AAW Thread

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
themib

Re: AAW Thread

Post by themib » Fri Mar 10, 2017 1:59 pm

The AAW Tag Team Titles have been vacated due to Andrew Everett getting injured during a recent tour of Europe. To settle the issue, there'll be a mini tournament on March 17th in Berwyn - The Best Friends take on OI4K, and the Besties in the World take on Scarlet & Graves, the two winning teams then meet to decide the new champions.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Mar 10, 2017 2:19 pm

Would love to see Scarlet & Graves pull off the upset and become the new champs. That would be a great moment to see and help solidify some youngsters in the company.

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:31 am

Have the Best Friends ever versed the Besties in the World? I really would like to see match for some odd reason.

themib

Post by themib » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:36 am

ScorpioCorp wrote:Have the Best Friends ever versed the Besties in the World? I really would like to see match for some odd reason.
Believe they wrestled on the last Merrionette Park show "The Art of War 2017".

ScorpioCorp

Post by ScorpioCorp » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:37 am

themib wrote:
ScorpioCorp wrote:Have the Best Friends ever versed the Besties in the World? I really would like to see match for some odd reason.
Believe they wrestled on the last Merrionette Park show "The Art of War 2017".
Damn, they already wrestled against each other this year. Cheers.

gpusa

Post by gpusa » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:35 am

I wasn't planning on going Friday since the Berwyn venue is gross but then they announced Zack sabre vs KOR and I don't think that I can skip it now.

themib

Post by themib » Tue Mar 14, 2017 8:08 am

The final of the mini tag tourney has been moved to the debut show in Rosemont next month.

gpusa

Post by gpusa » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:01 pm

I'm going to the show in Logan square next weekend. Can't wait to see Keith lee vs pentagon and excited to see some of the new guys for the first time.

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon May 01, 2017 2:49 pm

First Logan Square show I'll be missing but money is tight right now and I just can't nuke a Saturday night with the graps this weekend. Looks like a hell of a show though.

TGD287

Post by TGD287 » Fri May 05, 2017 3:57 pm

Hadn't seen much promotion for this, but Colt is taping his podcast before the show at 4 PM at Bric and Brac records, just a couple blocks north.

gpusa

Post by gpusa » Sun May 07, 2017 10:20 pm

I really enjoyed the show last night. Elgin vs ZSJ was definitely the highlight. Sami and Jake vs AR Fox and fenix was my second favorite, not a bad match on the show. It was fun to see some of the new guys in the 6 man opener and the tag.

They announced Elgin vs jack swagger for later in the month which seems pretty interesting to me.

gpusa

Post by gpusa » Wed May 24, 2017 8:06 pm

The card for Thursday looks pretty fun with Elgin vs Swagger, Sami vs Juvi, Fenix/Fox vs Strickland/Lio Rush and Keith Lee vs Dijak. Only problem is getting out to Berwyn on a Thursday night after work.

thecubsfan

Post by thecubsfan » Fri May 26, 2017 5:06 pm

Attendance seemed a tick down from when they ran Berwyn with Ciampa/Pentagon (or maybe people didn't spot the empty seats over on my side.) Show was good though, easily worth the ticket.

Lee/Dijak was really good. They were almost too big for the building, hitting the ceiling (and playing off it) a few times. Fox/Fenix vs Rush/Strickland was just about as good, and maybe a hair better than the Fox/Fenix vs Crists match from LaSalle. (Haven't seen the Logan Park rematch yet.) Both matches were exactly what you'd be looking out of that match.

Sami/Juvy and Elgin/Swagger were good matches in very much the usual Sami and Elgin matches. Swagger's indie presentation - blue shorts for gear, not bothering to come up with a new name - leaves a lot to be desired. He gave an honest effort and took a beating, but I don't know that he's going to be the super indie worker people have been hoping for. He might want to cut back on the punches. Juvy did pretty well early, then there was something late where his mask got pulled up enough that either covered his eyes or otherwise distracted him and the match derailed for a bit, and they never really recovered. It was only like the last couple minutes of the match but it felt off, and the finish on a stretch muffler felt like it happened early (especially with the rest of the show being so heavy one everyone getting in their signature moves, we didn't get a Juvy Driver or a 450 tease.) Crowd was into seeing both guys, both the novelty of it and when they did something signature that showed they could still go.

Four way was good if a little short - but then when they got the show done just after 10 on a work night, I was ok with going a little short. Everything else was good to fine. It's worth your time a MP4 purchase.

gpusa

Post by gpusa » Sun Jul 16, 2017 3:59 pm

I went to the show last night, pretty fun but not to the level of some of the higher end AAW shows.

ACH vs Myron and Riddle vs Fitchett sood out to me as the best matches of the night.

David Starr is quickly becoming one of my favorites, declaring that he made Eddie Kingston quit due to a rear chinlock was amazing. I'm looking forward to seeing what him and Jeff Cobb can do together as a team.

themib

Post by themib » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:11 pm

The second annual Jim Lynam Memorial Tournament begins tonight, with both nights taking place at the Berwyn Eagles Club. Last year's tournament was really good, got a feeling this year's will be better.

*Penta El Zero M vs. Michael Elgin
*Andrew Everett vs. Zema Ion
*Mark Haskins vs. Eddie Kingston
*Dezmond Xavier vs. AR Fox
*Sami Callihan vs. Mat Fitchett
*ACH vs. Curt Stallion
*Zachary Wentz vs. Jeff Cobb
*Myron Reed vs. Brian Cage

In non tourney action, Rey Fenix defends the AAW Heavyweight Title against Trevor Lee, and Team SPLX (Matt Riddle & Zack Sabre Jr.) take on Keith Lee & Shane Strickland which has the potential to be AMAZING.