VOW Flagship: Bouncin' Around Titan, Rush, ROH roster & more!

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
rovert

Re: VOW Flagship: Bouncin' Around Titan, Rush, ROH roster & more!

Post by rovert » Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:04 am

armsofsleep wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:39 pm
I think the way he approaches matches is just always going to be antithetical to the way modern workrate fans look at matches. Not that he can't do great workrate stuff, because he can. But he's always worried first about getting heat, playing to the crowd, getting his storyline over, cutting promos, etc.

I don't think it's blasphemous to compare him to someone like Cena. He's never going to be the greatest workrate guy on any roster. But he's a great worker in his own way, and his charisma and total package really make him an overall great wrestler. An even better comparison might be Shinsuke Nakamura, where for the most part, the way they both coast at times and rely on charisma is better suited for their home promotions than anywhere in the US. But people who see them outside of that context tend to wonder what the big deal is.
He's obviously interesting/intriguing.

But ROH is still an ring driven promotion at the end of the day.

armsofsleep

Re: VOW Flagship: Bouncin' Around Titan, Rush, ROH roster & more!

Post by armsofsleep » Fri Jan 25, 2019 11:58 am

rovert wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 5:04 am
armsofsleep wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:39 pm
I think the way he approaches matches is just always going to be antithetical to the way modern workrate fans look at matches. Not that he can't do great workrate stuff, because he can. But he's always worried first about getting heat, playing to the crowd, getting his storyline over, cutting promos, etc.

I don't think it's blasphemous to compare him to someone like Cena. He's never going to be the greatest workrate guy on any roster. But he's a great worker in his own way, and his charisma and total package really make him an overall great wrestler. An even better comparison might be Shinsuke Nakamura, where for the most part, the way they both coast at times and rely on charisma is better suited for their home promotions than anywhere in the US. But people who see them outside of that context tend to wonder what the big deal is.
He's obviously interesting/intriguing.

But ROH is still an ring driven promotion at the end of the day.
To an extent yeah

But outside of the Bucks, a lot of the most over acts in the company haven’t been top tier workrate guys: Cody, Lethal, Castle, Scurll, etc. it’s not 2005 or anything