VOW Flagship: All Out, Royal Quest, Summer Sizzler, UK TakeOver

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Joe Lanza
Site Admin

VOW Flagship: All Out, Royal Quest, Summer Sizzler, UK TakeOver

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:24 pm

Joe and Rich get you ready for a HUGE wrestling weekend with previews of AEW ALL OUT, Royal Quest, TakeOver UK, Summer Sizzler & more!

I can't figure out how to embed the show now that we've moved to Red Circle, so, I don't know, I assume everyone knows where to find it anyway!

Bloodbuzz Bunk

Re: VOW Flagship: All Out, Royal Quest, Summer Sizzler, UK TakeOver

Post by Bloodbuzz Bunk » Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:45 pm

There are for sure dudes who watch every second of WWE broadcasted “wrestling” shows. I know one for sure reviews them all and he reviews anything wrestling show that has regular tv( ROH, Impact, MLW).

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:15 pm

Rich, when you go somewhere exotic as you always do, how brave are you in trying the local cuisine? Because I think there's a podcast market of you and the Nurse eating random shit in Greenland like seal meat or suaasat or musk-ox tartare. And I think you'd enjoy the local coffee if nothing else.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:28 pm

Bloodbuzz Bunk wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 7:45 pm
There are for sure dudes who watch every second of WWE broadcasted “wrestling” shows. I know one for sure reviews them all and he reviews anything wrestling show that has regular tv( ROH, Impact, MLW).
Jeez, I forgot about Larry Csonka, that utter maniac

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:29 pm

I couldve posted a link, I'm talking about the fancy embedded audio

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:09 am

Disgusted by the idea of Little Caesars watching the cheese market, buying bulk cheese, and serving you 8 month old previously frozen low grade cheese. What a scumbag organization.

andrewrich
VOW Staff Member

Post by andrewrich » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:18 am

Joe Lanza wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:29 pm
I know, but I don't think you can do that like you could with AudioBoom, at least as far as I know.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:49 am

BoxingRobes wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:09 am
Disgusted by the idea of Little Caesars watching the cheese market, buying bulk cheese, and serving you 8 month old previously frozen low grade cheese. What a scumbag organization.
You may or may not be stunned to learn that LC uses a higher quality cheese than Pizza Hut.

I was brought in to an upstart that shall remain nameless for a bit and they insisted on using fresh, hand grated, 20% buffalo milk blend. Fought to downgrade that to lower cost of sales by 2-3%, nobody listens to Lanza, i'd tell you how that worked out for them but you can probably figure it out.

BoxingRobes
VOW Staff Member

Post by BoxingRobes » Sat Aug 31, 2019 2:18 am

Joe Lanza wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:49 am
BoxingRobes wrote:
Sat Aug 31, 2019 12:09 am
You may or may not be stunned to learn that LC uses a higher quality cheese than Pizza Hut.

I was brought in to an upstart that shall remain nameless for a bit and they insisted on using fresh, hand grated, 20% buffalo milk blend. Fought to downgrade that to lower cost of sales by 2-3%, nobody listens to Lanza, i'd tell you how that worked out for them but you can probably figure it out.
Id believe you.

Pizza Hut has the buffet gimmick. Im sure the shit they throw on that dough is all sorts of scummy.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 3:11 pm

Good previews for the shows. I have pretty low expectations for All Out and Cardiff, so hopefully both exceed those.

In some form or fashion, I watch each WWE weekly show to some extent except NXT UK. I have a list of matches I'd like to see, but really can't get into it. The talent is certainly there, but it just doesn't do it for me.

BlizzardAcolyte

Post by BlizzardAcolyte » Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:27 pm

Given how you guys brought up that you would have cut bait on The Dark Order already, and have them disappear for a while for a repackage, exactly how do you metamorphose them? Back to SSB Form? Uno unmasks and you try them both as straight-laced wrestlers for a while (something Dos has done before, for extended periods)? Do you split them up and see what you have with Dos as a singles act (again, something Dos has done, both as Young Lions Cup holder AND as "The Emperor" Stu Grayson)? They got options...unfortunately, none of then involve anything I think you can easily transition to now that this gimmick has been established so firmly within this company.

Personally, I would give Dark Order a month on TV and see how well/poorly the act translates on air, before cutting bait on it.

I should thank you guys: I had no desire to seek out any of these shows before listening to this, but now I'm at least going to make the effort to purchase All Out. So uh, great job!

All the Pizza Hut slander is humorous, given that I'm eating from the Hut as I type this (bacon and sausage, stuffed crust)...

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:42 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 11:29 pm
Don't think RedCircle has the ability for the cool auto embed unfortunately (for now at least!)

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:44 pm

Danwaka wrote:
Fri Aug 30, 2019 8:15 pm
Rich, when you go somewhere exotic as you always do, how brave are you in trying the local cuisine? Because I think there's a podcast market of you and the Nurse eating random shit in Greenland like seal meat or suaasat or musk-ox tartare. And I think you'd enjoy the local coffee if nothing else.
I don't use go to places that are THAT exotic. The only time I ever left the country I went to Italy and basically just ate what you would think (pizza, pasta, etc.) I did eat Swordfish when i was there and immediately had an allergic reaction so decided that maybe I shouldn't have anymore fish in Italy.

Otherwise I'm going to like San Francisco or Seattle lol so not too much crazy. I'll see what Iceland has to offer food wise. I'm usually down to try anything at least once. :lol:

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Sun Sep 01, 2019 3:29 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:44 pm
I don't use go to places that are THAT exotic. The only time I ever left the country I went to Italy and basically just ate what you would think (pizza, pasta, etc.) I did eat Swordfish when i was there and immediately had an allergic reaction so decided that maybe I shouldn't have anymore fish in Italy. Otherwise I'm going to like San Francisco or Seattle lol so not too much crazy. I'll see what Iceland has to offer food wise. I'm usually down to try anything at least once. :lol:
Hey man, American cuisine is plenty exotic to me. Deep dish pizzas, clam chowder, grits, biscuits and gravy, jumbo stew, barbecue ribs, etc... ;)