WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Hollaplaya

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by Hollaplaya » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:52 pm

:|
The Fray Movement wrote:I'm not going to come out and say exactly what the spoiler is that's been all over twitter today, but is anyone else bothered by this being another instance of the WWF bringing back a pass star because they can't build stars anymore?
Yeah, this and the Stone Cold cover. If this happens it would be weird that they would do it now and not Mania time, especially with them wanting to make Mania so big.

Goat

Post by Goat » Wed Jul 15, 2015 9:18 pm

I don't watch NXT, don't watch Raw either so this picture is the first I've seen of it, so I just now have seen this bridging atrocity. This thing looks awful

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:51 am

Found this surprisingly good:

Sasha's charisma translates well to main roster TV. BAD seems like the most cohesive and defined at first sight in terms of roles.

Seemingly the babyfaces will be named under the reused Freaks and Geeks moniker.I will be REALLY impressed if they are more than a collection of individuals. NOT expecting the female Shield in the slightest. The promos could easily bad as Becky isn't confident in herself or her accent while Charlotte is really awkward.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:18 pm

Robareid wrote:People are ragging on Paige heavy here, and I think that's a little harsh despite agreeing that her main roster career so far has been pretty underwhelming. For me that's because she's spent most of her time against an unmotivated AJ Lee and the Bellas who I still think are pretty bad, despite everybody else seeming to think they're superworkers. Paige and Emma were the two girls who kicked off the Women's NXT revolution, I have no problem with her being in there with Sasha and Charlotte. Hell, I think she's a better worker than Charlotte personally.
Don;t think anyone has been praising Brie as a super worker, or Nikki for that matter. Nikki has gotten lots of credit for improving to the point where she is a pretty good worker. She's not great, and she's not someone who is capable of leading anyone else, or being in gimmick matches, or getting too complicated. But, you keep Nikki in 6-8 minute matches with other good workers and she can put in a good performance. That's not the case with Brie who remains an awful wrestler.

Agree with you on Paige though, she's a good wrestler, maybe even very good, but bad booking and a lack of chemistry with AJ have created this idea that she can't work.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:47 pm

rovert wrote:Found this surprisingly good:

Sasha's charisma translates well to main roster TV. BAD seems like the most cohesive and defined at first sight in terms of roles.

Seemingly the babyfaces will be named under the reused Freaks and Geeks moniker.I will be REALLY impressed if they are more than a collection of individuals. NOT expecting the female Shield in the slightest. The promos could easily bad as Becky isn't confident in herself or her accent while Charlotte is really awkward.
"surprisingly good" was a bit of an understatement. Where in the hell did that come from?

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:01 pm

"Playtime is over"

blatant gimmick infringement

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:30 pm

BillThompson wrote:
Robareid wrote:People are ragging on Paige heavy here, and I think that's a little harsh despite agreeing that her main roster career so far has been pretty underwhelming. For me that's because she's spent most of her time against an unmotivated AJ Lee and the Bellas who I still think are pretty bad, despite everybody else seeming to think they're superworkers. Paige and Emma were the two girls who kicked off the Women's NXT revolution, I have no problem with her being in there with Sasha and Charlotte. Hell, I think she's a better worker than Charlotte personally.
Don;t think anyone has been praising Brie as a super worker, or Nikki for that matter. Nikki has gotten lots of credit for improving to the point where she is a pretty good worker. She's not great, and she's not someone who is capable of leading anyone else, or being in gimmick matches, or getting too complicated. But, you keep Nikki in 6-8 minute matches with other good workers and she can put in a good performance. That's not the case with Brie who remains an awful wrestler.

Agree with you on Paige though, she's a good wrestler, maybe even very good, but bad booking and a lack of chemistry with AJ have created this idea that she can't work.
I think alot of the Nikki praise has more to do with how awful she used to be. Is Paige really any good? I see nothing in her other than her look.

