wrestlers are asking their opponents to lose & purposely getting counted out. Some of you fought me when I dared suggest WWE wouldn't get this right because it's in their DNA not to accept it and boy are they proving science right. What a disaster.

This kind of thinking bothers me. I can root for these guys to go to WWE cause as a human being, I will never hate someone is trying who is trying make a better living financially in their careers. These guys don't owe me anything so why do I have to think that they have stick to the indies or their home promotion just for fans enjoyment? That's like telling fans that they have no business rooting for any of the actors when they move on to Hollywood from their favorite TV Show. That's selfish.
Pretty much agree with that.

The 205 show is interesting, but since it's in front of main roster WWE crowds it's probably not going to work that well. But we'll see how far they go back to the CWC presentation.

Mootio

Post by Mootio » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:52 pm

Is the problem with the Cruiserweights not just that they don't stand out presentation-wise? They are about the same size as Seth Rollins and AJ Styles and barring an extra rotation on their springboard flippy-do, they have no real superior athletic ability to flirt. Most of WWE's main events now are high work rate sprints with lots of near falls. Is that not exactly the same style of match that the Cruiserweights are going to offer, only with more high spots?

Naturally, the comparison to WCW is unavoidable. Because when you have Hogan vs. Piper doing their thing in the main event, you can bring on the Cruiserweights to offer the sharp, strong alternative week in, week out. By virtue of assocation, they stand out. But today is a different landscape and I think the divide between the Cruiserweight matches and the main event matches is too narrow for a Cruiser division to ever excel in its current format. It may one day be as good as NJPW's Junior division can be, with storytelling between excellent workers taking centre stage. I think that's their aim right now, to not present it as an alternative but instead try to get the division over by virtue of the participants' merits.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:30 pm

JML wrote:

I kinda get where Rob is coming from. I'm happy to hear when my favourite wrestlers go to the WWE to make good money & achieve their dreams. But, I'm just as happy to hear about my favourite wrestlers say that they do not want or need to go to the WWE & are doing well for themselves outside the WWE. As a fan, I can't help but think that I would like to see guys like Cesaro & Neville leave the WWE, because they can put on better matches in the indies or Japan.

Grammarian

Post by Grammarian » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:15 pm

Has it been reported anywhere what kind of deal Kenny and Mikey are working under? I would have assumed just a per-date basis. WWE did add them to their roster page, which is traditionally only for people with deals. Perhaps Kenny and Mikey got deals similar to Curt Hawkins and Jinder Mahal. Reportedly those types of deals weren't for very much and most turned them down.
twitter me @ItsGrammarian