WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
ODonnell

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by ODonnell » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:23 am

By all accounts she a cunt and toxic backstage...so yeah?

BillThompson

Post by BillThompson » Tue Jan 26, 2016 5:47 am

wac wrote:Gotta have the company's biggest star sexually humiliate the woman with heat backstage, huh
What happened now?

ajdb

Post by ajdb » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:12 am

So as I'm watching RAW live, I'm very entertained and enjoying the show a lot. Good matches, several funny moments. Then we get the Fastlane main event...and the entire show goes from a B+ show to a F show.

The storyline for the 3 hour show was "evaluating talent for the Fastlane main event" and you proceeded to pick Roman & Dean who teamed in the main event, and Brock Lesnar. Great. Except Mr. Lesnar was not represented in any way on this show, not even by his Advocate. So it begs the question, what was the point of the previous 3 hours? You picked the 2 guys who were in the main event and a guy who DIDN'T APPEAR ON THE SHOW AT ALL?

-Owens beat Ziggler...why? He's a prizefighter, there's was no prize.
-You did AJ Styles vs. Chris Jericho and promoted for a whole hour. If Chris was gonna use his creative control this should've been advertised the moment it was approved. And the match itself? Could've been amazing, instead Jericho decided to spend half the match telling AJ what spot he wanted to do next and nearly ruined the match. Old man Jericho can go anytime now.
-Sasha vs. Becky with no previous advertising, which was on its way to be an okay match but 50/50 booking kicked and Charlotte comes down and lays everyone out.
-Rock interrupting Miz was great. Telling him to Park his truck was great. Rock making Big Show cry was great. Rock exposing Lana as a skank was great and well earned on her part. That's what you get for sabotaging your storyline.
-Rock and New Day was probably the highlight of the show. So good going back and forth on the mic. Usos & Rock send New Day packing. Big E ate a Rock Bottom (did anybody else see how much Rock struggle to hit it?) and it was obvious Kofi was supposed to as well but one of the Usos messed it up. Xavier ate a People's Elbow.
-I can do without our 5 minute Total Divas commercial
-Kalisto and Miz was fun especially because Miz was so mad from the Rock segment.
-BTW, Kane's official a jobber. Bray beat him what 5 minutes.

All this didn't matter because Roman & Dean won the main event then tandem powerbombed Rusev through the announce table. So remember kids, put someone through a table you get a #1 Contender's match.

ThomasOP

Post by ThomasOP » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:21 am

ajdb wrote:Rock exposing Lana as a skank was great and well earned on her part. .

Arighty then.

rollup

Post by rollup » Tue Jan 26, 2016 8:34 am

what did Alex Riley do ? He was bombarded on twitter

sivapc

Post by sivapc » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:34 am

Well i hope they don't have Jericho/AJ at WM now, Y2J was sluggish and slow whole match. Kinda surprising since he said AJ was one of his dream opponents

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:55 am

rollup wrote:what did Alex Riley do ? He was bombarded on twitter
I guess shat on AJ

JML

Post by JML » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:12 pm

He tweeted this once AJ came out for his match against Jericho.

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:40 pm

I don't know if I just set too high expectations but I was a bit disapointed by Jericho and Styles. It was a really good match but it wasn't great for me. It really didn't move anything beyond a ***1/2 to a ***3/4 for me. Maybe the fact I heard it was great so I expected them to reach my expectations. I think part of the problem is this is legit the first time they are working together so I don't think full chemistry was their yet. I will say I did see alot of potiential for a better match in the future.

wac

Post by wac » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:58 pm

BillThompson wrote:
wac wrote:Gotta have the company's biggest star sexually humiliate the woman with heat backstage, huh
What happened now?
Rock ran into Lana backstage and brought up that time he was on Raw with Lana and Rusev and mentioned how she came to his hotel room after and ran down a list of different sex positions they did as she had to stand there and fake smile while looking like she'd rather be anywhere else in the world. Then Rusev showed up behind Rock and Rock says "I thought you guys are broken up" and Lana says "Actually, we're engaged to be married." Real subtle stuff.

I also like Meltzer's line that the heat is entirely on Lana with no residual heat on Rusev, when he was the first guy out of the Rumble in a minute, had Rock cut a promo about how he banged his fiancée without doing anything in response, and got laid out with a double powerbomb through the announce table to close the show.

wac

Post by wac » Tue Jan 26, 2016 2:59 pm

ODonnell wrote:By all accounts she a cunt and toxic backstage...so yeah?
ajdb wrote:Rock exposing Lana as a skank was great and well earned on her part.
Did I open the Observer board by mistake

GuestTimekeeper

Post by GuestTimekeeper » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:22 pm

ajdb wrote:So as I'm watching RAW live, I'm very entertained and enjoying the show a lot. Good matches, several funny moments. Then we get the Fastlane main event...and the entire show goes from a B+ show to a F show.

The storyline for the 3 hour show was "evaluating talent for the Fastlane main event" and you proceeded to pick Roman & Dean who teamed in the main event, and Brock Lesnar. Great. Except Mr. Lesnar was not represented in any way on this show, not even by his Advocate. So it begs the question, what was the point of the previous 3 hours? You picked the 2 guys who were in the main event and a guy who DIDN'T APPEAR ON THE SHOW AT ALL?
This bothered me so much. The entire episode they imply that the people winning matches will be considered for Fastlane, then they don't even bring it up at the end and just pick the two people standing on front of them (even though they hate both of them), and a guy who wasn't even there. Really made the whole show feel like a waste.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:26 pm

wac wrote:
BillThompson wrote:
What happened now?
Rock ran into Lana backstage and brought up that time he was on Raw with Lana and Rusev and mentioned how she came to his hotel room after and ran down a list of different sex positions they did as she had to stand there and fake smile while looking like she'd rather be anywhere else in the world. Then Rusev showed up behind Rock and Rock says "I thought you guys are broken up" and Lana says "Actually, we're engaged to be married." Real subtle stuff.

I also like Meltzer's line that the heat is entirely on Lana with no residual heat on Rusev, when he was the first guy out of the Rumble in a minute, had Rock cut a promo about how he banged his fiancée without doing anything in response, and got laid out with a double powerbomb through the announce table to close the show.
Goes without saying that Meltzer and The Rock are boys. As Keith said:

Quentin Moody

Post by Quentin Moody » Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:50 pm

I thought Styles/Jericho was good not great. Probably would give it ***1/2. Rest of the show I didn't care about one bit.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:04 pm

Jericho isn't the worker he used to be, but the match was good enough for the idea of putting Style over someone who is considered a star by the WWE and much of its audience. I think the key match for him will be whatever he does at Fastlane. If they wanted to fast track him to having a specific role, they could have him face Kalisto and win the US belt. Alternatively, I'd like to see him face Owens. I think it's also possible he'll be matched with of the LON guys.