WWE (Discussion)

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Morten VH

WWE (Discussion)

Post by Morten VH » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:12 pm

I've come to the point, where i can't even make up fake stories inside my head, to make sense of WWE booking.

Are we just accepting, that the main event of the next PPV, is 100% guaranteed to end in a DQ finish? Even a 5 year old can see that. They're not even trying.

Oh and they're probably never following up on this Rusev face turn ever again.

And the fact that almost every RAW main event of the last 3 years has ended in a DQ doesn't help either.

Quentin Moody

Re: Let's bury the World Wrestling Federation....

Post by Quentin Moody » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:24 pm

Valiant babyface Rusev gives his all against John Cena who is looking to pick the scraps was very weird. I didn't hate the DQ finish as much as Fray (maybe because you just get used to it and stop caring after awhile), but Cesaro-Cena III seemed like the way to go. Continues to get Cesaro over and gives the match that people love seeing. The finish to the triple threat was awful.

Boy, how can I describe that last segment as anything other than utter shit? I defend Rollins pretty often, but I'm ready to pack it up at this point. I just want the belt off of him and I want him gone for a little while. He has zero credibility and somehow this company has made me not care at all for a Brock Lesnar match.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:39 pm

I find it amazing, how this company cannot figure out a way to just give Rollins a win with a a couple feet on the ropes or a handful of tights. Why must he either win after 3 men has interfered, or run away? During his entire reign, he has gotten one single win. Against Ambrose in the ladder match, who frankly wasn't as big of a win as people make it out to be. I don't see anything impressive, in beating a guy clean who's 1-9 in PPV matches leading into the PPV.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:40 pm

Quentin Moody wrote:Valiant babyface Rusev gives his all against John Cena who is looking to pick the scraps was very weird. I didn't hate the DQ finish as much as Fray (maybe because you just get used to it and stop caring after awhile), but Cesaro-Cena III seemed like the way to go. Continues to get Cesaro over and gives the match that people love seeing. The finish to the triple threat was awful.

Boy, how can I describe that last segment as anything other than utter shit? I defend Rollins pretty often, but I'm ready to pack it up at this point. I just want the belt off of him and I want him gone for a little while. He has zero credibility and somehow this company has made me not care at all for a Brock Lesnar match.
Your last sentence is the biggest problem right now. Brock freakin' Lesnar is having a title match in 6 days and the buzz/hype is minimal. It wasn't more than a year ago where we were salivating for any major Brock matches. Hell, you can go back to 'Mania and we were still there.

This has been without a doubt one of the worst runs of creative I've ever seen from them. Nothing is clicking story-wise and it's not on the talent, this is one of the more talented bunches they've ever had.

InYourCase
VOW Staff Member

Post by InYourCase » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:46 pm

"The Fed" broke me awhile ago. I tune into Raw now for Cesaro and most Owens segments. They've killed my interest in Brock Lesnar and I thought the best part about the diva's segment last night was the amount of Dragon Gate jokes on Twitter. Sasha & Becky were the only two that even looked respectable in that segment. I talk with Larsoc (a member of this forum) a lot because he thinks sometimes I'm overly negative on the product. I'm come to terms with the fact that the product will never be for me. I like wrestling being presented in a serious way, like in New Japan, or being presented in such a wacky way that it's an easy escape, like Dragon Gate. That being said, I shouldn't ever be angry when I watch Raw and a lot of times I am.

If Samurai TV or GAORA made their subscription services available to international markets I'd certainly consider cancelling my Network subscription for one, if not both of those services.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:46 pm

The debut of the Four Horsewomen as NOT the Four Horsewomen has me handwaving the entire thing sight unseen the rest of the way.

Sasha Banks with Naomi and Tamina? EYE ROLL.

Morten VH

Post by Morten VH » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:50 pm

The problem is, that WWE is responsible for the whole wrestling business in general. All the promotions we love, are dependent on WWE's success, in order to make fans. I know there's always exceptions to the rule, and there's probably some guy out there who started watching PWG without watching WWE. But in general, all the indy feds needs for WWE to succeed, in order to draw eyes on their own product. And that's why we as fans of smaller promotions, still hope for WWE to have success, and gets so upset when we see the ratings drop every week.

(I know this is not the case for Puro, i'm just talking for the American scene.)

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:04 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:The debut of the Four Horsewomen as NOT the Four Horsewomen has me handwaving the entire thing sight unseen the rest of the way.

Well you see Larry, she is a woman of color. So naturally she would have more in common with those other women of color. That's basic human nature*

*According to the senile 80-year-old that books this shit.

DIFH

Post by DIFH » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:12 pm

BoxingRobes wrote:The debut of the Four Horsewomen as NOT the Four Horsewomen has me handwaving the entire thing sight unseen the rest of the way.

Steph playing teacher was absolutely terrible and was basically a burial of Paige and already made the NXT gals look like they aren't capable of being independent, BUT it would be even worse for the future if they somehow had Sasha teaming with them for the simple fact that she NEEDS to be against them to have those great matches and have that profile raised.

