STR 112: WWE Hell In A Cell preview, Tyler Breeze debut, WWF vs Alliance 2001

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

STR 112: WWE Hell In A Cell preview, Tyler Breeze debut, WWF vs Alliance 2001

Post by Rob McCarron » Wed Oct 21, 2015 4:26 pm

STR 112: WWE Hell In A Cell preview, Tyler Breeze debut, Team WWF vs The Alliance - Survivor Series 2001

Download

Shake Them Ropes' annual WWE Hell In A Cell preview show looks at the main events of this Sunday's Pay Per View, including Brock Lesnar vs Undertaker in the Cell. We'll get into rumors of Tyler Breeze's impending debut, who will challenge John Cena for the US Championship, and what happened to Luke Harper. Plus, Match #59 on our Top 100 countdown features the end of the Invasion, the Survivor Series 2001 main event pitting Team WWF vs The Alliance.
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Re: STR 112: WWE Hell In A Cell preview, Tyler Breeze debut, WWF vs Alliance 2001

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:05 pm

We nailed it on the Tyler Breeze debut :)

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Re: STR 112: WWE Hell In A Cell preview, Tyler Breeze debut, WWF vs Alliance 2001

Post by Rob McCarron » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:41 pm

Admittedly, though, it wasn't us going that far out on a limb. After last week when they seemingly closed off the Dolph/Summer thing, then made no (or little, I wasn't paying close attention) mention of it on Raw, I thought it was too random to do the Miz TV thing without brining in Breeze. Putting Dolph in the 6-man at HIAC was only thing giving me pause on it.
Shake Them Ropes

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:43 pm

I'm taking my credit where I can

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:00 pm

Interesting in your thoughts on WWF/Alliance. That whole angle was soooo disappointing as it was happening but when you look back, everything in-ring was pretty solid, this match being no exception.

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:06 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Interesting in your thoughts on WWF/Alliance. That whole angle was soooo disappointing as it was happening but when you look back, everything in-ring was pretty solid, this match being no exception.
I'm still trying to get past Rob saying how great the Big Show is in this. He comes in, does some chops and gets Angle slammed/frog splashed/elbowed. This was supposed to be a Big Show reclamation and it fails in my opinion. I watched it and thought they made Big Show a bigger geek with the quick offense that's reversed quickly.

the first third of the match is great back and forth but all the heat goes to Shane, but while I get that in story that's okay, as Rob points out in his own way, the outcome was known before the match started by everyone in the building. I tend to think in the build and the match, it needed to be established that the Alliance was an actual united front that was a well oiled machine.

the RVD pin is anticlimatic due to him being such a mad over babyface on a heel team.

rwa2play

Post by rwa2play » Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:51 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Interesting in your thoughts on WWF/Alliance. That whole angle was soooo disappointing as it was happening but when you look back, everything in-ring was pretty solid, this match being no exception.
I can remember how excited I was when ECW "invaded" and Paul cut that insane promo that had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. Then I remember how disappointed I was when "The Alliance" was formed. A WWF v. ECW v. WCW angle would've made for 2-3 years worth of storyline; sadly, as he would with other angles like the Nexus and CM Punk's "pipebomb", Vince burned through that like nobody's business.

Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

Post by Rob McCarron » Fri Oct 23, 2015 5:23 pm

Yeah, there were a ton of exciting moments and every segment felt important. Obviously, it could have been even better, and may have disappointed a ton, but living through it and watching it was an exciting time good or bad.
Shake Them Ropes

samptime

Post by samptime » Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:36 am

Good show.