Call for Questions: VOW Flagship (Rich & Joe Gagne) September 27

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Call for Questions: VOW Flagship (Rich & Joe Gagne) September 27

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:19 pm

The Lanza is taking a week off so I'm getting my weekly Joe fix by bringing the one and only Joe Gagne on as a special guest host.

Have any wrestling, video game or wrestling video game questions for Joe Gagne and I?

Ckkj14

Re: Call for Questions: VOW Flagship (Rich & Joe Gagne) September 27th

Post by Ckkj14 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:29 pm

You've been sent to an island to live for the rest of your life (not the Isle of Man!) you can have 1 show to watch for the rest of eternity, 1 theme song you can listen too and 1 wrestling video game to play. What do you chose?

Also are you doing an MLB playoff preview again this year?

Lawsoncomedy

Re: Call for Questions: VOW Flagship (Rich & Joe Gagne) September 27

Post by Lawsoncomedy » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:33 pm

Top 5 favorite:
Matches
RPGs
Fps games
Platformers
Wrestlers
Tag teams
Feuds

Obviously you don't have to do all of those. I just love a good list.

Tim_dawg

Post by Tim_dawg » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:43 pm

You and Joe always say WWE has put themselves in a position where booking doesn't matter. But what happens in a few years when these new TV contracts are up? If ratings keep declining and the booking keeps pushing away fans, do you think WWE should be worried about getting a way lower TV deal? What can WWE do to keep their company as profitable as it is now? And if they do get a worse deal, what internal changes do you see happening within the company?

Is Chrono Trigger the best SNES game?
Last edited by Tim_dawg on Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:47 pm

So this is more of a throwback fantasy booking question than anything else.

Suppose that AJPW is working with WCW instead of NJPW in the 1990s. Who makes up "NWO All Japan" in this fantasy scenario? What WCW scrubs would you want to see make their way into a Champion Carnival to job in brutal beatings for a month straight, and does Fake Sting challenge for the Triple Crown Championship at some point? Also because this is WCW, what "dream matches" do we never get because Baba and Bischoff can't come to terms?

Also for videogames: Were you Atari, Nintendo, Playstation or Sega in the 80s / 90s? Coleco, Commodore and Intellivision are also acceptable answers.
Last edited by Danwaka on Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stank of Honor

Post by Stank of Honor » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:48 pm

Will Lucha Underground get any credit for the wrestling boom when this modern era of wrestling is looked back on? I’ve been watching it since day 1 and push Creative writing out of it, this was the place where Many people, including myself, first saw Pentagon, Fenix, Ricochet on tv in the US, Shane Strickland, Cage, Jeff Cobb, and countless other stars who literally have been the face of Indy wrestling since the time this show debuted. Before this, I never saw these guys all over my twitter feed in gifs. I know everyone laughs at it but if it weren’t for that show, would these guys really have taken off like they did? Hell they made Alberto El Patron interesting when he feuded with Johnny Mundo and he turned heel on him. Would it have happened anyways and it’s just a coincidence.

I don’t blame anyone for thinking it’s cringe, but I think they have a huge role in today’s wrestling landscape. Just curious about what you guys think

andrewrich
VOW Staff Member

Post by andrewrich » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:52 pm

Nice to see two former guests of the critically acclaimed podcast Music of the Mat teaming up. (A new episode about Kane's themes drops this upcoming Tuesday, by the way.)

ANYWAY, if we look at the New Japan USA shows we've had so far (as well as the upcoming one on Sunday), we see that there are a select group of New Japan roster members who have not wrestled on those shows. Guys like the New Japan Dads, Great Bash Heel, Taichi, TAKA, Iizuka, El Desperado, Kanemaru, Tiger Mask, Ishimori, and Henare have never been on a NJPW USA show yet. Meanwhile, most of those same wrestlers have actually wrestled a lot on the New Japan UK shows with RevPro. Why do you think New Japan hasn't brought those guys over for the USA shows yet?

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:54 pm

Any plans for Mania yet? Shows that you will or won't be attending?

Do you think ROH will be completely overshadowed at the MSG show or will their roster get at least a modicum of equal billing with New Japan?

HeadCheese
Location: Zonie Winner, Jesus Lover, Cheese`s Lover, and Pasta Eater. Maker of Bad Jokes. Great plugger.

Post by HeadCheese » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:47 am

How is your day?
What are your hot takes on Andreza Giant Panda?
Thank you for reading my questions.

rollup

Post by rollup » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:26 am

your favourite gaming platform ? did you prefer the old genesis / SNES days where a million different types of games were churned out daily or today's landscape where big budget games are slowly turned out ?

it was AJPW in 90s, Noahs in 00s and now currently NJPW. do you see it staying for the foreseeable future or do you think things might change ?

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:56 pm

We got to just about every question that was sent prior to our recording. Thanks everyone!

Danwaka

Post by Danwaka » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:36 pm

You missed out on the dream matches bit, but yeah, I couldn't really visualize anyone as part of NWO All Japan so I had to pass the buck. A part of me was thinking guys like Yoshihiro Takayama and Yoshinari Ogawa, but I couldn't think of an equivalent to Scott Norton. Maybe Johnny Ace like you suggested, but I'd have to rank Norton above and away from Ace.