WWE MSG Preview, New Day, new live stream & more!

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rob McCarron
VOW Staff Member

WWE MSG Preview, New Day, new live stream & more!

Post by Rob McCarron » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:10 am

STR Audio returns w/ Rob & Jeff discussing the New Day, the Luke Harper - Braun Strowman dynamic, CM Punk vs John Cena from 2013, and a preview of the WWE Network special WWE MSG from Madison Square Garden this Saturday. Next week, our NXT Takeover: Respect preview and Cesaro vs Sami Zayn from NXT TV in 2013. Plus, we tested a new live stream. More info on our Twitter, but post-PPV live shows are in the future!

http://traffic.libsyn.com/shakethemropes/str108.mp3
Shake Them Ropes
iTunes | Stitcher | Twitter |YouTube

rwa2play

Re: WWE MSG Preview, New Day, new live stream & more!

Post by rwa2play » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:26 am

I gotta say, I'm not looking forward to 'Taker/Brock at HIAC. That could get ugly very fast and put Vince into a crapstorm of unheard of proportions.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:27 pm

I think the most notable thing about the Cena-Punk match is the piledriver being used, that was an amazing near fall

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:00 pm

ErinQuinn wrote:I think the most notable thing about the Cena-Punk match is the piledriver being used, that was an amazing near fall
IIRC they were fined for that.

I think that's why Lawler was so speechless

Joe Gagne
VOW Staff Member

Post by Joe Gagne » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:38 pm

As a father of a six year old boy, I've avoided exposing him to wrestling. Pro graps is all about solving problems through violence, which isn't a lesson you really want to hammer home. Maybe in a few years if he's interested I'll let him watch. I don't want to force my habits on him, but I'd be lying if going to shows with him isn't an undeniably appealing idea.

I probably watch less wrestling since I became a dad, and probably not as much as I'd like, but when the tradeoff if playing Legos with my son, that's A-OK.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:58 pm

Jeff Hawkins wrote:
ErinQuinn wrote:I think the most notable thing about the Cena-Punk match is the piledriver being used, that was an amazing near fall

See, now Ted DiBiase Jr would have gotten over he had just hit piledrivers on people while the announcers put up how he can afford it

Jeff Hawkins
VOW Staff Member

Post by Jeff Hawkins » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:31 pm

ErinQuinn wrote:
Jeff Hawkins wrote:

See, now Ted DiBiase Jr would have gotten over he had just hit piledrivers on people while the announcers put up how he can afford it
It absolutely floors me that when WWE wanted "sports rights" type money they didn't go back to the old Crockett lingo of being "fined" for moves and for promos you "bought time on this station"

Reality era.

ErinQuinn

Post by ErinQuinn » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:03 am

Jeff Hawkins wrote:
ErinQuinn wrote:
Jeff Hawkins wrote:

It absolutely floors me that when WWE wanted "sports rights" type money they didn't go back to the old Crockett lingo of being "fined" for moves and for promos you "bought time on this station"

Reality era.
that'll never happen now that they treat the company like a traveling circus, under one big tent, with an entire roster beholden to whoever is in charge at the moment. Buying ad time might make someone think the wrestlers have their own money and could survive outside WWE