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:39 pm

AndyItwaru wrote:
BillThompson wrote:

I think alot of the Nikki praise has more to do with how awful she used to be. Is Paige really any good? I see nothing in her other than her look.
I can only speak to my praise of Nikki, as I do genuinely believe she has grown to be a good, albeit limited, worker. As for Paige, yeah, I do think she's pretty good. She hasn't been on the main roster for the most part, but she and Emma really should have ushered in the first female change-up on the main roster, but terrible characters and booking got in the way.

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:42 pm

[/quote]

I can only speak to my praise of Nikki, as I do genuinely believe she has grown to be a good, albeit limited, worker. As for Paige, yeah, I do think she's pretty good. She hasn't been on the main roster for the most part, but she and Emma really should have ushered in the first female change-up on the main roster, but terrible characters and booking got in the way.[/quote]

I dunno I know Emma and Paige are considered the best of the pre current gen NXT girls but their work always looks clunky to me (not at traditional wwe diva levels though) but to be fair I haven't seen them work much with girls that are competent.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:54 pm

Being a nerd, who consumes as much wrestling as possible, i also watch Superstars and Main Event every week. The divas matches on these shows are often longer, and the crowd are often very dead during these matches. I've been very impressed every time Paige has competed on these shows. She's had matches with people like Cameron, Alicia Fox and Summer Rae, and i'm always impressed by how the crowd starts dead, yet she somehow manages to get the crowd invested during the match. That's more of a testament to her charisma skills, as it is her wrestling skills, but she has a connection with the crowd that no other female has on the roster.

AndyItwaru

Post by AndyItwaru » Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:01 pm

mvh6 wrote:Being a nerd, who consumes as much wrestling as possible, i also watch Superstars and Main Event every week. The divas matches on these shows are often longer, and the crowd are often very dead during these matches. I've been very impressed every time Paige has competed on these shows. She's had matches with people like Cameron, Alicia Fox and Summer Rae, and i'm always impressed by how the crowd starts dead, yet she somehow manages to get the crowd invested during the match. That's more of a testament to her charisma skills, as it is her wrestling skills, but she has a connection with the crowd that no other female has on the roster.
You're right about Paige's connection to the crowd and you cant really teach that. I'll be the first to admit that I havent watched the superstars stuff so I might not be giving her the credit she deserves.

rovert

Post by rovert » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:17 pm

Worth subscribing for:

WWE is in real trouble if anyone of influence reads it. Damning of how it is run at every angle.

One of the things that stood out as it made so much sense:
One source of major frustration for the Creative Team is “Kevin Dunn Time.” If Raw often-times feels like it has become an infomercial or a promotional tool for WWE’s ancillary businesses or charitable efforts, it’s because Dunn has a list of promotional spots at his disposal to work into the show. And these are pieces created by Dunn’s team and approved by Dunn for airing. So, he wants to showcase his team’s work.

Sources say that Dunn rarely consults with Creative on how to fit something like a B.A. Star campaign spot or a random WWE P.S.A. into the script. So, when Stephanie McMahon is involved in a major TV segment as a heel character and then is featured in a B.A. Star spot laughing and playing with children one segment later, it’s maddening for Creative trying to get over stories.

Leo C

Post by Leo C » Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:46 pm

WWE is pretty bad. I quit watching Raw soon after WM, couldn't take it anymore. Discontinued storylines/pushes all over, if something it not discontinued it is probably repetitive, same matches every week, very little interesting in the midcard, etc. etc.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:16 am

Good summary of James Caldwell's 8 page story in the Pro Wrestling Torch about all the problems WWE has had internal over the last few years:

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2015/7 ... ure-blamed

Padje

Post by Padje » Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:21 pm

Cena coming out during the opening segment but then apologising and explaining to Steph and HHH that he wasn't interrupting them, just Rollins, is exactly why I hate WWE sometimes. They've made sure their TV environment is the same as their real one. Even the tough number 1 faces are falling in line behind the guys that kayfabe ruined Daniel Bryan's life and tried to feed Brie Bryan to their lapdog Kane.