Now you have set up an easy way to get to Sasha vs Paige, Charlotte, Nikki, or Becky immediately. The worst thing for the angle would be for Charlotte to get a long match with an opponent who can't carry her and they have a stinker and then it becomes a Bagwell/Booker situation where Vince says screw the entire thing.

Segment was very bad, but keeping Sasha as an opponent for everyone was the best thing they've done. She's basically the female Flair for all intents and purposes, so having her against everyone on the roster will make everyone look great.

strikamura

Post by strikamura » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Yeah, absolutely NO need for Stephanie to be out there in her Ludvig Borga dress. Nauseating.

DIFH

Post by DIFH » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:39 pm

The problem with that comes when there are three new girls and six girls the fans have been accustomed to not care about at that level

The best thing for the division would be for someone to come up and stomp Nikki for the belt and take it from there, but that clearly won't be happening and we'll likely get some rendition of the late 97 stable wars. But at least it wont be nearly as bad as that was

Larsosc

Post by Larsosc » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:12 pm

InYourCase wrote: I talk with Larsoc (a member of this forum) a lot because he thinks sometimes I'm overly negative on the product. I'm come to terms with the fact that the product will never be for me. I like wrestling being presented in a serious way, like in New Japan, or being presented in such a wacky way that it's an easy escape, like Dragon Gate. That being said, I shouldn't ever be angry when I watch Raw and a lot of times I am.
I might be more critical than you, to be honest. 'Twas your WasimCast feature that I had to rib you for sounding like you wanted to die going through the MITB card.

Fact is, I quit actively watching the fed a while ago, November if I recall correctly. Decided that there's no point in letting hope for a more enticing product keep me watching, especially with a company that books the same curve year after the year. WrestleMania, then Summerslam. Stay tuned in between to find out if there's actually more than one good thing on the show this time, guys! I can't take it. Now, someone ribbed me on Twitter the other day because I seemingly only watch Japanese wrestling which isn't true at all, but I decided to keep up with the #marks and tune into this Battleground build because I felt a little biased. I liked John Cena's last match with Cesaro despite the loud spot-calling, the post-match effortless AA to Kevin Owens and the springboard stunner which has X-Pac heat with me at this point. Other than that, I don't understand how people expect me to keep watching this. It's a goofy show and I don't think I'd show my friends any part of Raw to prove them that wrestling is cool.

Also, Seth Rollins is the least entertaining WWE Champ in a good while for reasons already mentioned by most people here, especially if you only count 3+ month reigns.

This is such a "that guy" thread. What have you done, Fray?

DanTheDazzler

Post by DanTheDazzler » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:38 pm

It's much better than having Sasha a face and not in a position where she can carry Charlotte in particular.

The way it was done was absolutely horrendous, but keeping them apart in that way was definitely the right move.

jeremysexton

Post by jeremysexton » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:29 am

I think last night I set a new speed record for watching Raw. I used to watch everything Heyman/Brock, Cesaro, and Owens and fast-forward the rest. Now, the Heyman promos are getting tired because nothing matters, the Cesaro matches don't mean anything because nothing matters, and Owens… well just doesn't matter either. Nothing that happens on this show matters. There is no reason to watch outside of decades of habit.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:56 am

DIFH wrote:

Steph playing teacher was absolutely terrible and was basically a burial of Paige and already made the NXT gals look like they aren't capable of being independent, BUT it would be even worse for the future if they somehow had Sasha teaming with them for the simple fact that she NEEDS to be against them to have those great matches and have that profile raised.

Now you have set up an easy way to get to Sasha vs Paige, Charlotte, Nikki, or Becky immediately. The worst thing for the angle would be for Charlotte to get a long match with an opponent who can't carry her and they have a stinker and then it becomes a Bagwell/Booker situation where Vince says screw the entire thing.

Segment was very bad, but keeping Sasha as an opponent for everyone was the best thing they've done. She's basically the female Flair for all intents and purposes, so having her against everyone on the roster will make everyone look great.
I will stand by my fantasy booking to debuting the Horseladies.

Bella Empire was a perfect foil. They've destroyed everyone. They have their little stable. Open challenge. NXT chicks show up together (Charlotte, Becky, Sasha, and Bayley), wreck'em SHIELD style. A few weeks of shenanigans leads to a Nikki/Charlotte match cutting Nikki's title reign just short of the record. You have yourself a little Eight-Lady blowoff at a PPV, then you start the dissension between Charlotte and Sasha...or could even pull the "kick Bayley out" angle first (probably too early to debut Dana Luger, but whatever)...the stories write themselves if you bring them in as a group. They don't even need to last long, because the dissension could start right after they knock off the Bellas. However, a short Lady-SHIELD like run is what should have been done...I'll go to the grave with that fantasy book. The Paige/Becky/Charlotte and Sasha/Naomi/Tamina gimmick is legit eye roll worthy...

Might have been a good gimmick to introduce them all, if only all three of them took out Paige/Naomi/Tamina, too.