WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Morten VH

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by Morten VH » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:28 pm

I wish they had a gimmick PPV, based on open challenges. Just all the champions defending their titles in an open challenge. Could very well work in this day and age with the network.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:35 pm

Morten VH wrote:I wish they had a gimmick PPV, based on open challenges. Just all the champions defending their titles in an open challenge. Could very well work in this day and age with the network.
Open Challenge isn't a bad event name at all.

samptime

Post by samptime » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:14 am

The surprise actually delivered.

brandonbitw

Post by brandonbitw » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:23 am

I like Del Rio and loved the surprise return, but that was NOT the way Cena's reign should have ended. Anticlimactic.

samptime

Post by samptime » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:35 am

brandonbitw wrote:I like Del Rio and loved the surprise return, but that was NOT the way Cena's reign should have ended. Anticlimactic.
A fair point.

brandonbitw

Post by brandonbitw » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:46 am

samptime wrote:
brandonbitw wrote:I like Del Rio and loved the surprise return, but that was NOT the way Cena's reign should have ended. Anticlimactic.
A fair point.
Yeah, man. The super kick finish threw me off.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:29 am

Our staff review can be found at https://t.co/1ttXLiFK4W.

duyarvish

Post by duyarvish » Mon Oct 26, 2015 3:52 am

I loved the main event (as long as I pretend the Wyatts never happened). In a company that has turned me off so much by everything being the same they did something different for the first time in ages and I thought it really paid off. The show ending with the crowd chanting thank you Taker would have felt like a perfect ending to a match that actually felt like the guys took a beating and didn't feel fake or psuedo-epic like so many of these "hardcore" matches do.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:12 am

Women's match was good, albeit sloppy. It seems the new direction of the women is starting to get some momentum...I just don't think you can get much more out of a Charlotte-Thikki match...we'll be in a better place once Sasha gets PPV spotlight matches.

Taker-Brock was quite good throughout...not quite the expected blowoff I was hoping, but it was a good match that emphasized these two dudes kicking the shit out of each other.

The Wyatt garbage...was just that...this dude can not eat pin after pin and still expect to keep anyone's attention. I assume no one cares about him anymore. He's a guy that needs to drop down the card and start killing jobbers. Staying in the upper mid-card and jobbing himself is doing him no favors.

ThomasOP

Post by ThomasOP » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:13 am

Enjoyed Wyatt/Reigns, Nikki/Charlotte, & Lesnar/'Taker. Everything was fine. I don't ever need to see Kane & The Dudleyz again.

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:40 am

BoxingRobes wrote:Women's match was good, albeit sloppy. It seems the new direction of the women is starting to get some momentum...I just don't think you can get much more out of a Charlotte-Thikki match...we'll be in a better place once Sasha gets PPV spotlight matches.
She dethrones Charlotte in her billed hometown of Boston at TLC.

K. Hare

Post by K. Hare » Mon Oct 26, 2015 5:04 am

Del Rio return was really underwhelming. He showed no charisma at all and didn't seem too motivated. Hopefully that turns around going forward.

PKThree

Post by PKThree » Mon Oct 26, 2015 7:04 am

ADR coming back certainly was a surprised. But I can agree with those who says he didn't look motivated.

cbacon87

Post by cbacon87 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 10:53 am

I really do like Del Rio, but at the same time, I'm really not excited to see him back. He's not been gone long enough to create more than maybe a handful of fresh new matches. I mean, I do think sometimes people are a bit quick to dismiss matches as "seen it before, don't bother"... but, even if you like Del Rio, I don't see how you can be excited for him to come back and face Ziggler or Orton or Sheamus or probably even Swagger yet again.

I guess you've got Owens and Neville, Ambrose and Reigns are opponents it doesn't feel like he hasn't faced a dozen times before (yet) and at least there's a new masked flippy dude he can squash fortnightly instead of Sin Cara or Sin Cara II, but that's probably about it.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:09 am

supersonic wrote:
BoxingRobes wrote:Women's match was good, albeit sloppy. It seems the new direction of the women is starting to get some momentum...I just don't think you can get much more out of a Charlotte-Thikki match...we'll be in a better place once Sasha gets PPV spotlight matches.
She dethrones Charlotte in her billed hometown of Boston at TLC.
I'd like to see a good build, too. I think more than simply "good matches" we need to see some real story telling. One thing NXT did for these ladies is keep the stories simple and focused and everyone benefited as a result.