WWE 2016 Cuts

WWE, TNA, and all U.S./Canada based graps talk
Buzz Sawyer

WWE 2016 Cuts

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Apr 05, 2016 6:12 pm

Usually after WrestleMania it's time to "trim the fat". Who are some that people expect to be cut? I think that Tyler Breeze should shut off his cell phone. Besides Breeze, I think the following could be gone.
Adam Rose
Alex Riley
Damian Sandow
Fandango
Wade Barrett
Sin Cara
Who's Rob Viper ?

JML

Re: WWE 2016 Cuts

Post by JML » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Well with Barrett, he's leaving on his own.

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:07 pm

Usually not a big fan of talking about this kind of this stuff as I always feel like it brings bad luck.

There were so many Women in the ring last night even without Brie and Nikki.

That division is such a basket case. But Cameron does fleeting WWE Live Event shots, hasn't been doing NXT the past 2 months and isn't on Total Divas. Tamina is pretty useless and has been there for SIX years.

El Torito and Hornswoggle are MIA. Although Hornswoggle does a fair bit of Be A Star.

Jack Swagger might be that unnamed roster member thinking about MMA.

As discussed on flagship VOW podcast Fandango is a C-show utility Wrestler.

Mark Henry is probably in his last year legit.

Likewise Goldust but he likely will be a Producer.

So many female ring announcers are being trained in that it is hard to see how Lillian Garcia will stay around.

R-Truth has a job as long as he wants one.

Sin Cara is disposable. Dependent on how successful Kalisto's singles success is.

All the Social Outcasts are in danger. If Heath survives their release and 3MBs you'd have to wonder who he has photos of as serviceable as he is.

Tyson Kidd will likely retire.

wac

Post by wac » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:19 pm

Breeze is probably costing them next to nothing and could be a solid utility/job guy for years to come.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:46 pm

JML wrote:Well with Barrett, he's leaving on his own.
Still doesn't mean that they still couldn't cut him before his contract runs out.
Who's Rob Viper ?

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:21 pm

With WWE I always work myself into expecting a lot of cuts, and often they're modest. It's easy to feel that all these NXT callups and Balor Club rumors could mean a greater cut to make some room.

More then that, I wonder if the rebranding of the women's division leads to a reevaluation of their current main roster talent pool.

Buzz Sawyer

Post by Buzz Sawyer » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:54 pm

Garuda wrote:With WWE I always work myself into expecting a lot of cuts, and often they're modest. It's easy to feel that all these NXT callups and Balor Club rumors could mean a greater cut to make some room.

More then that, I wonder if the rebranding of the women's division leads to a reevaluation of their current main roster talent pool.
I don't see the women's division to be all that important as long as Vince is still around and in charge.
Who's Rob Viper ?

rovert

Post by rovert » Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:59 pm

Would be interesting if we get two women's matches on Live Events as a regular deal.

Big E on Enzo and Cass:

Primo and Epico have repackaged yet again. That's a lot of tag teams. Especially if Gallows and Anderson are one too. Something has to give.

Wiretaup

Post by Wiretaup » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:09 pm

Don't forget The Vaudevillains coming up to anchor Superstars with The Ascension

Garuda

Post by Garuda » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:04 pm

Buzz Sawyer wrote:
Garuda wrote:With WWE I always work myself into expecting a lot of cuts, and often they're modest. It's easy to feel that all these NXT callups and Balor Club rumors could mean a greater cut to make some room.

I don't see the women's division to be all that important as long as Vince is still around and in charge.

I don't disagree, but the Rosa Mendes's of the world may look less valuable now than last year.

monster mafia

Post by monster mafia » Tue Apr 05, 2016 11:37 pm

Brand Extension coming soon i hope

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Apr 16, 2016 3:13 pm

Posting this here just because:

STAMFORD, Conn. – In accordance with its Talent Wellness Program, WWE has suspended Raymond Leppan (Adam Rose) and Ryan Parmeter (Konnor) each for 60 days effective immediately for a second violation of the company’s policy.

http://www.wwe.com/article/raymond-lepp ... -suspended

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Apr 16, 2016 5:44 pm

wac wrote:Breeze is probably costing them next to nothing and could be a solid utility/job guy for years to come.
Too young & talented to cut. Just needs a repackaging. I felt from the early NXT days of it that his act would not work on the main roster.

rovert

Post by rovert » Sat Apr 16, 2016 6:00 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
wac wrote:Breeze is probably costing them next to nothing and could be a solid utility/job guy for years to come.
Too young & talented to cut. Just needs a repackaging. I felt from the early NXT days of it that his act would not work on the main roster.
Breaking Ground SHOWED Breeze is liked by management (Triple H). Splitting up him up with Summer was 110% Vince's call. I got hour by hour updates on that split.

Triple H is the head of talent relations. He does the hiring and firings so I think he Breeze will be fine for a good while. Triple H was appointed in that role June 2012. Adam Rose (36) was signed in early 2010 and Konnor (36) was re-signed by FCW in July 2010. Rose and Konnor did get strong pushes in NXT but they were Johnny Ace hires even so. The ESPN documentary which was essentially legit explained that the Adam Rose character was Ray Leppan last chance before being released.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Tue Apr 19, 2016 6:32 pm

Yeah...good ol Ray Leppan ain't long for this world.

I much preferred the Leo Kruger gimmick. I thought he could work a bit better than he was ever presented. He was having some solid two segment matches on proto-NXT on hulu.

Hero in the dog house really screwed him up, too. They paired them up for a little run in the tag title tourney and were looking to be pushed until Hero got put into the dog house, was on an off TV. British Ambition v. Ohno-Kruger one of them old school NXT gems along with numerous Kruger-Gabriel matches.