VOW Flagship (2/7): Call for Questions

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

VOW Flagship (2/7): Call for Questions

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:02 pm

Joe is out so I'm flying solo tonight. Going to be doing some news hits at the beginning but would love to chat with you guys as well. Send me questions related to recent happenings going on in the world of wrestling and I'll answer them in the second part of the show!

One question per person please. :D

Gerard

Re: VOW Flagship (2/7): Call for Questions

Post by Gerard » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:11 pm

In the Observer that dropped last night Meltzer said WWE officials met with Japanese companies about cooperating and eventually leading the way to set up a NXT Japan.

Which companies do you think WWE talked to, and are there any Japanese promotions that you hope stay the hell away from WWE?

steve

Post by steve » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:17 pm

Which promotion is winning (and losing) the “talent war” right now?

dancecab

Post by dancecab » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:18 pm

Who do you see as the most underrated american indy or international wrestlers right now? Also and why is it Mike Rollins.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:23 pm

With her Freelance title win last weekend, Kylie Rae is clearly one of the biggest stars in Chicago. With rumors that she is AEW bound, do you see her as someone they can build the women's division around? Or is her local appeal not going to translate to the national scene?

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:32 pm

If you had to choose 5 promotions to watch, but the catch is they are the ONLY promotions you could watch, which would you pick?

For this sake, we'll say that WWE includes all of the subsidiaries (but not PROGRESS/EVOLVE/wXw) and DDT does the same with TJP/BASARA/etc.

Also keep in mind this is a perfect world situation and you don't have to cover WWE on the flagship (though I suspect as a value pick you'd probably still go for them).

skeach101

Post by skeach101 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:44 pm

I don't have a question as much as something I'd like your opinion on.... I think I'm onto something.

So, it's WWE HOF season and we all know how dumb the whole thing is. However, I recently came up with something and want to run this by you guys.

I think I figured out the BARE minimum to get into the WWE HOF. All you need to do is main event ONE PPV in a SINGLES match. You accomplish that, you're a future HOFer. Go through the past, and you'll find that to be true.... And sometimes you don't even need to do that.

So next time you have a friend ask you about it. Drop that little nugget of info to show how stupid it is.

FilipPejic

Post by FilipPejic » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:44 pm

Which Japanese promotion do you think AEW will work with ?, As it looks like NJPW is going to stick with ROH. Cause the rumours I have been hearing lately is that they might work with DDT.
Some Guy from Canada that you can follow on twitter @FilipPejic97

armsofsleep

Post by armsofsleep » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:01 pm

FilipPejic wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:44 pm
Which Japanese promotion do you think AEW will work with ?, As it looks like NJPW is going to stick with ROH. Cause the rumours I have been hearing lately is that they might work with DDT.
Not to say it's impossible, but I can't see it happening. DDT just partnered with WWN for their USA show. And they have an official partnership with FCP now, that's a lot of WWE connections. That being said, they do always pride themselves on working with EVERYONE and trying to cut through politics.

I think at the end of the day, they basically just try to stay out of NJPW's way. Omega and Jericho clearly want to do both, and will probably do so even without an official partnership

throwstuff165

Post by throwstuff165 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 7:38 pm

As a sports fan, what's your opinion on Cody talking about how AEW's kicked around the idea of having win-loss records? Do you like the idea in theory? Do you think Tony Khan being a stats guy gives it a better chance of succeeding than with the promotions that have tried it in the past or do you think it's doomed to fail eventually no matter what?

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:33 pm

This question is about the following Observer quote:
We still don't know what the MSG main event will be. Jay White against Tanahashi, or Okada-Tanahashi. Maybe even Tanahashi-Jericho.
Of those 3 matches, which are you hoping to see take place and who would also go over in your choice?

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Thu Feb 07, 2019 8:58 pm

Killer Kross - Your thoughts on him as a performer and his potential? I'm at a point where I'd like to see him spend some time in AJPW or NOAH like Cage, Edwards, Valletta, etc...

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:31 pm

What do you think about Tom Lawlor? Personally if I was Tony Khan, I would do everything I could to get him under contract. His seriousness would be a nice contrast to a lot if the goofiness that The Elite is known for. What do you see as his ceiling?

Goat

Post by Goat » Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:25 am

I know people have been waiting for New Japan to shiv ROH in the back for years now, but with AEW now working with AAA and no one ever considering that possibility between NJPW and CMLL can we now put to bed any notion of New Japan working with AEW?

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:02 am

Not a question, but I'm genuinely glad to see the rest of the Elite (Kenny, Kota) out of NJPW for good now. They can go off and do their own thing with their own fans in AEW and we get to see a lot of opened up slots in NJPW. It's like looking back on 2016 again, only there's no worry now, just anticipation.