Call for Questions (Patreon Exclusive Solo Q&A/Ask Me Anything)

Talk about shows from the Voices of Wrestling podcast network and argue with us here.
Deman93

Re: Call for Questions (Patreon Exclusive Solo Q&A/Ask Me Anything)

Post by Deman93 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:05 pm

If VOW became your full time job and you had enough time to start following 3 wrestling companies consistently that you don't have time for currently, what companies would you pick?

Personally, I would pick wXw, AJPW, and PWG

Jagger27

Post by Jagger27 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:36 pm

If you didn't have to watch for the podcast do you think you would watch any WWE? I had personally never watched another promotion until WK11 but after having my eyes opened I can't stomach the main roster stuff anymore at all.
@mikedaysley

supersonic

Post by supersonic » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:44 am

Will we see a new, improved VoW soon to celebrate next week’s Chi-Town MITB leaving the epic one 7 years ago completely in the dust?

Ckkj14

Post by Ckkj14 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:12 am

Rich Kraetsch wrote:Thanks guys! Here's the episode link:

https://twitter.com/voiceswrestling/sta ... 1105421317
haha never thought I'd hear the Voices of Wrestling crew talking about the Isle of Man TT! Just so you know he somehow survived that crash and was back on his bike within a year. He got a few podiums this year. The TT is where they race around our island on the roads at insane speeds. The lad who won the last race this year averaged 135MPH for his lap!

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:18 pm

appreciate the comments pre-question.

Finn is a pretty good choice and checks a lot of the boxes they like. Obviously, size is the one he doesn't have, but the reactions he gets are tremendous. And given that starting off with new tv contracts, he'd be a good way to start the 'new era.'

Rich Kraetsch
Site Admin

Post by Rich Kraetsch » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:59 pm

He's got a great, approachable look which I think is what stars of today should be geared towards. There was an era where we consumed larger-than-life but I think now more than ever people want relatable folks. Balor ticks the woke boxes, he looks great and is great in-ring. He's also a little more global than most of their other top guys so he seems like an easy pick.

Joe Lanza
Site Admin

Post by Joe Lanza » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:40 pm

Rich Kraetsch wrote:He's got a great, approachable look which I think is what stars of today should be geared towards. There was an era where we consumed larger-than-life but I think now more than ever people want relatable folks. Balor ticks the woke boxes, he looks great and is great in-ring. He's also a little more global than most of their other top guys so he seems like an easy pick.
Also, they already picked him when he won the Universal title. I still say the entire landscape changes if he doesn't get hurt in the match. I don't think that was meant to be one of their willy nilly title wins. I think they were going to get behind him and let it play out. That derailed him, possibly forever.

mlev76

Post by mlev76 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:13 pm

Joe Lanza wrote:
Rich Kraetsch wrote:He's got a great, approachable look which I think is what stars of today should be geared towards. There was an era where we consumed larger-than-life but I think now more than ever people want relatable folks. Balor ticks the woke boxes, he looks great and is great in-ring. He's also a little more global than most of their other top guys so he seems like an easy pick.
Also, they already picked him when he won the Universal title. I still say the entire landscape changes if he doesn't get hurt in the match. I don't think that was meant to be one of their willy nilly title wins. I think they were going to get behind him and let it play out. That derailed him, possibly forever.
Which would be a shame. But, I wonder with the Goldberg deal, would they have kept the belt on him and just made Brock/Goldberg a super fight feud with no title involved? I think it works that way, but they may have also have had Brock beat Finn at some point while Goldberg beats Brock, but doesn't get the title reign.