Wrestling Omakase #110: AJPW 9/3, NJPW Road to Destruction, TJP & DDT 9/1 w/ Thomas

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
IIDXias

Wrestling Omakase #110: AJPW 9/3, NJPW Road to Destruction, TJP & DDT 9/1 w/ Thomas

Post by IIDXias » Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:38 pm

This week on Wrestling Omakase I'm joined by returning guest and VOW contributor Thomas Fischbeck to talk AJPW's 9/3 Korakuen and their year/booking in general, preview the upcoming Oudou tournament, NJPW's Road to Destruction tour so far with a focus on the Young Lions Cup, the upcoming major shows, and finally Tokyo Joshi and DDT's doubleheader from 9/1 in Osaka.

https://redcircle.com/shows/wrestling-o ... 443bb80479

Danwaka

Re: Wrestling Omakase #110: AJPW 9/3, NJPW Road to Destruction, TJP & DDT 9/1 w/ Thomas

Post by Danwaka » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:52 am

I'll have you know John that while I am a filthy casual, I wouldn't click off if you front-loaded with DDT.

I mean I'll skip ahead unless it's Aoki, Naya, Higuchi or Irie talk, but it's always the AJPW talk that reels me in.

IIDXias

Re: Wrestling Omakase #110: AJPW 9/3, NJPW Road to Destruction, TJP & DDT 9/1 w/ Thomas

Post by IIDXias » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:53 pm

I'm mostly kidding most of the time when I joke about the casuals and DDT talk, although one time someone did actually @ me to complain that I put DDT first and they had to fast forward past it haha.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:48 pm

Fair enough, it's definitely not for everyone.

Speaking of DDT though, what are your thoughts on Yukio Naya? He was a guy whose sumo background desperately had me wishing he'd wind up in AJPW as a throwback (same for Higuchi). Even the two of them just popping in for a tag league together would be fun.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:39 pm

Spent all day at jury duty today, thanks to the both of you (and the BritWres Roundtable) for getting me through that slog.

Re: "With Gerard...you're Thomas"

I agree John, they ARE all faceless drones who are at your beck and call and who you can't tell apart. (except for Mr. Dunphy, Mr. Lanza, and Mrs.Quinlan)